The Best Hoodies For Teen Girls
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
For a teen girl, casual clothing can be fairly straightforward. In the cooler months, a sweatshirt is a great way to stay warm while also being comfortable. Today’s teens show a preference for hoodies. While they might never actually wear the hood, the look of one remains a casual fashion staple.
But there are different types of hoodies, and teens will often show a preference for one over the other. First, there’s the zipped hoodie, which some teens consider more of a jacket to wear outdoors when the weather falls into subzero temperatures. Zippered hoodies can be worn inside, as well, though, and are great for offering the flexibility of letting teens wear them open or zipped.
Then there are pullover hoodies. These are very popular for lounging around the house, but they can just as easily be worn to school or while hanging out with friends.
Fit is also an important consideration. Some teen girls like to wear their clothing baggy, while others go for more of a fitted look. For those interested in baggy sweatshirts, sometimes a boys’ hoodie will work better than the ones that are sold in the girls’ department.
Many hoodies will have a drawstring that lets you adjust the fit around the neck. Pulling on some drawstrings bunches up the hood, though, especially with some zippered hoodies, so make sure you’re getting adjustability on the neck if that’s what you’re after.
Overall, though, one of the most important features in a hoodie is its material. Fleece will help keep you warm, but on lighter-weight sweatshirts, you get comfort even in the spring and fall. It’s the thicker sweatshirt that can become too warm for less than extra-chilly weather, leaving you wanting to remove it when you’re in a heated indoor space.
Our Picks For The Top Hoodies For Teen Girls
- 1. SweatyRocks Relaxed Fit Drawstring Hoodie For Teen Girls
- 2. Diukia Tie Dye Kangaroo Pocket Hoodie For Teen Girls
- 3. BETTERCHIC Fleece Zip-Up Hoodie
- 4. COOKI Zip-Up Crop Top Hoodie For Teen Girls
- 5. Hanes Jersey Zip-Up Hoodie
- 6. Fila Heritage Logo Fleece Hoodie For Teen Girls
- 7. SweatyRocks Regular Fit Stretch Fabric Cute Hoodie For Teen Girls
- 8. Reebok Tie Dye Logo Hoodie For Teen Girls
- 9. Rgosme Cat Print & Fabric Ears Hoodie For Teen Girls
- 10. Doublju Lightweight Cotton Hoodie Jacket For Teen Girls
Relaxed Fit Drawstring Hoodie For Teen Girls
Polyester keeps this sweatshirt durable and comfortable with a little fleece for warmth and spandex for stretch. It has a drawstring to help you customize the fit around the neck and a pocket for warming your hands or storing items. The casual, sporty style makes this sweatshirt the right fit whether you’re lounging around the house or going to s...
Multiseason WearWith a lightweight build, this fleece sweatshirt can take you from fall to winter and spring.
Tie Dye Kangaroo Pocket Hoodie For Teen Girls
This lightweight hooded sweatshirt is a great option for the cooler months. You’ll get a polyester build with 5% spandex and a drawstring to tighten the hood when necessary. You can choose from a variety of styles and sizes from Small to XXL.
Pairs With LeggingsMatch this sweatshirt with your favorite pair of comfy leggings for a casual day at work, school or around the house.
Fleece Zip-Up Hoodie
This sweatshirt is a dream to put on and has a fleece interior. The dropped shoulder gives a more casual silhouette, while the ribbed cuffs ensure a comfortable fit, no matter where the day takes you.
Cozy PickOpt for this hoodie when you need a comfy feel and casual look.
Zip-Up Crop Top Hoodie For Teen Girls
The crop-top design and petite sizing will make this hoodie a hit for teen girls. The material is machine washable for easy care. The top runs small, so pay attention to the sizing guide before ordering.
So FashionableThis crop top sweatshirt will look great with your favorite pair of high-rise jeans or shorts.
What to Look For
- Hoodies will often come with pockets at the front. Although these can come in handy for keeping your hands warm in a pinch, they’re mostly meant for keeping your hands warm, rather than storing items.
- Sweatshirts come in different lengths. Many teen girls love the cropped look, which pairs nicely with high-rise jeans and shorts. But some teens like extra-long sweatshirts that they can pair with leggings. Between those two extremes is the standard waist length, which works well with a variety of pants and jeans waistlines.
- Polyester is a popular fabric in sweatshirts for a reason. It’s machine washable and resists fading and shrinking. Often sweatshirts have a small amount of spandex to provide stretch where it’s needed. Fleece is a form of polyester that’s softer and warmer than other types of polyester.
- Cotton provides a softness and luxury that you can’t get from other fabrics. But it can shrink and fade in the washer and dryer. If you go with cotton, you might want to machine wash on cold and air dry it to maintain its size.
- Sweatshirts are available in a variety of sizes. Beyond that, though, some teens buy juniors clothing as opposed to women’s sizes. It’s important to pay close attention to sizing since junior-sized garments can be much smaller.
- You can find sweatshirts in a variety of colors and patterns. Each teen has her own personal taste and preferences, but you can shop around to find a hoodie that works.
- Size tags sewed into the collars of sweatshirts can become itchy and uncomfortable. If this irritates your skin, you can always cut it out, but you might want to remove the tag at the seams to avoid any of it being left behind.
Hoodie For Teen Girls Rankings
More to Explore
If modern teens think hoodies are unique to their generation, they couldn’t be more wrong. In fact, in the Middle Ages, monks wore hoods connected to their frocks to keep their bald heads warm. Hooded clothing also became popular in the 1700s with women who needed to conceal their identities.
But the hooded sweatshirt as we know it today dates back to 1930, when Champion made the first hoodies. These were designed to protect warehouse workers in New York from the chill in the freezers where they worked. Athletes later adapted the look to cool off when they were taking a break from training. But the 1970s really brought hooded sweatshirts into the mainstream as hip-hop artists, skaters and break dancers adapted the look and it became popular with youth across America. When Sylvester Stallone wore a hoody in “Rocky” in 1976, the fashion item cemented its place in the hearts of American youth.