YIEASDA Green Jade Ball, 2-Pack
Last updated date: May 15, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Zen Balls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Zen Ball you should buy.
These Chinese xiuyan jade zen balls are manually carved and have a smooth, polished finish that makes them soothing to the touch. It's made from natural stone, so you may see slight color variations. It arrives in a wooden box with a silk insert for storing the balls between uses. In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the YIEASDA YIEASDA Green Jade Ball, 2-Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 15, 2020:
Checkout The Best Zen Ball for a detailed review of all the top zen balls.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Exquisite packaging : Choose exquisite silk and Wooden box to store these treasures in Storage, very elegant and beautiful.2.High-quality : The baoding balls are Chinese xiuyan jade, nature jade, great feeling, manually carved and polished with outstanding finishing from Natural Jade Egg.3.Efficacy of using: The movement of the fingers can increase intelligence, improve momory, reduce fatigue. It's a treasure for exercise.4.Convenience: This can be done when doing something else, like watching TV. It's also a decoration, looks beautiful. Please allow for slight color variations as this is a natural stone.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Zen Balls
Whether you call them health balls, zen balls or Baoding balls, the stress-relieving power of small metal balls makes them popular with consumers across the globe. There are various uses for Baoding balls, each related to the way you move them in circular motions around your hand. In doing so, you massage your palm and strengthen your fingers, boosting hand wellness.
But in addition to the physical benefits you get from zen balls, you also may see a boost to your mental health. Some say the rhythmic motion eases stress, making them a great item to have nearby at work. But ancient Baoding ball enthusiasts believed their use brought even more benefits. Chinese emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty said Baoding balls were responsible for his longer life after they were prescribed by his doctor.
One challenge that can help improve the benefits of using these balls is to maneuver them in one hand without allowing them to touch each other. This takes time and practice but, in the process, you strengthen your hand and finger muscles. Baoding balls can sometimes be used as an accompaniment to meditation, helping with focus and concentration due to the repetitive nature of the exercises you do while using them.
For the deeper benefits of zen balls, you have to look into the pressure points in the hand. Some enthusiasts believe, for instance, that using them can help with fatigue, boosting your energy flow. With some Baoding balls, you’ll find the surface has slight bumps in them to improve blood circulation as they rub against the surface of your skin. Some even believe you get enhanced memory and intelligence through using them.
To use Baoding balls, start with two and practice rolling them around on your palm. Over time, you may even be able to work a third or fourth zen ball into the practice. But at first, you may choose to start with smaller ones, especially if you don’t have large hands.
DWYM Fun Fact
You may have noticed pressing certain points on your hand can have a relaxing effect. That’s because the hand is full of pressure points, and some believe that simply by pressing on these areas, you can affect various parts of the body. One popular holistic treatment focuses on the inner gate point, which is approximately three centimeters from the center of your wrist in the crease point. By pressing on this, reflexologists believe that you can relieve nausea and stomach pain. A spot in the wrist crease parallel to your pinkie is believed to help increase happiness when you press on it. If you’re interested in reflexology, you can look up the various pressure points and test to see if pressing on them helps.
The Zen Ball Buying Guide
- Zen balls can make popular gifts. Look for one with vivid colors and ornate packaging. They’re especially handy if you’re trying to find that perfect gift for a boss or coworker.
- If your zen balls come in a box, keep in mind that many are built more to look good on arrival than to last. You may be better off investing in a small bag to store them in, especially if you’re tossing them in a purse or laptop bag to take with you.
- The size of each ball is essential. Typically, the smallest Baoding balls you’ll find are about 1 inch in diameter, but 1.5 to 1.8 inches is still considered small. For a medium-sized option, look for those that are around 2 inches. If you have large hands, you may prefer to look for those that are bigger than 2 inches in diameter.
- Sound is an important part of the Baoding ball experience. You’ll typically find these balls make a subtle chiming noise as you move them around on your hand. You may prefer silence, but the sound is meant to help you achieve internal balance. One ball will have a higher tone, representing Yang, while the other tone is lower, representing Yin.
- When it comes to appearance, there’s no limit to the variety you’ll find. You may prefer a simple pair with a stainless-steel design, but there are plenty of bright colors available if that’s your preference. Some even feature designs on them, with symbols like dragons.
- It’s also important to consider weight. You’ll find many of the larger balls can exceed one pound, but you might need a pair that’s lighter in weight if you’re starting out.
- Durability is also a consideration. Stainless steel will be the best at resisting rust and corrosion, so in this arena, simpler may be better.