The Best Pendant Necklace
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
When it comes to buying a pendant necklace, there are many qualities to consider. One of the most crucial factors is deciding what type of metal you want your jewelry to be made from. Gold-plated jewelry is a popular choice for many because it offers the beauty and elegance of gold at a fraction of the cost. Still, you can select from many other metals, including sterling silver, if you are so inclined.
If you prefer gold plated pendant necklaces, it’s important to understand the different types of gold plating available. Gold plating is a process that coats jewelry in a thin layer of gold. This process increases the shine and overall appearance of the jewelry. It also makes the jewelry more durable since gold is a precious metal.
There are three main types of gold plating: electroplated, Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) and rolled gold plate. However, all three processes result in a piece of jewelry with a thin layer of gold.
You should always check the product description to see what type of gold plating is used. If there is no mention of the type of gold plating, it’s best to avoid that product. You should also look for pendant necklaces that are made with high-quality materials. For example, pendant necklaces made with 14-karat gold are a good option, but pendant necklaces made with 18-karat gold are even better.
While you might not think that a pendant made from a non-gold material would be as formal, sterling silver pendants abound and can make quite a statement with the proper outfit. If you have earrings or rings to match, you might find that a silver necklace ties your accessories together very well.
Our Picks For The Top Pendant Necklaces
- 1. Swarovski Rhodium Tone Finish Attract Crystal Necklace
- 2. M MOOHAM Initial Pendant & Paperclip Chain 14K Gold Plated Necklace
- 3. CDE Lead-Free Crystal Necklace Jewelry For Women
- 4. Turandoss Adjustable Layered Choker 14K Gold Plated Necklace
- 5. Amazon Collection Pressed Flowers Heart Necklace
- 6. Trendsmax Gold-Inlaid A-Z Box Bubble Letter Chain
- 7. Trendsmax Gold Plated Initial Letter Pendant Necklace Jewelry
- 8. PAVOI Alphabet Pendant Rhodium-Plated Bubble Letter Chain
- 9. Leafael Silver Infinity Heart Birthstone Pendant Necklace
- 10. Leafael Silver Plated Infinity Heart Pendant Necklace
- 11. Trendsmax Gold Plated Stainless Steel Initial Pendant Necklace
- 12. Amazon Essentials Sterling Silver Birthstone Pendant Necklace
- 13. MEVECCO 18K Gold Plated Layered Pendant Necklace
- 14. PAVOI 14K Gold Plated Dainty Pendant Necklace
- 15. Ava Riley 14K Gold Plated Disc Pendant Necklace
Rhodium Tone Finish Attract Crystal Necklace
This elegant crystal necklace has a timeless look. It features a sparkling Swarovski crystal. The necklace is versatile and works with pretty much any outfit.
Elegant ChoiceThis crystal necklace has a timeless design.
Initial Pendant & Paperclip Chain 14K Gold Plated Necklace
Two layers of gold-plated chains make this necklace stand out. The top layer is 14 inches, expandable by 2 inches, and the bottom layer is 18 inches, also expandable by 2 inches. An included pendant displays one initial that you choose, and it comes with a gift box.
Great GiftAdd a first or last initial to this layered 14K gold-plated necklace for a great gift.
Lead-Free Crystal Necklace Jewelry For Women
If there's a lady in your life that you're looking to impress, you'll want to go with this jewelry for women. It's a heart-shaped necklace with the most stunning colored stone in the center. Surrounding the stone is a rose gold-plated enclosure that makes the entire piece appear to be in 3D.
Designed to ImpressThis piece of jewelry for women is hypoallergenic, which makes it perfect for anyone with sensitive skin.
Adjustable Layered Choker 14K Gold Plated Necklace
You’ll get three necklaces in one with this necklace, including one with pearls, one with a bar and one with a hammered disc. Each necklace is plated in 14K gold for a nickel-free, hypoallergenic addition to your jewelry box. You’ll get a jewelry bag that you can use to wrap it up as a gift or for storing it when you travel.
Versatile OptionWear these necklaces alone or as either two or three layers for a different look every day.
What to Look For
- Look for pendant necklaces made with high-quality materials, such as 14-karat or 18-karat gold.
- Choose pendant necklaces that have a simple design. Pendant necklaces with intricate designs may be more likely to catch on clothing or get tangled in hair.
- Avoid pendant necklaces that have glued-on stones or crystals. These types of pendants are more likely to fall off and get lost.
- Consider the length of the necklace; too long is easy to get snagged on something, while too short may not look appropriate for the outfit you choose.
- A choker is a necklace that sits close to the base of your neck. Technically, if it has a gem, stone or other object hanging down, a choker can also be a pendant. Thus, it is an excellent option if you’re looking for a pendant necklace that’s both stylish and practical.
Pendant Necklace Rankings
More to Explore
Pendants have a long and storied history. This fashion accessory derives from the wearing of an amulet or talisman around the neck. You’ve likely seen images of people from as long ago as the Stone Age wearing this sort of jewelry. In many cases, the decorative piece at the end of the pendant was a tooth, shell or a stone.
In ancient Egypt. Pharohs often wore pendants of various kinds, as well. In some cases, these were used ceremonially or to showcase how they were deity-like. Sometimes, their pendants looked like scarab beetles, vultures or even revered serpents.
In modern pop culture, pendant necklaces are sometimes used differently. Ancient Egyptians wanted their necklaces to showcase their godliness; today’s celebrities do a similar thing, but in a different way. Consider the iconic clock necklace of rapper Flavor Flav. It is, at its core, a pendant necklace, too. Since it is so well-known, it’s easy to recognize the musician just by seeing his necklace!