GANA 3 Port 4K HDMI Switch & Splitter
Last updated date: November 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top HDMI Splitters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best HDMI Splitter you should buy.
Update as November 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best HDMI Splitter for a detailed review of all the top hdmi splitters.
Featuring three input ports and an easy-to-operate sequential toggle, this HDMI splitter lets you easily switch between multiple game systems or computers and cable or other video sources. Even at a high-speed, 4K/3D/deep color output, this device requires no external power source.
In our analysis, the GANA GANA 3 Port 4K HDMI Switch & Splitter placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Smart & automatic operation - has the key-press-switching function. 3-Port HDMI switch - 3 HDMI ports in and 1 HDMI out for various HDMI devices, such as Xbox one S, Xbox 360, PS3, beamer, DVB receivers, Blu-ray player, Apple TV, laptop, HDTV/HD monitor. Hdtv 4K (3840x2160p) resolution, 3D display supported. One fixed 1. 8ft HDMI cable (pigtail) provided, Plug and play. Support video formats: full HD-HDTV, 2160p, 1080p, 720p, 720i, 576p, 480p, 576i, 480i. HD audio and HDCP compliant- Audio formats: LPCM, Dolby AC3, DTS7. 1, direct stream digital. No distortion of Audio or video, no delay in signal transference.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On HDMI Splitters
With the proliferation of media devices and interconnectivity, we all need a way to manage multiple inputs and outputs such as game consoles, TVs and LCD screens, computers, cable and streaming boxes, casting devices and other media devices. However, many modern TVs and LCD monitors come with only one or two HDMI input ports. This is where HDMI splitters and HDMI switches come in.
HDMI splitters and switches are capable of taking multiple inputs and converting them to a single output, or taking a single input and split it into multiple outputs all without losing signal quality or speed. They eliminate the problem of constantly switching cables and simplify the setup and associated cable needs of multiple devices.
The first consideration with an HDMI splitter is how many inputs and outputs you need, and in which direction. Individual households usually need multiple inputs and one output that they can switch between. Venues like conference centers and sports bars often need a way to split a single input, such as a slide deck on a computer or a sports game on cable, across multiple output devices. Some HDMI splitters feature as many as 16 outputs.
Another consideration is whether the HDMI splitter itself needs an external power source. Some models draw their power from the signals they handle, while others require an external power source. Some splitters that don’t require an external power source do need at least two input devices to be on, while splitters that need an external power source add an extra cable to the equation.
The HDMI Splitter Buying Guide
- Check the HDMI version number not just on the HDMI splitter, but also on the input and output devices and even on the cables. Modern HDMI devices and cables can carry 4K, 3D and deep-color video data and HD audio, but if the cables, splitter or input/output devices are older or of the wrong version number, they may not be up to the task.
- HDMI versions are backwards-compatible. While newer version numbers are often required for the crispest quality on newer inputs, older systems should be compatible with new ones with no extra effort.
- While many small and sleek HDMI splitters are attractive for their size and portability, don’t discount the bulkier devices. They are often larger because they provide cooling, allowing them to handle many outputs simultaneously without losing quality or speed.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide