Weston Stainless Steel Blades French Fry Cutter & Veggie Dicer
Last updated date: January 30, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top French Fry Cutters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best French Fry Cutter you should buy.
Update as March 23, 2023:
Checkout The Best French Fry Cutter for a detailed review of all the top french fry cutters.
In our analysis, the Weston Weston Stainless Steel Blades French Fry Cutter & Veggie Dicer placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
RESTAURANT-QUALITY FRIES: The Weston French Fry Cutter makes perfectly uniform fries in second. Just place the potato in the Weston French fry cutter and push the handle down. Great for sweet potato fries too — just soften sweet potatoes before cutting. EASILY CUT & DICE VEGETABLES & FRUITS: Easily and quickly dice onions, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, and other vegetables as well as fruits like pineapples and mangos. Great for meal prep or cutting fruits and vegetables for appetizers and snacks. INCLUDES 2 BLADES & FOOD PUSHERS: Easily swap out the ultra-sharp, stainless steel blades and food pushers to change the size of your fries and diced pieces. The 3/8″ cutting blades is great for French fries, or choose 1/2″ when you want bigger dices. EASY TO USE: Unlike cutters that require strong pressure to cut hard vegetables like carrots, our unique ratcheting design makes it easy. Simply push the ratchet handle down to push food through the blades at 3/8″ or 1/2″ intervals. REMOVABLE KNIFE GUIDE FOR PERFECT DICING: The knife guide on the potato French fry cutter easily snaps into place in seconds. It’s great for times when you want more control and need perfectly even and consistent cuts and dicing.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On French Fry Cutters
French fries make a great side or a snack — and cooking your own at home is a convenient, less expensive alternative to ordering them a restaurant. While you can always use a regular knife to cut potatoes into slices, a French fry cutter makes creating homemade fries much faster and easier. This kitchen tool can even add versatility by allowing you to cut different types of fries or other vegetables.
French fry cutters come in different styles, but the most common ones are simple and don’t require any electricity. You simply prepare the potato and then place it against the tool’s blade or cutting grid. Use a handle or press down on a cover; this forces the potato through the blade so that it comes out in slices. Depending on the model you choose, there may be a compartment that catches the fries.
Some French fry cutters allow for customization or are designed to create specific types of fries. For example, you might have different settings that you can use to cut fries of different thicknesses or shapes. Some feature a twisting mechanism that creates curly fries.
You’ll want to find the right French fry cutter that is easy and safe to use. Some models require more physical strength than others, so keep that in mind. Make sure the cutter has a sharp stainless steel blade to cut potatoes without too much force. Consider a model that helps protects your fingers.
Also, choose a model that offers enough durability for your frequency of use. Many at-home models are made to be taken out occasionally; these may contain plastic materials and aren’t necessarily going to hold up under daily use. If you love your French fries and plan to make them often, a commercial model for restaurants and chefs might last a bit longer.
The French Fry Cutter Buying Guide
- If you plan to make fries from sweet potatoes, keep in mind that some cutters may not have blades that can handle the extra thickness of these tubers. Check the product description and reviews for instructions and warnings.
- Before you first use the cutter and after every time you use it, you should thoroughly wash it. To make this task easier, look for models that are safe for the dishwasher; otherwise, use water and soap with an appropriate brush. During the cleaning process, be very careful when you’re around the blades to avoid injuring your fingers.
- Make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions for properly assembling your French fry cutter. Avoid use if the parts don’t seem to fit together or you suspect a safety issue.
- Many basic French fry cutters only have one blade, and this limits the types of fries you can make. If you want more flexibility, seek versions with multiple blade options.
- Since your French fry cutter’s blade wears down over time, check before purchasing whether the blade is replaceable. Basic home models are less likely to have replaceable blades than mid-range or professional options. If you can change the blade, make sure you get one that matches the specific model and carefully follow instructions.
- Place your French fry cutter on a hard, sturdy surface before you begin working. Many models have rubber feet or suction cups that will keep them from moving around.
- You may need to first slice the potato in half or use smaller ones with a particular cutter for best results.
- Because of the sharp blade, it’s best to keep the French fry cutter stored away from children. Don’t let them use it without supervision.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide