Fruit Of The Loom Boys’ Cotton Underwear Boxer Shorts
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Boys Cotton Underwear and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Boys Cotton Underwear you should buy.
Parents can purchase this set of boys' cotton underwear in packs of five, seven and 10. They come in both plain and patterns, as well as a combination of the two. The underwear have a relaxed fit, which is great for boys who don't fancy the form-fitting briefs. In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the Fruit Of The Loom Fruit Of The Loom Boys' Cotton Underwear Boxer Shorts placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Boys’ Cotton Underwear for a detailed review of all the top boys cotton underwear.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Fruit of the Loom Boys' Knit Boxers are tag free and designed to reduce bunching for a closer fit to the body. This knit boxer is made with soft jersey fabric for all day comfort and features a plush backed waistband that is comfortable against the skin. Our boxers also wick moisture to keep your boy cool and dry all day long. That combined with our tag free design will keep your boy in his comfort zone all day long.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Boys Cotton Underwear
Little boys are quite active, so the first thing you’ll want to do is make sure they have a quality set of underwear that is not only comfortable, but also moves when they move. Cotton underwear is the ideal choice, as this fabric is natural and non-irritating when rubbed against the skin. As you shop for the perfect set of boys’ cotton underwear, you’ll want to consider the following features.
Determine which style of boys’ cotton underwear your child prefers. Traditional briefs are more form-fitting, and they don’t extend down the legs. They are a great choice for everyday wear. Boxer briefs, on the other hand, do extend down the legs, while still providing a tight fit. These are ideal for sports and other physical activities. If your son prefers a relaxed fit, you’ll want to get a set of boxers. Boxers are nice and loose and have a snug elastic waistband that holds them in place.
Once you know the style, you’ll need to check the sizes offered. If you’re potty training your 2 or 3-year old, a brand that offers extra-small sizes is best. Tweens will need a brand that comes in extra-large. The Trimfit Tagless Boys’ Cotton Underwear Briefs actually comes in six different sizes that include extra-small all the way up to an XX-large, so you’re sure to find the perfect fit.
Review the underwear’s fabric properties next. For example, the Hanes Boys’ Comfort Flex Fit Cotton Boxer Briefs have moisture-wicking capabilities that keep kids cool and dry, while the Fruit Of The Loom Boys’ Cotton Underwear Boxer Shorts are made using a soft touch waistband that won’t pinch. You also want to make sure the underwear is listed as breathable and that it has a pull-on closure.
Consider a set of boy’s cotton underwear that has a little something extra to offer. The Carter’s Boys Cotton Underwear Briefs, 7-Pack are tagless, which means no protruding tags that often itch and irritate the wearer. Other sets of boys’ underwear are designed to be strong and durable, as well as fade and wash resistant. It’s also possible to get a set of boy’s cotton underwear in plain colors, fun patterns or a combination of the two.
DWYM Fun Fact
One way to protect the environment is to find new ways to use old items. Underwear is no different. When your son grows out of a set of underwear, consider repurposing them. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use the old underwear as cleaning rags.
- Remove the elastic waistband and cut the underwear up into tiny pieces. You can then use these tiny pieces to add fluff to a pillow or stuffed animal.
- Cut the underwear into long strips and use them as garden ties. This will help certain plants continue to grow upright.
- If the underwear is made from 100% cotton, you can actually remove the waistband, cut up the underwear and place the pieces in your compost pile.
The Boys Cotton Underwear Buying Guide
- Always read the boys’ cotton underwear product label before you wash them for the first time. Typically, you’ll find most are machine washable using the cold-water setting. You’ll need to wash them with like colors and only use non-chlorine bleach (if you use it at all). When you switch the underwear to the dryer, select the tumble dry on low setting. Of course, you can always hang the underwear up to dry, which is often recommended, as it keeps the underwear looking like new longer.
- Some reviewers reported that the boys’ underwear arrived with a slight odor, but that this was quickly remedied by washing the underwear using OxiClean. Other options including giving the underwear time to air dry or placing some baking soda in with the wash.
- Never iron your boys’ cotton underwear.
- Not all brands follow the same sizes, so it’s always best to consult the brand’s size chart. That way you can look up the best size for your child’s weight and waist measurement.
- Since boys’ cotton underwear are sold in pack of different quantities, you must first figure out how much you’re paying per pair of underwear before you can compare prices. To do this, simply divide the total cost of the package by the number of underwear it contains. You’ll find the Hanes Boys’ Comfort Flex Fit Cotton Boxer Briefs and the Trimfit Tagless Boys’ Cotton Underwear Briefs are the most affordable. You’ll pay a moderate price for the Fruit Of The Loom Boys’ Cotton Underwear Boxer Shorts, while the Carter’s Boys Cotton Underwear Briefs, 7-Pack has the highest price tag.