Sharpie 27145 Easy-Glide Highlighters High School Homeschool Supplies
Last updated date: September 15, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top High School Homeschool Supplies and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best High School Homeschool Supply you should buy.
Update as September 15, 2022:
Checkout The Best High School Homeschool Supplies for a detailed review of all the top high school homeschool supplies.
With these high school homeschool supplies, you'll be able to highlight and underline important information in your notes. The highlights are equipped with Smear Guard, which keeps ink and lead from smearing when you run the marker over them. Each of the highlighters also has a slim shape for easier handling and better control.
In our analysis, the Sharpie Sharpie Easy-Glide Highlighters High School Homeschool Supplies placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Draw attention to important information in notes, text and documents with Sharpie Accent Highlighters. The 6 bright fluorescent colors make it easy to read highlighted text and emphasize important passages. These Sharpie highlighters use odorless, Smear Guard ink that dries quickly to help prevent smudging when highlighting over pen and marker inks (let ink dry before highlighting).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On High School Homeschool Supplies
When opting to homeschool your high schooler, you want to make sure you have all the supplies he or she will need to thrive. Since many of these items go on sale right before school starts, you may want to stock up.
Start your shopping list with essential supplies first, such as writing utensils. Some students may prefer to take notes using a pen, so it’s a good idea to have a pack on hand; however, you’ll still need a set of pencils for standardized tests, including SATs and CAT tests. Keep in mind that if you go with the traditional no. 2 pencils, you’ll need to also purchase a pencil sharpener. Mechanical pencils eliminate the need for a sharper. They also provides sharp precise lines that are smooth and easy to read.
A quality set of highlighters is next, as your student will want to illuminate important points within the text he or she is reading. Highlighters are also excellent tools when studying one’s notes before an exam. Look for a set that has a thin build that is easy to hold and control, so students can alternate between underlining and highlighting text. One that is equipped with Smear Guard to prevent ink from smearing and becoming illegible is also a plus.
Purchase at least one notebook to go with each of your high schooler’s subjects. The Oxford TOPS College Rule 1-Subject Notebooks comes with six colored notebooks, which means students will be able to assign a color with each subject. So, the red notebook can be used for English, while the green notebook is strictly for math problems. When selecting a notebook, look for one with micro-perforated sheets, so you can tear and remove pages as needed.
Consider organization when shopping for high school homeschool supplies. The more organized the school space, the better the student will be able to concentrate. If desk space is an issue, go with a cascading wall organizer that hangs vertically and contains six pockets for storing tests and homework assignments, as well as a clear bottom pocket for your monthly school schedule.
The High School Homeschool Supply Buying Guide
- Although your homeschool student won’t need a lunch box, a bookbag is still a good buy. There may be days your high schooler wants to do some research at the library. He or she may also wish to meet up with another homeschooler to work on a few assignments.
- Whiteboards aren’t a must when it comes to high school homeschool supplies; however, they have multiple uses that make them worth a look. Parents can list their high schooler’s assignments for the day on the whiteboard, as well as any extra-curricular activities. Students can use the whiteboard to work out math problems or to give a presentation when working on public speaking.
- Determine whether the electives your teen is taking require any special supplies. You may need a specific type of camera for a photography elective or a pair of binoculars for a conservation/nature studies elective.
- When homeschooling high school students, it’s a good idea to research the teen’s preferred colleges and ensure that he or she is taking the required classes to gain entrance into those colleges. For example, your state may only require one year of a foreign language to graduate high school, however, the college of choice may require two.
- Parents need to purchase a few high school homeschool supplies as well. A curriculum planner is a must, as it allows you to break down each subject into daily assignments. A set of red pens is also ideal for grading assignments and research papers.
- The cost of high school homeschool supplies varies by item and the number of pieces in each set. Generally, you’ll pay less for pens, pencils, highlighters and traditional notebooks and more for organizers, planners and backpacks.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide