UtechSmart Triple Display USB C Hub Docking Station
Last updated date: June 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Docking Stations and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Docking Station you should buy.
Update as June 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Docking Station for a detailed review of all the top docking stations.
If you want options, this is the docking station for you. The station comes with three modes (extend, video wall and mirror mode), so you can get the most out of your monitors. The unit is also discreet and lightweight, which means you can use it just about anywhere. Unlike other docking stations, this one is powerful enough to be used to improve your gaming experience.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the UtechSmart Triple Display USB C Hub Docking Station placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Compact powerful Smart workstation 2x USB 3 0 ports and 2x USB 2 0 ports 2x HDMI multimedia ports 1x VGA Port 1x (PD 3 0) USB-C charging port SD card reader TF card reader and 1x Ethernet port for Internet connectivity all-in-one hub three display mode options boost your productivity by connecting 2x HDMI ports with 1x VGA Port Supports triple display mirror mode extended mode & video wall mode Supports a single display (stand alone) and dual HDMI displays up to 3840*2160@30Hz each or triple displays up to 1920x1080@60Hz industry leading Pioneer this is the first triple display USB-C hub in the industry and the first to market Compared to the existing heavy docking stations and other USB-C hubs our rolled aluminum USB-C hub is more advanced lightweight sleeker and more durable This is an ideal accessory for anyone who uses multiple devices and is constantly running out of ports Our UtechSmart triple display 11-in-1 USB-C hub was designed to satisfy the most demanding power user Compatible devices (not A full list) Apple MacBook/ Pro (2016/ 2017/ 2018) Apple iMac/ iMac Pro (21 5 inch 27 inch) Google Chromebook Pixel (2016/ 2017) Microsoft lumen 950/950XL Dell XPS12/Dell XPS13/Dell XPS 15 Huawei Mate Book/ HP Incompatible devices iPad Pro 2018 Nintendo Switch Apple USB SuperDrive HP Elite Book 840 G3 HP Pro Book 450 G1 Asus ROG Stix scar Edition GL703 Lenovo C Series and yoga Series (data transfer works but it can't pass power to these devices The Lenovo hub applies to this situation） note 1 The USB-C PD charging port of this product does not support data transfer 2 Power is shared between all dock-connected USB-C devices 3 All resolutions of HDMI become 1080P@60Hz once you utilize the VGA port regardless you connect 1x HDMI or 2x HDMI displays 4 When connecting an external hard drive or multiple devices to this hub we recommend you to connect your laptop's power adapter to the USB-C Power Delivery port
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Docking Stations
Plugging and unplugging devices from your laptop or home computer on a daily basis is not only frustrating and time-consuming, but it can also lead to port damage over time. A docking station is an excellent solution to this problem, as it allows you to permanently plug all of your devices in one place. There are a host of different docking stations on the market, so you’ll want to explore this guide before you shop to ensure you find the best one to meet your specific needs.
The first type of docking station is made for one purpose. It’s designed to charge multiple devices at once. The Poweroni USB Docking Station And Device Organizer is one such model. It has six charging ports, each of which comes with an LED indicator light that lets you know the device is fully charged. It’s also a great tool to keep your favorite electronics organized when not in use.
When opting for a docking station that is meant for simply charging your devices, you need to review the types of ports the station accepts and which devices it’s designed to charge. Some models only add power to smaller devices, like cell phones, smartwatches, cameras, handheld gaming devices and tablets.
Some of the charging docking stations come with extra perks, like a built-in alarm clock, a speaker and a radio. Others are equipped with an integrated lock slot that works with industry-standard security locks. You’ll need to purchase the lock separately, but this is a great way to safeguard your equipment.
Not all docking stations are designed to provide a charge. Instead, they offer the ability to connect multiple devices to just one device. For example, you may opt for a docking station that has ports for your laptop, printer and a set of speakers. That way you can print documents from your laptop or use the speakers to listen to music more loudly. The docking station may even be designed to hold your laptop or tablet. Models that offer this sometimes even keep the device nice and cool while you use them.
The Sabrent Laptop Docking Station With Stand is one model that comes with a stand to hold your smartphone or tablet. It features two USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, two high-speed ports for charging your phone and tablet, an HDMI port, a DVI port and a VGA adapter. There’s also a microphone jack, a port for your speaker and a port for an Ethernet cable.
Increasing work productivity is a cinch with a docking station like the Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station. Having a model that can expand your workstation is key to getting more tasks completed in a shorter amount of time. The biggest draw to this particular docking station is the ability to use dual monitors. The station itself is slim and vertical, which means you can slide it in between your monitors without it taking up much space. It’s got a high-resolution display and has an astounding 11 ports of connectivity.
If you’re looking for a docking station to enhancing your gaming experience, go with the UtechSmart Triple Display USB C Hub Docking Station. It’s made from a durable rolled aluminum that’s lightweight. It has three display modes for flexibility and a super-fast 1000M Ethernet port. Latency is significantly reduced with this docking station, which means you’ll enjoy uninterrupted gameplay.
The Docking Station Buying Guide
- Check to see whether the docking station comes with a power adapter. You may need to purchase one separately.
- Not all docking stations are equipped with a surge protector. It’s a good idea to invest in a surge protector on your own and then plug your docking station into it.
- The drivers will not update automatically. While the docking station should come with instructions on how to do this, some users have reported that the instructions were a bit difficult to understand. To update the drivers yourself, you’ll need to open Windows Explorer and right-click on “my computer.” From there you need to right-click on “properties” and then click “manage devices.” Next, right-click “pluggable device” and select “update drivers.” After that, you simply need to follow the prompts and you’re all set to begin using your new docking station.
- When installing the software that comes with your docking station, you’ll need to first close out all of the programs you’re currently working on. Attach the power adapter to the nearest outlet first and then plug the adapter into the docking station. You can now plug the USB port from your laptop or computer into the docking station and follow the software prompts until you get the message that the software has been successfully installed. In some cases, you may be instructed to restart your computer before connecting the rest of your devices to the docking station.
- To prevent dust from interfering with the performance of your docking station, take the time to regularly wipe it down with a dust cloth. Make sure the unit is powered off before you clean it.
- While docking stations that allow for multiple displays are typically capable of connecting to monitors with touchscreens, it is important to note that not all touch drivers will recognize more than the primary monitor. That means you wouldn’t be able to use the touchscreen feature on a secondary or third monitor. You’ll want to contact the manufacturer of the touchscreen monitors to ask if their touch drivers are multi-monitor savvy.
- If you experience any trouble with one or two of your screens not communicating with the docking station, you simply need to go into your computer’s display settings and locate the multiple displays section. From there you can see which monitors are turned on and which ones aren’t. Turn on all of the screens you’d like to use and you’re back in business.
- How much you pay for a docking station depends upon its purpose and the number of devices it is able to service. The Poweroni USB Docking Station And Device Organzier is one of the cheaper docking stations, as it simply charges your devices and keeps them organized. The Sabrent Laptop Docking Station With Stand and the UtechSmart Triple Display USB C Hub Docking Station do quite a bit more, so they are moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station, which supports simultaneous HDMI, DVI and VGA displays.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide