Utopia Care Non-Slip Handles Hairdressers’ Scissors
Last updated date: February 2, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hair Dressers' Scissors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hair Dresser Scissors you should buy.
Update as February 2, 2023:
Checkout The Best Hair Dressers’ Scissors for a detailed review of all the top hair dressers' scissors.
Available in lengths from 4.5 to 7.5 inches, these shears offer variety to fit your comfort and styling needs. They are sharp, thanks to handcrafted blades, and easy to grip. They have non-slip handles with removable rubber hands for extra accuracy.
In our analysis, the Utopia Care Utopia Care Non-Slip Handles Hairdressers' Scissors placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PREMIUM QUALITY HAIR SCISSORS: 100% Stainless steel for high durability and premium quality which has hand crafted blades to provide optimum control and balance on dry and wet hair. CONVENIENT DESIGN: The super sharp blades can easily trim hair and achieve desired results with ease. The ideal weight of scissors allows perfect balance and stability. Its smooth stainless steel texture and sharp blades don’t let hair get caught. VERSATILE: It is perfect tool to be used in Salon by barbers & hairdressers and for personal work as it is made for multipurpose use. The ideal length of 6.5 Inches is safe to be used on children, men & women along with the elderly as its razor edged blades can trim and cut all types of hair (Thin, Thick, Curly, Coily, Fizzy). ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Ergonomically designed finger rest and Non-slip handles with removable rubber band are kept for superior grip and accuracy. DURABILITY: Our premium scissors is packed with care and has ability to remain functional for long time and its hand crafted blades are long lasting which can be used personally and professionally.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hair Dressers' Scissors
If you want to cut your hair or someone else’s, it’s worth getting a good pair of hairdressers’ scissors rather than using all-purpose scissors you already have at home. These specialized scissors are sharp enough to cut your hair without splitting your ends or leaving uneven edges. They’re more ergonomic so that you can cut hair more comfortably, and they come in various types to suit your needs.
You’ll encounter a selection of traditional cutting shears, texturizing shears and thinning shears. The traditional scissors are what you’re most familiar with and have two regular blades that work well for cutting and layering hair strands. On the other hand, thinning and texturizing shears have a straight blade along with one that features teeth. These teeth help to soften edges and blend between sections while retaining the shape of your cut.
Any pair of hairdressers’ scissors should be durable and sharp. Stainless steel scissors are popular since they are durable and lasting. When it comes to sharpness, you’ll want a pair of scissors with blades that can precisely cut various hair textures and allow for sharpening to extend the lifetime of the tool. You should also make sure the scissors are well-constructed; the last thing you want is to have the scissors getting stuck partway through a cut.
Comfort is another important consideration for hairdressers’ scissors. The pair should have an adjustable screw so you can change the tension to fit your preferences, and they should also not be too heavy to handle. The finger and thumb rings should be sized to comfortably fit whether you’re left- or right-handed. You may also wish get a pair of scissors with comfort grips in the finger rings since these add some cushioning and make it easier to handle the shears.
The Hair Dresser Scissors Buying Guide
- Haircutting scissors come in different lengths, generally from about 4.5-8 inches. Six-inch scissors are considered the most generally comfortable. To find the most appropriate length, simply measure your hand from the bottom of the palm to the top of your middle finger.
- You might want shorter or longer scissors depending on your comfort level and the types of haircutting techniques you’ll use. For example, longer sizes work better for long hair and for scissor-over-comb work. Shorter ones can create more precise shapes, but will take longer to complete the job.
- The quality of the hairdressers’ scissors will affect how long they last. Your budget matters since premium shears cost more but can last for many years compared to cheaper scissors, which might need to be replaced after a year or two. You’ll also want to consider how often you’ll use the scissors, since even an economical pair can last a long time if used just a few times a year.
- Make sure that you and others only use the hairdressers’ scissors for hair. Otherwise, the blades can get worn or damaged. Putting the scissors away in a protective case can prevent mistakes.
- To keep your hairdressers’ scissors in good shape, clean them every time you use them. In addition, use clipper or scissor oil on them occasionally. Try to avoid letting the scissors stay wet for too long since this can cause rust.
- Consider buying a haircutting kit; it will include scissors along with accessories you want, and may save you money compared to buying these items on their own. Such kits often include both regular and thinning or texturizing shears, a carrying case and possibly a hair razor and comb.
- You can use your hairdressers’ scissors on both wet and dry hair. Cutting wet hair can make it easier to create straight lines, but it also increases the risk that you’ll cut too much, since hair will shrink once it dries. It can be trickier to cut dry hair unless you have experience, but it allows you to see how the hair will look right away. Dry cutting is especially beneficial for those with curls.
- Since hairdressers’ scissors are very sharp, watch out for your fingers to avoid injuring yourself.
- Whether you’re new or experienced with cutting hair, it’s safest to start with small cuts to avoid going shorter than you planned. You can always go back and cut more hair; but if you’ve cut off too much, you’re stuck waiting until it grows out.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide