Solo Stove Angled Safe Fire Pit Tongs & Poker, 36.5-Inch
Last updated date: December 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fire Pit Tongs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fire Pit Tong you should buy.
Update as December 12, 2022:
Checkout The Best Fire Pit Tongs for a detailed review of all the top fire pit tongs.
Adjust your firewood with the stainless-steel poker iron, which is equipped with a 165-degree bend to enhance your reach, and the log grabber, which has a 172-degree directional bend at the hinge to make wood-grabbing easier.
In our analysis, the Solo Stove Solo Stove Angled Safe Fire Pit Tongs & Poker, 36.5-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
2 PIECE SET- Solo Stove Fire Pit Tools include an angled Stainless Steel Fire Poker & Stainless Steel Firewood Tongs. Adjust your Firewood with the Heavy Duty Fire Pit Poker Tool featuring a Claw like Grabber at the end of the Stick. Use the Fireplace Log Tongs Tool to move Wood by Grabbing the Burning Logs. ANGLED LOG POKER- The Stainless Steel Log Poker Iron is 36.5 inches long has a 165° bend to safely reach any Fire Pit Wood while keeping you safe. Designed for use with your Solo Stove Fire Pit also works with any firepit fireplace camp fire or bonfire. ANGLED LOG GRABBER- The log grabber has a 172° directional bend at the hinge. This lessens the resistance working against you making it easier to gently add wood while maintaining a safe distance from the fire. DURABLE & STURDY- Made from 304 Stainless Steel, the Fire Pit tools are the perfect addition to your backyard, patio, porch or any outdoor area where you do entertaining. AWARD WINNING- Solo Stove is a multi-award winning company for innovation in design within the outdoor market. We pride ourselves in offering durable quality products that are easy to use and help people reconnect to what matters most.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fire Pit Tongs
A pair of log tongs, tweezers or grabbers is a necessity for any indoor fireplace, fire pit, wood stove or smoker — anywhere you need to pick up and maneuver burning wooden logs or coals safely. These accessories, which can be 26- to 42-inches long, must be made with a heavy-duty heat-proof material such as carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron or wrought iron.
Fireplace tongs can feature a scissors- or pincer-style design; the former means the tongs bend inward to dig into logs to provide a secure hold on the wood, while the latter has a simpler design with fewer hinges and a thicker build. Both are equally effective, but the pincer variety often requires less maintenance.
Since you want to ensure you can get a secure grip on the tongs, be sure to check the product’s weight before purchasing. They can weigh 1 to 6 pounds, so consider purchasing a lighter one if you don’t think you’ll be able to lift the combined load of the tongs, in addition to a log, using both hands.
The Fire Pit Tong Buying Guide
- The longer your tongs are, the farther away you can hold burning logs. But if they’re too long, you may have trouble grabbing and moving logs. If you’re on the shorter side height-wise, consider purchasing a smaller set of tongs for better control.
- Accessories to consider purchasing with your fireplace tongs include a fire poker, which helps shift logs and coals into a desired position, and a pair of heat-proof gloves, which provide excellent protection from sparks. There are affordable sets available that include all three.
- Look for tongs that fold into a smaller size, making them easier to store and transport.
- Only place your hot fireplace tongs on a heat-safe surface, like brick or gravel; do not set them down on just any floor.
- Fireplace tongs require two hands for safe maneuvering.
- To clean your fireplace tools, remove the soot and grime with a dry cloth or brush (wear gloves so you don’t stain your hands). Then, rub them gently with fine-grade steel wool dipped in vegetable oil. You can also apply a polish to shine them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide