The Best Girls’ Leggings
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Leggings are a staple in any girls’ wardrobe. They can be dressed up or down and worn in any season. A versatile fashion item, girls’ leggings can go with a number of different styles of tops and dresses.
When looking for the best girls’ leggings, make comfort a top priority. The fabric the leggings are made out of will affect how soft and stretchy they are. Stiff or scratchy leggings will not be fun to wear. Opt for leggings that are made from cotton and have some give in them to provide a bit of stretch.
When it comes to colors and patterns, you can find a range of options available. If you want to have a few basic colors that will work with many different tops, then go with black, gray and navy-blue leggings. For a pop of bold color, you can add red, pink and yellow leggings to the pile. Plus, you don’t need to be limited to solid colors, as girls’ leggings also come in patterns. You can find stripes, dots, florals, animal prints and even cartoon character options available.
Our Picks For The Top Girls' Leggings
- 1. Stelle Stretchy Ultra-Soft Girls’ Leggings
- 2. Levi’s Cotton Adjustable Waist Girls’ Leggings
- 3. Spotted Zebra Cotton Girls’ Leggings, 5-Pack
- 4. French Toast Ankle-Length Girls’ Solid Legging
- 5. MISS POPULAR Cotton Machine Washable Girls’ Leggings, 5-Pack
- 6. Hanes Zipper Closure Girls’ Leggings, 3-Pack
- 7. Amazon Essentials Elastic Waistband Girls’ Leggings, 3-Pack
- 8. OshKosh B’Gosh Mix & Match Girls’ Full Length Leggings
- 9. Simple Joys By Carter’s Baby & Toddler Girls’ Leggings, 3-Pack
- 10. The Children’s Place Girls’ Basic Leggings, 2-Pack
- 11. LUOUSE Breathable Fun Girls’ Leggings, 3-Pack
Stretchy Ultra-Soft Girls’ Leggings
Whether your child is dressing for school, dance class or an afternoon around the house, these girls' leggings are the way to go. They're made from a comfortable nylon/polyester blend and have plenty of stretch. Each pair of leggings offers two large side pockets for storing everything from a cell phone to a pair of earbuds.
Lots of Color OptionsYou'll find these girls' leggings are available in seven different colors, including pink, oceanic and starry sky.
Cotton Adjustable Waist Girls’ Leggings
These girls' leggings are made from a thick material that is designed to resemble jeans. They are nice and warm, making them perfect for cooler weather. Color options include white, light blue, dark blue and black.
Great for Fall and WinterThe waist on these girls' leggings is adjustable for a custom fit every time.
Cotton Girls' Leggings, 5-Pack
These everyday-wear girls' leggings come in bold colors and patterns. They have an elastic waistband for a secure fit. They are machine washable and easy to maintain.
Everyday StyleThis set includes girls’ leggings in bold colors for daily wear.
Ankle-Length Girls' Solid Legging
These snug leggings have a skinny fit in the leg. They are easy to pull on and have an elasticized waistband. The leggings are made from a cotton-blend jersey and have a knit weave.
Snug FitThis pair of girls’ leggings fits snugly in the leg.
What to Look For
- Be sure to check the sizing chart before buying girls’ legging to ensure you get the right fit. Leggings are typically worn snug to the body, so you don’t want to get anything that is too big as it will not have the same aesthetic effect. Leggings that are too small will feel uncomfortable to wear.
- Girls’ leggings are available in single pairs or in sets of multiples. Consider whether your child just needs one pair of leggings or if they want to add multiples to their wardrobe. Since they are such a versatile fashion item, it’s likely your child will have many opportunities for wearing them.
- Take care to note the length of the girls’ leggings. While most leggings are full length and come down to the ankle, you can also find three-quarter length leggings that go to the mid-calf area. These are perfect for warm weather or for exercising.
- For the easiest care and maintenance, opt for girls’ leggings that can go into the washing machine and dryer. Kids’ clothes often get dirty, so it’s best to have a convenient way to keep them clean.
Girls' Legging Rankings
More to Explore
It is easy to style girls’ leggings because they can be worn with almost anything. For a casual look for school, girls can pair a neutral-colored legging with a flashy T-shirt or long-sleeved shirt. If they like wearing dresses, then leggings work well in place of tights, especially in cooler fall and winter weather. For girls who like to exercise, they can wear leggings during their workouts with a T-shirt or tank top. Leggings are also great for lounging around at home in an oversized sweatshirt. During the hot summer months, go with three-quarter length leggings and tanks to keep cool and comfortable. You can also pair leggings with hoodies or sweaters when it’s cold out. They can also work in place of long johns as a layer under thicker pants during wintertime.