Techole Aluminum Bi-Directional 4K HDMI Splitter & Switch
Last updated date: November 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top HDMI Splitters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best HDMI Splitter you should buy.
Update as November 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best HDMI Splitter for a detailed review of all the top hdmi splitters.
This HDMI splitter features a single port on one side and two on another, with the capacity to take input and output through either side. This means you can use it to switch between two input devices or switch between two output devices with ease. With a simple toggle switch control that lights up the number of the active port, this tool requires no outside power source.
In our analysis, the Techole Techole Bi-Directional 4K HDMI Splitter & Switch placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Solid Aluminum Alloy construction, Techole durable HDMI bi-directional splitter help you connect two HDMI sources to one HDMI display, or connect one HDMI source to toggle between two displays: two screens CANNOT display simultaneously. The HDMI Switch provides high bandwidth 10.2Gbps data transmission, Input and output AWG26 HDMI standard cable length could reach up to 5m. No lag, No loss of picture or video quality. Support 3D, 1080P, 4K x 2K@30hz resolution and HD audio, with this HDMI switch you can enjoy the most luxurious video and audio. (Please use a standard HDMI 2.0 cables to connect your Xbox one ). HDMI Splitter Switcher suitable for most devices.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On HDMI Splitters
With the proliferation of media devices and interconnectivity, we all need a way to manage multiple inputs and outputs such as game consoles, TVs and LCD screens, computers, cable and streaming boxes, casting devices and other media devices. However, many modern TVs and LCD monitors come with only one or two HDMI input ports. This is where HDMI splitters and HDMI switches come in.
HDMI splitters and switches are capable of taking multiple inputs and converting them to a single output, or taking a single input and split it into multiple outputs all without losing signal quality or speed. They eliminate the problem of constantly switching cables and simplify the setup and associated cable needs of multiple devices.
The first consideration with an HDMI splitter is how many inputs and outputs you need, and in which direction. Individual households usually need multiple inputs and one output that they can switch between. Venues like conference centers and sports bars often need a way to split a single input, such as a slide deck on a computer or a sports game on cable, across multiple output devices. Some HDMI splitters feature as many as 16 outputs.
Another consideration is whether the HDMI splitter itself needs an external power source. Some models draw their power from the signals they handle, while others require an external power source. Some splitters that don’t require an external power source do need at least two input devices to be on, while splitters that need an external power source add an extra cable to the equation.
The HDMI Splitter Buying Guide
- Check the HDMI version number not just on the HDMI splitter, but also on the input and output devices and even on the cables. Modern HDMI devices and cables can carry 4K, 3D and deep-color video data and HD audio, but if the cables, splitter or input/output devices are older or of the wrong version number, they may not be up to the task.
- HDMI versions are backwards-compatible. While newer version numbers are often required for the crispest quality on newer inputs, older systems should be compatible with new ones with no extra effort.
- While many small and sleek HDMI splitters are attractive for their size and portability, don’t discount the bulkier devices. They are often larger because they provide cooling, allowing them to handle many outputs simultaneously without losing quality or speed.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide