ZOETOUCH Bluetooth Body Fat Scale
Last updated date: December 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Body Fat Monitors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Body Fat Monitor you should buy.
In our analysis of 57 expert reviews, the 1 BY ONE ZOETOUCH Bluetooth Body Fat Scale placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Body Fat Monitor for a detailed review of all the top body fat monitors.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
bluetooth-scale 2 Main Features of 1byone Health App Auto connect Unlimited users Track 8 metrics Share progress with workout buddies Feed data to Apple Health, Google Fit, or Fitbit App! 3 family 5 8 Essential Measurements 1byone Smart Fitness Scale utilizes BIA technology to calculate 8 body heath indicators: Body Weight, Body Fat, Water, Muscle Mass, BMI, BMR, Bone Mass and Visceral Fat. Find and focus on the health factors that matter most to you. Monitor Your Whole Family’s Health with One Scale Use our '1byone Health' app to seamlessly track the health of each member of your family for healthy living under the same roof. The App also supports data syncing with Apple Health, Google Fit and Fitbit. Tracking Data Over Time More efficiently target your health goals and understand your progress over time by viewing easy-to-read trend lines of each measurement using the accompanying App. 6 Compatibility Only Supports IOS 8.0 / Android 4.3 or higher version. 1byone Health app sync data with Apple Health, Fitbit and Google Fit. Specification: Platform: 6mm Impact-Resistant Tempered Glass Dimensions: 280 x 280 x 24 mm/11 x 11 x 0.95 inches Weight: 1200g/2.65lb Capacity: 180kg / 396lb Division: 0.2lb(0.1kg) Unit: kg / lb / st:lb Power: 3 x AAA batteries(included)
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Body Fat Monitors
Whether you’re interested in losing weight or you simply want to strive for optimal health, a body fat monitor is an excellent tool, as it provides a wealth of information. You can share the measurements with your family doctor and create a plan to improve your overall numbers. The readings also provide accountability and encouragement, which will motivate you to keep up the good work.
As you browse the available body fat monitors on the market, you’ll want to carefully examine the features to ensure the scale has exactly what you need. Checking the weight capacity should be the first thing you do, as some models only go up to 300 pounds, while others are capable of measuring as high as 400 pounds.
Next, review the health apps you have on your phone. Check these against the body monitor’s product packaging to ensure they are compatible. Most monitors can be synced with certain health apps. For example, the REDOVER Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale works with Fitbit, Google Fit and Apple Health.
Talk with the members of your family to determine how many of them are interested in using the body fat monitor. Some models allow for just one profile, models that offer between four and eight profiles and models that have no limit on the number of profiles you can create. There are even monitors that permit users to share data with family and friends who don’t live in the home.
Consider the number of measurements the baby fat monitor can assess. Some units only provide seven measurements, but others, like the RENPHO Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale, have a total of 13. Body fat, visceral fat, weight, BMI, skeletal muscle, resting metabolism and body age are just a few of the measurements most monitors are equipped to report.
Determine how the body fat monitor works. Some simply require you to stand on a scale. The Omron Body Composition Monitor with Scale is a bit different. With this model, users must hold a bar that is attached to the scale while an electrical current passes from their hands to their feet.
Look for any extras that the body fat monitor may have to offer. The Withings Smart Body Composition Wi-Fi Digital Scale has a host of extras, such as a pregnancy tracker, a baby mode for measuring younger children, a nutrition tracker and a weather forecast.
DWYM Fun Fact
Traditional bathroom scales are limited to only revealing a person’s weight, but to get a good look at the overall health of the human body, many other measurements must be considered. That’s where body fat monitors come in. They take a track many different measurements over the course of a period of time, such as 90 days. Here are the most common measurements body fat monitors are equipped to report on:
- BMI: BMI is short for body mass index and it takes into consideration your height as well as your weight.
- Resting metabolic rate: This measurement reveals how much energy your body uses when resting, like when you’re sitting or lying down.
- Body fat percentage: When a person’s body fat percentage is higher than the set limit for their gender, risks for things like cardiovascular disease are increased.
- Muscle mass: Since muscles burn energy and fat, it’s helpful to review this measurement. A higher muscle mass means your body is able to burn those calories at a much faster rate.
- Body age: A person’s body age can give them a quick snapshot as to their overall health. It takes into consideration your physical condition as well as your lifestyle (how active you are). A body age that is younger than your birth age is ideal.
The Body Fat Monitor Buying Guide
- Body fat monitors are never meant to replace physicals and health assessments with your family physician. You can share the information you glean from the monitor with your doctor, but your doctor will know you and your body best, so always follow his or her advice.
- Setting up more than one profile with certain body fat monitors may be confusing for some. Expect a slight learning curve as you set up and begin using the monitor and its many features.
- Some reviewers report a slight fluctuation in weight readings, so you may want to get on the scale a few times to make sure it is accurate.
- Batteries may not be included with the purchase. Additionally, some monitors have a short battery life, so it might be best to stock up on extra batteries.
- Bring your cell phone close to the body fat monitor when you’re ready to transfer information from your apps.
- Not all fitness apps are compatible with all body fat monitors. Make sure you check the monitor’s product label to determine whether your fitness app is supported or not.
- For accuracy, the baby monitor must be placed on a flat surface.
- Readings are best taken first thing in the morning before eating breakfast or taking a shower. If you need to get a reading during the day, wait at least two hours after eating to get on the monitor.
- Individuals who have a pacemaker implanted medical device or who are pregnant should not use body fat monitors that have an electrical current.
- Before purchasing a body fat monitor, check the company’s customer service rating. You want to be able to call for help if the product’s instruction manual is difficult to understand.
- The cost of body fat monitors varies based on the type of features it offers. The RENPHO Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale and the REDOVER Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale are on the lower end of the price scale, as they have the basic features you’ll find in most models. The Omron Body Composition Monitor with Scale and the Withings Smart Body Composition Wi-Fi Digital Scale are a little pricier. This is because the Omron uses a unique bioelectrical impedance method to get accurate readings and the Withings includes a pregnancy tracker and a baby mode for monitoring small children.