Yeaplike Glitter Alligator Clips Girls’ Hair Bows, 6-Piece
Last updated: July 19, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Girls' Hair Bows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Girls' Hair Bow you should buy.
In our analysis, the Yeaplike Glitter Alligator Clips Girls' Hair Bows, 6-Piece placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Material: This glitter ribbon with the best fabrics, Hair bows were attached alligator hair clips by hot glued steady,all clips will be not fell off whatever your hair is thick or thin. Color: Unique and exquisite multi colors as shown in the pics. Different color daily and you never have a problem having a bow to match every outfits. Size: 5”width hair bows, were attached with 2.3”metal silver clips. High quality boutique bows hair clips hair accessories for hair decoration.
Girls' Hair Bow Rankings
If you have a young daughter, you might find yourself looking around at other little girls for style inspiration. From a young age, some parents are decking their children out in hair accessories that add an extra level of adorableness to any outfit.
But finding the right hair accessories can be tricky. Hair bows are especially attractive, but tying something into your little one’s hair isn’t the best idea. Chances are, it won’t stay where you put it, and it might take a few hairs out with it if it falls out.
Good haircare habits are key to a life of healthy hair. In fact, the damage done to a child’s hair can have a long-lasting impact. That’s why it’s important to choose hair accessories without teeth that grip the hair. You should use only covered elastic bands and alligator clips designed specifically for young hair. These clips grip without using teeth, ensuring your bows stay in place without pulling on the hair if the child decides to slide them out.
Beyond hair health, though, there are also concerns about durability. Hair bows in particular are made from delicate material that can become dirty or come apart over time. It’s important to ensure the bow is made from high-quality material, preferably with the edges protected to prevent fraying. This will give you a bow that will stand the test of time.
There’s also the issue of how the bow is attached to the clip. Most manufacturers glue them on, but the quality of the glue will make a difference in how long it stays intact. It might be worth spending a little more to ensure you don’t end up with just an alligator clip with a bow you can’t attach after a few weeks of wear.
That said, often bows come in sets, so you’ll always have a spare if one comes apart. You might be fine with a large set of bows in a variety of colors, but this may also mean that the colors your child wears most often come up missing or wear out long before the colors you reach for less often.
- Hair bows come in a variety of sizes. Smaller bows can work better for toddlers or to wear in pairs, while larger bows are best worn solo, especially if paired with a ponytail.
- Some hair bow sets come in color varieties, with two of each color. This allows you to pair them up for wearing, one on each side, either alone or as an accent for pigtails.
- Hair bows can easily get dirty, and lighter colors can show that dirt all too well. Wash them by hand using a mild detergent and let them air dry. Before you clean them, though, look for cleaning instructions for the specific type of material. Silk, for instance, will need special care.
- Pay close attention to both the width of the bow and the clip the bow is attached to. Bows can look deceptively larger online, but it’s also important to make sure the clip won’t be too large for your little one’s head.
- Before buying hair bows, take a look at your child’s closet. Make sure you choose colors that will match the clothing she wears most often. It’s always helpful to have neutral colors like white and black, but your child might have more pink or red or blue clothes.
- If you’re buying a few bows to wear for special occasions, you might not need a large set of 20 or 40. But those who plan to have their daughters wear bows every day will probably want a larger collection, if only to always have extras on hand when one is lost.