T-fal 12-Inch Ultimate Nonstick Fry Pan
Last updated date: January 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nonstick Pans/Skillets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nonstick Pan/Skillet you should buy.
Update as January 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Nonstick Pan/Skillet for a detailed review of all the top nonstick pans/skillets.
In addition to its nonstick surface, the T-fal 12-Inch Ultimate Nonstick Fry Pan is also corrosion and scratch resistant. There's a handy Thermo Spot indicator to let you know when the pan is pre-heated, as well as a complimentary vented lid. It is important to note, however, that this skillet isn't safe for use on induction cooktops.
In our analysis of 57 expert reviews, the T-fal 12-Inch Ultimate Nonstick Fry Pan placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Weekday dinners, laid back brunch, holiday entertaining—be prepared for life’s culinary adventures with T fal Ultimate Hard Anodized toxin free nonstick cookware. With a rugged hard anodized aluminum construction, this pan also features T fal’s Heat Mastery System, a three ingredient recipe for perfectly delicious cooking results every time…superior and longer lasting non stick coating, an anti warping, even heat base and patented Thermo Spot technology. Retains perfect heat and offers supreme resistance to corrosion, scratching, and other damage for go to reliability every day of the week. Even more, T fal makes the important step of preheating practically foolproof. The Thermo Spot heat indicator features a ring around the center that turns solid red to indicate when pans are properly preheated, which promotes evenly cooked food and helps seal in the natural juices and flavor of meat, poultry, fish and other favorites. For easier cooking, the cookware’s titanium reinforced nonstick interior helps prevent frustrating, wasteful, stuck to the bottom scenarios. Oven safe and dishwasher safe, T fal Ultimate Hard Anodized nonstick cookware offers multi purpose versatility with its wide range of pots and pans—fry, brown, sauté, steam, slow cook and more.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nonstick Pans/Skillets
Whether you’re looking to fry a piece of chicken, broil a fish fillet or saute a side of vegetables, a nonstick skillet is the way to go. This handy device is an essential tool for every home chef to have on hand in their kitchen. As you shop for the best nonstick pan on the market, keep the following features in mind.
Review the material used to create the nonstick coating. You want to find a model that is listed as being PFOA, lead and cadmium-free. In addition to the traditional nonstick skillets, you can go with a model like the Ozeri 12-Inch Stone Earth Frying Pan. This pan is environmentally-friendly and made using a German stone-derived coating that is free from any harsh chemicals.
Examine the durability of the skillet itself. The Tramontina 10-Inch Pro Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan is constructed of an NSF-Certified commercial-grade 3004 heavy-gauge aluminum. Models made of a hard-anodized aluminum are not only designed to last but are also scratch-resistant and corrosion-free.
Look at how the pan conducts heat. A stainless steel base provides even cooking, while a magnetized base assists with rapid heat transfer. Don’t forget to check the maximum recommended temperature of the pan, so you know whether it will meet your needs. Pans range from accommodating temperatures up to 350 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. If you’d like to know when your pan is fully preheated, go with the T-fal 12-Inch Ultimate Nonstick Fry Pan, which has a handy Thermo Spot indicator that lights up when your pan is ready for use.
Check the nonstick skillet’s handle next. You want it to be comfortable to hold for when you need to transfer it from the stove to your kitchen counter. The Cuisinart 12-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Skillet has a solid stainless steel riveted handle that stays cool to the touch. Some models even come with silicone ergonomic grips that are removable and easy to clean.
Consider any extras when trying to decide between two different models. For example, some nonstick skillets come with a glass lid so you can monitor the dish while it cooks. A few of those lids are even vented.
The Nonstick Pan/Skillet Buying Guide
- Review any included warranties. Even though companies may offer a lifetime warranty with their nonstick skillets, this warranty may be limited to certain defects and repairs.
- Look for any certifications or acknowledgments that let you know the skillet is top-quality. One common certification you may come across is the NSF-certification. This label reveals that the product has undergone strict testing and has been found to meet all of the requirements needed to protect the health of the public.
- Check to see whether the nonstick skillet can be used on an induction cooktop, as many pans are listed as not safe for use with this type of heating surface.
- Keep in mind that the lighter the nonstick pan, the faster it will heat up. It’s often best to go with a heaver skillet.
- Some nonstick skillets require conditioning and special care to keep their interior coating intact. Always read the product care label thoroughly before use.
- Never use a steel wool pad on a nonstick skillet. This will damage the nonstick coating, making it possible for foods to stick to the surface.
- Avoid using metal utensils in the pan. Instead, stir ingredients with a wooden or silicone spatula or spoon. This is another way to protect the nonstick coating from scratches.
- It’s good practice to ventilate your kitchen while cooking with a nonstick pan. You can open a window or use your stove’s exhaust fan.
- While many of the nonstick pans are dishwasher safe, some are not. Thanks to the nonstick surface, however, a non-abrasive sponge, warm water and a little dish soap is all you need to get the skillet clean. You can dry the pan with a lint-free towel or set it aside to air dry.
- Once your skillet has outlived its usefulness, consider repurposing it. You can use the pan to create a bird feeder, a chalkboard, a crab creature for your garden or a painted indoor or outdoor sign.
- As you browse the prices for nonstick skillets, you’ll find that most of them run around the same price. Size and extra features can drive the cost up slightly. For example, the T-fal 12-Inch Ultimate Nonstick Fry Pan is slightly higher in price then the Cuisinart 12-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Skillet, the Ozeri 12-Inch Stone Earth Frying Pan and the Tramontina 10-Inch Pro Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan, because it comes with a vented lid and a Thermo Spot indicator.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide