TBTEEK Portable Refillable Culinary Torch
Last updated date: December 21, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Culinary Torches and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Culinary Torch you should buy.
Update as December 21, 2021:
Checkout The Best Culinary Torch for a detailed review of all the top culinary torches.
This culinary torch is constructed using a durable aluminum alloy, so you can count on it lasting for many years. It also features an ergonomic design that feels comfortable in your hands. The added safety lock ensures the handy kitchen tool is never accidentally ignited.
In our analysis of 54 expert reviews, the TBTEEK Portable Refillable Culinary Torch placed 2nd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Safe&Durable Creme Brulee Torch: With safety lock prevents accidental ignition. The ergonomic design provides comfort to your hand and keep away from the flame; made of aluminum alloy material makes it more durable and sturdy. Refillable&Portable: This butane torch lighter can be refilled after run out of use, compatible with butane gas with long nozzle only. This mini butane torch is small and lightweight, easy to hold. (Butane gas not included.) VERSATILE: You can easily control the flame temperature according to your needs (Max 1371 °C/2500 °F), such as caramelizing food, soldering DIY jewelry, Cooking, BBQ, Baking, Brulee, Creme, DIY Soldering, bar cocktails, camping, and craft. Continuously Flame Mode: Light Up with Piezo Ignition Technology, Press the button to light fire, clockwise rotation at the same time, then it will keep fire with no need to keep pressing the button. Exceptional Value – Every TBTEEK Butane Torch comes with a 1-year replacement warranty and friendly customer service by TBTEEK.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Culinary Torches
Your favorite treats at high-end restaurants might seem out of reach when you’re cooking at home. But crème brûlée, caramelized meringue and that mouthwatering top layer of French onion soup can turn into weeknight meals with a little tool called a culinary torch.
Culinary torches (sometimes called kitchen torches) are handheld butane torches used to melt, brown, toast and caramelize food. They help you create a perfect finish on your dish without risking overcooking from additional time in the oven or on the stovetop. With a culinary torch, you can achieve a crumbly, crispy coating on your macaroni and cheese casserole (minus burnt cheddar in the middle) and browned au gratin potatoes without rock-hard spuds underneath.
Toasting the top of your meals is just the beginning of your culinary torch journey. You can also roast bell peppers with less mess and greater precision, add an extra sear to your steaks and reheat delicate fish with your kitchen torch. Sprinkling a layer of sugar on your desserts and torching it will add a sweet caramelized crunch (and it will help you create crème brûlée, one of the most delectable dishes on the dessert cart).
Butane kitchen torches are simple to use. First, you’ll want to follow your torch’s instructions on how to fill and refill the fuel chamber. A culinary torch with a see-through fuel gauge will help you keep tabs on your fuel status.
Next, take a look at your torch’s controls. Handheld torches use a trigger or a dial to ignite the flame. They often have a locking switch to keep your hands safe from unintended flames. Once the switch is unlocked, just pull the trigger or turn the dial to get cooking. If you want your flame to be larger or smaller, find your torch’s flame control dial or switch and adjust it as needed.
Some torches also come with different flame modes, like a continuous mode that keeps your flame turned on without pressing down on the ignition trigger. This feature is great for caramelizing large batches of Brussels sprouts or browning a tray of meringue desserts.
Now that you know your culinary torch basics, head over to our Tips & Advice for the nitty-gritty details.
The Culinary Torch Buying Guide
- Safety always comes first when you’re using your culinary torch. Look for a torch made from heat-resistant materials with a wide, sturdy base. Make sure you can comfortably grip the torch’s handle so you’re not fumbling as you flambé. Finger guards will keep your hands safe from the flame. You should always have a multipurpose fire extinguisher nearby when using a culinary torch.
- If you have young children in your home, make sure there are child-safe locks on your culinary torch.
- Take a look at the kind of butane you’ll need to fill up your torch before you buy it. Most torches require fuel cans with long universal filling tips. Some models are compatible with short-tipped cans, but you’ll need a screwdriver to remove any parts that are in the way.
- Always place your food on a metal cooking tray or cast iron tray before torching it. Keep your counter clear of plastics or other flammable materials while you’re using your torch.
- Clean your kitchen torch after every use — its close proximity to your food makes it susceptible to crumbs and debris. Wait for the torch to cool, then wipe it down with a clean rag.
- Store your torch vertically in a cool place and keep it away from sunlight or hot areas.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide