Ryka Women’s Devotion Plus 2 Walking Shoe
Last updated date: October 1, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Women's Walking Shoes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Women's Walking Shoe you should buy.
The cushioned collar and tongue on the Ryka Women's Devotion Plus 2 Walking Shoe will prevent the shoelaces from digging into the top of your foot, keeping you comfortable throughout the day. What really sets this shoe apart, though, is its weight. At only 8.3 ounces, these shoes are among the most lightweight sneakers you'll find. We could really tell how lightweight they were once we put them on, too. In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Ryka Ryka Women's Walking Shoe placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 1, 2019:
Checkout The Best Women’s Walking Shoe for a detailed review of all the top women's walking shoes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
With flowing and feminine seamless overlays, the devotion plus 2 is a fresh update to the award winning heritage devotion line. Four way gradient print on the breathable mesh creates beautiful visual interest. Combined with a modular network of proprietary re-zorb® active foam and a lyrca lined tongue and comfort collar with built in cushion, the devotion plus 2 delivers supreme comfort and support with every step.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Women's Walking Shoes
There’s plenty of shopping help out there for those who run and jog, but not as much for those who are into walking. The biggest difference between walking shoes and running shoes is flexibility. A running shoe needs to easily bend in the arch area, while walking shoes need strong support for the arch. If you spend a great deal of time on your feet, you’ll also need a shoe built to support your knees and hips.
Beyond support, though, the comfort of the shoe itself is important. This starts with the upper part of the shoe, which some prefer to have a softer, more flexible feel. Others like the soft leather build that both holds the foot in place and moves as you move. If you’ve ever suffered shoelaces digging into the top of your foot, you know how valuable a padded tongue is, so the most comfortable shoes build this in.
“Look for walking shoes that feel light,” Stephanie Mansour, a certified personal trainer and the founder of fitness brand Step It Up Steph, advises. “You don’t want a bulky walking shoe because that’s more weight you need to lift up and forward upon every step.”
Some people prefer to do away with shoelaces altogether. Slip-on shoes make it easy to put your shoes on and take them off, and they’re especially appealing if you’re often in a hurry while you’re getting ready. Those who have trouble tying shoes due to arthritis or other conditions also prefer lace-free walking shoes.
Walking shoes have evolved over the years so that you’re no longer required to have the traditional “sneakers” look for arch support and hours of comfort. There are slip-on shoes that provide the same inner and outer soles that you’d get with lace-up tennis shoes. You can even find comfortable walking shoes that emulate the look of dress flats.
“Purchase this product or try on this product at the end of the day when your feet are a little bit swollen and may be a bit bigger,” Mansour says. “You want to make sure you do not get a shoe that is too tight.”
Mansour says you should feel ease and comfort while you’re walking around in your new shoes.
“If you try on a shoe and it feels uncomfortable or too tight, do not count on a break-in period,” she says. “If the back of the shoe hits your heel wrong or your toes feel cramped or like they’re swimming in the front of the shoe, move on to the next shoe.”
Cleanup is also important in a walking shoe. Most walking shoes can be washed in the washing machine, but you’ll need to put them in a mesh bag to protect them. It’s especially easy with high-efficiency washers that don’t toss items around as much. With standard top-load machines, you may need to wash your shoes with towels to balance out the load. Set your shoes out to dry once they’re finished washing.
DWYM Fun Fact
It may be hard to believe now, but when the first pair of rubber-soled shoes launched in 1917, the concept was brand new. Produced by the United States Rubber Company, the Keds brand featured rubber soles and uppers made from a “specially-woven fine grade of canvas.” All this, plus the shoes were affordable and available for men, women and children. The rubber company later sold the brand to Stride Rite Corporation, which still sells Keds on its website today. Interestingly, Keds were almost called something else. The rubber company wanted to call the shoes “Peds,” which is the Latin root word for foot, but the trademark was already taken. Keds won out over the other option, Veds, due to the fact that the word “Keds” had a punchier sound.
The Women's Walking Shoe Buying Guide
- Comfort is the most important factor in a walking shoe, and a variety of features combine to make that happen. TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes have an upper made from knit mesh, giving it a sock-like flexibility. The Ryka Women’s Walking Shoe has a cushioned collar and tongue to help prevent unpleasant rubbing while you’re walking around.
- Skechers has become known its special types of shoes that help put a little spring in your step. The Skechers Performance Women’s Walking Shoe has a Goga Max high rebound footbed to give you an energy boost while you walk.
- Weight also factors in when it comes to shoe comfort. Ryka Women’s Walking Shoe is the lightest, at 8.3 ounces, while the New Balance Women’s WW411v2 Walking Shoe and Skechers Performance Women’s Walking Shoe weigh 12 ounces each. TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes weigh 1.2 pounds.
- Arch support is also important in a shoe. The Ryka Women’s Walking Shoe is perfect for joint and foot health. Its high arch is great for preventing foot issues, and both the toe and footbed are designed to help support your hips and knees.
- If you have arthritis or just enjoy the convenience of slip-on shoes, you’ll prefer the TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes or Skechers Performance Women’s Walking Shoe. The Ryka Women’s Walking Shoe and New Balance Women’s WW411v2 Walking Shoe both feature the lace-up shoestring design.
- Although design preferences vary from one to another, the TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes do have a more neutral look that will blend with a wide range of clothing styles. You’ll also get far more color choices. If you prefer the shoelace style, the marble print on the Ryka Women’s Walking Shoe gives it a more upscale look.
- Breathability is important in any shoe, especially if your feet sweat while wearing it. The flyknit design of TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes ensures air keeps circulating around your foot while you’re wearing them. However, this can also be a problem during those winter months when you don’t want cool air getting in. You may find the fabric of the Skechers Performance Women’s Walking Shoe is better if you live in a colder climate.
- For safety, you’ll need a pair of walking shoes that help you maintain traction, even on slippery surfaces. TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes and the New Balance Women’s WW411v2 Walking Shoe will both help keep you upright.
- If you’re looking for a pair of shoes that is easy to clean, TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes and the Skechers Performance Women’s Walking Shoe dry quickly after you wash them.
- You’ll probably also want a pair of shoes that will stick around a while. The outsole on the TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes is built to last, as is the New Balance Women’s WW411v2 Walking Shoe.
- You can’t beat the bargain you get with TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes, making them ideal for having around on those days when you’re lounging around the house or working in the yard.