Skylight Frame WiFi Digital Picture Frame
Last updated date: December 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Digital Photo Frames and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Digital Photo Frame you should buy.
Editor's Note November 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Digital Photo Frame for a detailed review of all the top digital photo frames.
The Skylight 10-inch digital picture frame is the perfect way to display all of your family’s precious memories. This digital photo frame is easy to set up and even easier to use. You’ll be displaying all your favorite photos in no time.
To start, simply plug your new Skylight digital photo frame into a wall outlet. Use the touch screen to connect to your wireless network. Set up your unique Skylight email address, then email photos to your new digital photo frame’s email address — your photos will appear on the screen instantly. The Skylight digital frame takes less than 60 seconds to set up from start to finish.
This photo frame is perfect for displaying on a fireplace mantel, a coffee table or an end table in your living room. Whether you want to reminisce about your favorite vacation memories from earlier in the year or show off the grandkids to guests, this Skylight digital frame makes it easy.
You’ll get a visual notification when new photos have arrived. Plus, you can tap the “heart” button to note which photos you love the most. You can even view the photos without a WiFi connection, which makes this digital photo frame perfect for families to take on the go.
The Skylight digital frame has a beautiful 10-inch color touch-screen display that offers crystal clear viewing of your favorite photos. It’s thin and lightweight, which makes it easy to move around the room as needed.You'll get a crisp, clear display with this photo frame, which has a beautiful color touch-screen. It's compatible with your WiFi network, which makes adding photos a breeze. This frame takes just one minute to set up and start using. The Skylight 10-inch digital picture frame is the perfect way to display all of your family’s precious memories. This digital photo frame is easy to set up and even easier to use. You’ll be displaying all your favorite photos in no time.
- 10.7 inches wide by 7.4 inches tall by 0.9 inches thick
- Color touchscreen display
- Email photos to frame capability
- 60 second setup time
- Plugs into wall outlet
- Connects to WiFi network
- Visual notification when new photos arrive
- Heart button function to show which photos you love
In our analysis of 74 expert reviews, the Skylight Frame Skylight Frame WiFi Digital Picture Frame placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Join tens of thousands of families who use Skylight Frame to be closer with their loved ones! It's been called "genius" and a "perfect gift" by outlets like The Today Show, Wired, Glamour, and more. Skylight Frame is a beautiful, touch-screen Wi-Fi connected photo frame you can update by email from anywhere. Each Skylight Frame gets its own email address, and you and your loved ones can send photos directly to your Skylight Frame from anywhere in the world -- and they appear in seconds! Skylight Frame has a gorgeous, 10'' color touch screen that displays your photos with extraordinary clarity, color, and brilliance. The 10 inch Skylight Frame is the perfect size for a medium or large room, such as a bedroom or living room. It is a striking gift that will make an impression the moment your loved one turns it on! Skylight Frame is effortless to use. It sets up in under a minute, and from there all you have to do is sit back and wait for photos to arrive. You can use the touch screen to swipe through photos, delete photos, pause on a favorite photo, or even say "Thank You" to the person who sent a photo you loved. Storage capacity: 8,000+ photos Warranty: 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed -- or your money back.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Digital Photo Frames
Digital photo frames are nothing new. In fact, they’ve been around since the 1990s. But if you haven’t shopped for one of these innovations for a while, you may not realize just how far they’ve come. Today’s digital photo frames are built for the way consumers store their photos, often relying heavily on Wi-Fi connectivity and online photo importing.
The first feature to note when buying a photo frame is resolution. When you’re pulling photos in from various sources, you probably won’t always have them in the highest resolution available. Some frames will also automatically orient your photos, avoiding that annoying issue of photos displaying sideways.
Getting photos onto the frame is the biggest challenge. Most frames connect to Wi-Fi, but you can often save significant money by opting for a version that relies solely on USB devices for photo importing. If you choose Wi-Fi, make sure you also have a USB option if that’s important to you. You should also research whether a frame will pull photos from your social media feeds, as well as whether you can email photos directly to your frame.
No matter which model you choose, storage space is an important factor. Some frames let you use cloud storage, but with many, you’ll be limited on the number of photos you can store on the actual frame. Some frames come with an online photo management tool that lets you store all your photos in the cloud, eliminating the need to rely on onboard storage.
Once you’ve nailed down the features, your choice may boil down to how the frame actually looks. Many of today’s frames have sleek, classy designs that look more like a small computer monitor than a traditional photo frame. Some come in multiple color options, as well, making it easier to find one that matches your own home or office décor.
The Digital Photo Frame Buying Guide
- Whether it’s photos of your last vacation or your child’s soccer game, you want your images to display as vividly as possible. This comes down primarily to resolution. You can find frames with resolutions as high as 1024 x 768, which will offer vivid colors and contrast. Older frames offered only 800 x 600 resolution, and you’ll definitely notice a difference.
- Since many of today’s photos are taken using a smartphone camera, look for a frame that offers a 4:3 aspect ratio that matches the aspect ratio on a smartphone.
- Frame size is also a factor. You can find frames ranging in size from 8 inches to 15 inches. Although bigger isn’t necessarily better, you may find your photos are much more visible with a larger frame. Still, before you buy, consider the space where you’ll be displaying the frame and make sure you choose a frame that fits with your decor. You can also find widescreen frames, which may fit better with your landscape-oriented photos.
- The stand is an important feature. Some frames have a power cord that doubles as a stand, which eliminates the need to figure out where to put the cord so that it’s out of the way.
- Whether you choose portrait or landscape mode for your frame, you won’t want to have to waste time manually rotating all your photos so that they face the right direction. Look for a frame that automatically flips your photo orientation to what it needs to be based on how you’ve set up your frame.
- At one time, a new digital photo frame required a setup process. Today’s frames make it much easier to get up and running. Some of the most popular frames can pull photos from your social media, email and cloud accounts, which comes in handy. Some can even access photos from up to 20 online providers, including Facebook. You’ll find bare-bones frames still require you to upload photos using a memory card or USB flash drive. If you’re taking photos using your smartphone, or having family members share them with you, this could become inconvenient.
- Another feature found in many modern digital frames is the ability to email a photo directly to your frame. If this is a priority for you, look for a frame that lets you share photos through either email or a smartphone. If you capture a photo on your phone, you’ll be able to set some frames up to immediately import it.
- With frames that require you to use either an SD card or USB port, you won’t have access to cloud-based storage. Keep this in mind while you’re shopping.
- If you plan to store photos directly on the frame, you’ll need to find one with plenty of built-in space. Some frames build in 8GB of internal memory for storage, which can handle quite a few photos. Some frames provide only 4GB, but you can also add to that storage by hooking up a USB device or memory card. Consider that a frame that connects to your Wi-Fi won’t require you to store photos on the frame itself since the photos will be stored securely online.
- Although price varies among different makes and models of digital photo frames, you’re sure to find one that fits within your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide