The Best Boys’ Cotton Underwear
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Little boys are quite active, so you’ll want to make sure they have a quality set of underwear that is not only comfortable, but also moves when they move. Cotton underwear is an ideal choice, as this fabric is natural and non-irritating when rubbed against the skin. As you shop for the perfect set of boys’ cotton underwear, you’ll want to consider certain features.
Determine which style of boys’ cotton underwear your child prefers. Traditional briefs are more form-fitting, and they don’t extend down the legs. They are a great choice for everyday wear. Boxer briefs, on the other hand, do extend down the legs while still providing a tight fit. These are ideal for sports and other physical activities. If your son prefers a relaxed fit, you’ll want to get a set of boxers. Boxers are nice and loose and have a snug elastic waistband that holds them in place.
Once you know which style to buy, you’ll need to check the sizes offered. If you’re potty training your 2- or 3-year-old, a brand that offers extra-small sizes is best. Tweens will need a brand that comes in extra-large sizes.
Review the underwear’s fabric next. For example, the Hanes Boys’ Comfort Flex Fit Cotton Boxer Briefs have moisture-wicking capabilities that keep kids cool and dry, while the Fruit Of The Loom Boys’ Cotton Underwear Boxer Shorts are made using a soft-touch waistband that won’t pinch. You also want to make sure the underwear is listed as breathable.
Consider a set of boy’s cotton underwear that has a little something extra to offer. Some packs are tagless, which means no protruding tags that often itch and irritate the wearer. Other sets of boys’ underwear are designed to be strong and durable, as well as fade- and wash-resistant. It’s possible to get a set of boy’s cotton underwear in plain colors, fun patterns or a combination of the two.
Our Picks For The Top Boys' Cotton Underwear
- 1. MALLARY Soft Touch Waistband Boys’ Cotton Underwear, 8-Pack
- 2. Amazon Essentials Machine Washable Boys’ Cotton Underwear, 8-Pack
- 3. Hanes Breathable Boys’ Cotton Brief Underwear, 7-Pack
- 4. Fruit Of The Loom Machine Washable Boys’ Cotton Underwear, 5-Pack
- 5. Carter’s Pull-On Boys’ Cotton Underwear, 7-Pack
- 6. Taxzode Roomy Boys’ Cotton Underwear Boxer Briefs, 8-Pack
- 7. Calvin Klein Breathable Boys’ Cotton Underwear Boxer Briefs, 2-Pack
- 8. Trimfit Ultra Soft Tagless Boys’ Cotton Underwear, 8-Pack
- 9. Boboking Cute Designs Boys’ Cotton Underwear Briefs, 6-Pack
Soft Touch Waistband Boys’ Cotton Underwear, 8-Pack
Stock up and save with this boys' cotton underwear 8-pack. Each pair of underwear features a different color, including orange, green, blue and red. Since the underwear are made using 100% cotton, you can count on them being breathable and comfortable to wear.
Colorful MultipackYou'll find these boys' cotton underwear packs come in sizes ranging from extra-small to extra-extra large.
Machine Washable Boys’ Cotton Underwear, 8-Pack
If your son prefers boxer briefs, then these boys' cotton underwear are the way to go. They're available in packs of eight or 14 and feature cute patterns, including stripes, sharks, dinosaurs and camo. Each pair is also made using a tagless design, so you won't have to worry about itchiness or irritation.
Cute PatternsThe elastic waistband on these boys' cotton underwear allow for a comfortable and custom fit.
Breathable Boys' Cotton Brief Underwear, 7-Pack
Boys who enjoy staying active will love this set of boys' cotton underwear. It's made with a moisture-wicking fabric that will keep skin dry, even when sweating while playing sports. The briefs also have a stretchable comfort flex waistband that moves with you.
Moisture-Wicking FabricThis large pack of boys' cotton underwear comes with one pair of underwear for each day of the week.
Fruit Of The Loom
Machine Washable Boys' Cotton Underwear, 5-Pack
Parents can purchase this set of boys' cotton underwear in packs of five, seven and 10. They come in both plain and patterns, as well as a combination of the two. The underwear have a relaxed fit, which is great for boys who don't like the form-fitting briefs.
Relaxed FitIf you're looking for boys' cotton underwear in a relaxed fit, this set is your best bet.
What to Look For
- Always read the boys’ cotton underwear product label before you wash them for the first time. Typically, you’ll find most are machine washable using the cold-water setting. You’ll need to wash them with like colors and only use non-chlorine bleach (if you use it at all). When you switch the underwear to the dryer, select the tumble dry on low setting. Of course, you can always hang the underwear up to dry, which is often recommended, as it keeps the underwear looking like new longer.
- If boys’ underwear arrived with a slight odor, that can quickly remedied by washing the underwear using OxiClean. Other options including giving the underwear time to air dry or placing some baking soda in with the wash.
- Never iron your boys’ cotton underwear.
- Not all brands follow the same sizes, so it’s always best to consult the brand’s size chart. That way you can look up the best size for your child’s weight and waist measurement.
- Since boys’ cotton underwear are sold in packs of different quantities, you must first figure out how much you’re paying per pair of underwear before you can compare prices. To do this, simply divide the total cost of the package by the number of underwear it contains. You’ll find the Hanes Boys’ Comfort Flex Fit Cotton Boxer Briefs is the most affordable. You’ll pay a moderate price for the Fruit Of The Loom Boys’ Cotton Underwear Boxer Shorts.
Boys' Cotton Underwear Rankings
More to Explore
One way to protect the environment is to find new ways to use old items. Underwear is no different. When your son grows out of a set of underwear, consider repurposing them. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use the old underwear as cleaning rags.
- Remove the elastic waistband and cut the underwear up into tiny pieces. You can then use these tiny pieces to add fluff to a pillow or stuffed animal.
- Cut the underwear into long strips and use them as garden ties. This will help certain plants continue to grow upright.
- If the underwear is made from 100% cotton, you can remove the waistband, cut up the underwear and place the pieces in your compost pile.