Uncle Jeff’s BBQ Pit Heavy Duty Grilling Set
Last updated date: October 22, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Barbecue Tool Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Barbecue Tool Set you should buy.
Update as September 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Barbecue Tool Set for a detailed review of all the top barbecue tool sets.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Uncle Jeff's BBQ Pit Heavy Duty Grilling Set placed 6th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Have you used barbecue tools that were too small, too weak and just plain too wimpy? We have, that’s why Uncle Jeff’s BBQ Pit has created the Professional Grade Heavy Duty BBQ Tool Kit. This tool set was true tested in “The Pit” and is ready for action. Whether you are a professional or a backyard grill master, you will look like a pro to your friends and family with our Professional Grade BBQ Tool Kit. Solid stainless steel, 18″ long, built in serrated cutting blade, bottle opener, locking tongs, sharp tines fork, contoured rubber handles are just some of the features this set has to offer 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. We stand behind our products. Uncle Jeff’s BBQ Pit offers a lifetime guarantee on our products. If you are not satisfied for any reason with your BBQ tool kit contact our customer service department and we will make things right!!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Barbecue Tool Sets
Once the weather begins to warm up, grill enthusiasts start planning summer get-togethers with family and friends. Gas or charcoal is purchased for the grill and meats are marinated. Before the feast can be prepared, the grill master needs a quality set of barbecue tools. Since there is a lot of variety when it comes to these sets, it may be helpful to review this guide before making a purchase.
Grill sets are generally made out of either wood or stainless steel, although it is possible to get a set constructed of bamboo. Stainless steel is typically ideal, as it doesn’t rust and is known for being durable. The Anpro Stainless Steel Barbecue Tool Set, 21-Piece actually uses a thick stainless steel for a longer life. Wood sets usually don’t last as long, as they are susceptible to cracking.
Examine the tool handles, and make sure they are comfortable. Some models feature non-slip handles for a firm grip even if the heat from the grill makes you sweat.
Take a look at the number of pieces in the set. Occasional grillers may only be interested in a set with the basics, such as a spatula, set of tongs and a fork, but grill masters would be better suited to a set with plenty of extras, like a basting brush, corn holders and a cleaning brush. Some sets come with a choice of 10 to 36 pieces.
Think about where you plan on using the barbecue tool set. If you do a lot of camping or beachside cooking, look for a set that is compact and portable. Other models, like the Cuisinart Deluxe Grill Set, even come with their own carrying case to make transport a breeze.
Check to see if the barbecue tool set you’re considering offers any extras that may be appealing to you. Some models have built-in bottle openers at the end of their spatulas, while others feature hanging hoops so you can store them on hooks in your kitchen. There are even models that come with forks with digital temperature displays that let you know when the food is cooked to a safe temperature.
The Barbecue Tool Set Buying Guide
- Before you clean your barbecue tool set, check to see if it is marked as dishwasher safe. If not, you can clean the tools using warm water and dish soap. Stuck-on foods can be tackled by making a baking soda paste out of baking soda and dish soap. Rub this non-abrasive paste over the hard-to-clean areas. It is important that you only use a soft-bristle brush when needed on stainless steel and not steel wool, which can leave scratches in your tools.
- In the event that your barbecue grill tool set doesn’t come with a storage case, you can install a set of hooks along the base of your grill stand to hang the tools. Other storage options include using a tool caddy, a barbecue apron with pockets or a barbecue tool holster.
- Another essential item that some barbecue tool sets lack is a set of grilling gloves. For safety, you’ll need to wear these gloves while using the tools on the grill. Don’t forget to roll up your sleeves, as loose clothing can catch on fire if it gets too close to the flames.
- While grilling, keep children and pets out of the area. It only takes one second for a tragic accident to happen. It’s also a good idea to have a fire extinguisher nearby. If you don’t remember how to use the fire extinguisher, re-read the instructions before you start grilling. Trying to learn how to use it when you’re in a panic is going to be tough.
- When comparing prices, it is important to consider how many tools come in the set and whether there are any extras. For example, the Anpro Stainless Steel Barbecue Tool Set, 21-Piece is an excellent buy when you divide the total cost by the number of tools in the set. You’ll pay a little more for the Overmont Flat Top Barbecue Tool Set, 8-Piece and the Cuisinart Grilling Tool Set With Grill Glove with the Cuisinart Deluxe Grill Set coming in at the highest price point.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide