TUO Carving Knife
Last updated date: November 7, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Carving Knives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Carving Knife you should buy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
TUO CUTLERY- NEVER STOP TUOING TUO CUTLERY Never Stop TUOING! Pronounced in the plosive sound, the meaning of the word “TUO” has direct connotations in Chinese which refer to "Exploring" . So, "TUOING"="EXPLORING". Our Knives are beautifully crafted in every aspect to represent our love of kitchen life and the desire of chasing the ultimate in quality! Since TUO cutlery Founder started 20 years ago, we've lived by our "TUO" spirit! The belief that through constant exploration in production techniques and raw materials we have established standards above and beyond! TUO cutlery has long been more than just a tool but a symbol of elaborate craftsmanship. Utilizing our state of the art modernized factory, superior tools, equipment and most importantly our professional specialists whom average over 10 years' experience in their respective fields of expertise. In addition to this, we never overlook our stringent company ethos to adhere to our more than 100 crucial steps and standards necessary to produce our superior knives. TUO will maintain our commitment in pursuing the limits of innovation, design and craftsmanship. So you can simply enjoy our knives and an enhanced experience in your kitchen! TUO EXLORATIONS To get every chance as possible to introduce our high quality knives in front of you in person,we are always seeking the high-end exhibition to participate in.Our mechanism allows us to fastly response and always ready to get into any potential market. To ahieve,we participate nearly every of the main exhibitions around the world . We are looking forward to seeing you anually in February:✓Frankfurt "Ambiente Show" ; March:✓Chicago "International Home + Housewares Show"; May:✓ Chicago USA the "NRA Show"; September:✓Milano "HOMI SHOW"; September:✓Moscow "HouseHold EXP": WHY CHOOSE FIERY SERIES SLICING KNIFE *Elegant --Classic and elegant visual appeal. *Comfort -- With octagonal shape offers maximum comfort & control. *German Stainless Steel-- High carbon German stainless steel, high quality steel for making professional kitchen knives. *Non-stick -- There are many pits on the blade, it plays an important role on not sticky. *Stainless -- Excellent corrosion resistance to keep any kitchen sparkling clean. *Sharpness - -Optimal angle designed with 15° cutting angle, for superior performance and easy maintenance. SOMETHING MORE DETAILED TUO CUTLERY Fiery Series knife handles are ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in hand like no other. Each piece is crafted for better slicing, dicing and chopping a variety of ingredients, including fruits, vegetables, small cuts of meat. In other words, Fiery Phoenix Series knives give us a relaxed, comfort experience in the process of cooking. The high density of the beautiful Pakkawood handle inlay is oilproof and anti-corrosion. It ensures you a hygienic kitchen life Fiery Series Kitchen knife blade is made from incredibly razor sharp, premium German High Carbon Stainless steel, DIN:1.4416 (X50CrMoV15) . It has hand polished edge at 12 - 15 degrees per side. Precisely tempered and stain resistant. Hardness reach to HRC56±2 with our High Tech Vaccum Heat Treatment. It has high ability of anti-corrosion and anti-rusty. Remember to use our TUO cutlery honing steel after every use of knife. Knife set is available for Fiery Series TUO Cutlery Fiery Series 8 pcs Kitchen Block Knife Set INCLUDES (1) Chopping Knife (6") (1) Cleaver Knife (7") (1) Santoku Knife (7") (1) Utility Knife (5") (1) Paring Knife (4") (1) Firey Series Honing Steel (9") (1) Fiery Series Kitchen Shears (1) Bamboo Wooden Knife Block (1) Exquisite Gift Packaging Innovational Yellow&Black pakkawood handle and solid bamboo wooden knife block make this knife set stand out loudly among all other brands` kitchen knife set. Simply click " Add to Cart" , and from there, YOUR kitchen lives will become much more different and happier.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Carving Knives
If you spend any time at all in the kitchen, you know the value of a good carving knife. A good blade means every cut will be precise and effective. A bad blade forces you to saw your way through the items you’re preparing, which can be both time-consuming and dangerous. Although you can sharpen a dull blade, some blades sharpen more easily than others, and some simply don’t need to be sharpened quite as often.
What is the difference between a carver and a slicer? According to our expert Julie Chernoff, the dining editor of Better, a lifestyle website and print magazine, the not-so-simple answer is that the terms are virtually interchangeable in the industry. “They both have long, thin, narrow blades with pointy tips. Unlike the thicker chef’s knife blade, the thin knife has less resistance when cutting back and forth through the meat,” Chernoff says. “That’s important for a carving — or slicing, depending on the manufacturer — knife, because you want the consistency of even, thin slices of meat.”
There are quite a few things to consider when you’re in the market for a new carving knife. One is the material used to make the blade. You’ll find many top blades feature stainless-steel construction, which tends to hold its sharpness longer than other types of blades. However, stainless steel is tougher to sharpen when you do get to the point where you have to give it a refresh. Another type of blade is made from high carbon, which is easier to sharpen. The tradeoff on that, though, is that it needs sharpening more often.
When your knife isn’t in use, you’ll need to be able to safely store it. Some knives come with sheath guards, which are available in a variety of builds. But even if your chosen knife doesn’t come with one, you can buy it separately. Make sure the knife you select has a cover available unless you have other plans to store it.
Ergonomics are also important when you’re choosing a knife. It can be easy to spend most of your time researching the blade itself, but the handle is important, as well. Look for a knife with a handle that you can grip comfortably for the time it will typically take to prepare food. If it has an anti-slip grip, it’s especially valuable. A well-designed knife handle not only makes the process more enjoyable for you, but it also helps keep you safe.
DWYM Fun Fact
You may go for a sharp knife for the convenience of it, but there are many other benefits to a blade that easily slices through your food. Dull knives can damage the food you’re cutting, getting in the way of the taste and texture of the final product. You’ll also find that cutting onions is even less pleasant with a dull knife. With the right set of sharpening equipment, you can keep your blades at peak performance, but it will also help you customize your blade to the exact angle that works best for you as a chef. Over time, you’ll learn more about the blade design that you prefer, and you’ll build a sharpening routine that ensures you have it.
The Carving Knife Buying Guide
- The build of your carving knife will determine how it performs. Stainless steel knives like the MAIRICO Stainless Steel Carving Knife, Mercer Culinary Granton Edge Slicer and Jerky.com Meat Cutting Knife resist rust even when you don’t allow them to fully dry before putting them away.
- The DALSTRONG Slicing & Carving Knife is made from Japanese high-carbon steel to keep stains at bay and hold up through years of use.
- The DALSTRONG Slicing & Carving Knife is cooled using precise cryogenic tempering with liquid nitrogen to strengthen it.
- Hopefully your knife will last for many years, giving you no reason to look for a warranty. It can help to have one in place, though, in case you someday need it. With the DALSTRONG Slicing & Carving Knife, you’ll get a lifetime warranty against defects. The Mercer Culinary Granton Edge Slicer comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Blade sharpness factors heavily into how well your knife performs. The ultra-sharp blade on the MAIRICO Stainless Steel Carving Knife allows it to slice right through a wide variety of meats. It’s also a long blade, which is perfect for large cuts of meat like roasts.
- The DALSTRONG Slicing & Carving Knife has a scalpel-like edge to ensure the blade retains its sharpness through many cuts.
- The Mercer Culinary Granton Edge Slicer has a Japanese steel blade designed for making thin cuts of meat. If accuracy is a goal, this is the perfect knife, as its 17-degree bevel promotes thin, straight lines.
- The Jerky.com Meat Cutting Knife is specifically designed for those making homemade beef jerky, which means it comes with a uniquely dimpled blade. Although you can execute other cuts using this knife, if you don’t make homemade beef jerky, this might be one to skip.
- The last thing you need when you’re preparing a meal is a knife with a handle that starts rubbing your hand the wrong way. The ergonomic handle of the MAIRICO Stainless Steel Carving Knife balances your weight as you cut to keep you both safe and comfortable. The DALSTRONG Slicing & Carving Knife also has an ergonomic handle shape, as does the Mercer Culinary Granton Edge Slicer. The Mercer Culinary Granton Edge Slicer also builds in slip resistance and a protective finger guard for an additional layer of safety. Although the Jerky.com Meat Cutting Knife has a short handle, it’s ergonomically designed and includes slip resistance.
- Before you buy, make sure your chosen knife will be able to tackle all the food types you plan to make. The MAIRICO Stainless Steel Carving Knife will probably be the most useful for everyday use. The 11-inch blade can handle turkey and chicken, as well as pork loins, brisket, vegetables and fruits. The DALSTRONG Slicing & Carving Knife is also versatile, handling roasts, barbecue and salmon as well as fruits and vegetables.
- Although it’s generally advised to hand wash your knives, some can be cleaned in the dishwasher. The Jerky.com Meat Cutting Knife can be placed in the dishwasher, but you’ll find the life of the steel itself is shortened by doing so.