Rubbermaid Lockable Storage Cabinet
Last updated date: August 30, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Storage Cabinets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Storage Cabinet you should buy.
Update as April 20, 2022:
Check out The Best Storage Cabinets for a detailed review of all the top storage cabinets.
Whether you're looking to store pool equipment or outdoor odds and ends, this cabinet can handle the load. The plastic won't rust and can stand up to plenty of rainy nights. You can even put a lock on the doors for extra security.
In our analysis, the Rubbermaid Rubbermaid Lockable Storage Cabinet placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Resin construction is durable and tough and virtually maintenance-free. Unlike wooden or metal, it will not rot, rust, dent, or peel. Lockable doors keep valuables out of sight and hazardous chemicals safely away from children. (Lock not included). It has one ventilated shelf and one solid shelf. Shelving cannot be adjusted or removed. 13.5 cubic feet of storage space. Holds up to 336 pounds. Made in the usa.
Storage Cabinet Rankings
Storage Cabinet Overview
No matter the size of your home, there never seems to be enough storage. From the kitchen to the bedroom to the front hallway, there are always things that need to be stored away. Adding storage cabinets to your space is a great way to add shelving while keeping the clutter behind closed doors.
There are many different types of storage cabinets available, so consider the main purpose of yours before you begin looking for one. While many storage cabinets become a catch-all for all kinds of things, it can be helpful to dedicate each one to a certain kind of item. For example, kitchen storage cabinets work great in the kitchen itself and they can also be kept in the pantry. Usually made from wood, they typically have two or four doors as well as several adjustable shelves. These cabinets are perfect for storing dry goods, dishes, cookbooks, small appliances and other kitchen-related items. Many kitchen storage cabinets are available in multiple finishes so you can find one that matches the rest of your kitchen decor.
Another popular type of storage cabinet is a garage storage cabinet. As the name suggests, it is often kept in the garage, but is also good for sheds and basements. This type of storage cabinet is typically made from heavy-duty rust-proof materials such as steel or resin. They have double doors, which are often lockable, as well as adjustable shelves. These cabinets are ideal for storing items such as tools, toolboxes, paint cans and more.
- A key feature you want to look for in any kind of storage cabinet is adjustable shelving. This way, you can position the shelves at different heights according to the items you want to store. This feature provides a lot of flexibility with the size of items you can place in the cabinet and allows you to use your space wisely.
- For many people, having the ability to lock the storage cabinet is important. This is especially vital if you plan on keeping valuable items inside or items that may injure small children or pets if they were to access them. Some storage cabinets have a central locking mechanism where the entire cabinet can be locked, while others can lock certain drawers or doors.
- If you plan on storing items such as small appliances or tool boxes, you may want to look for extra-deep storage cabinets. They typically measure deeper than 18 inches so you have plenty of shelf space for your items.
- Adjustable floor levelers are a good feature to look for if you plan on placing the storage cabinet on an uneven surface, such as in a shed or garage. These can typically be screwed and unscrewed so you can ensure the cabinet is level, keeping everything inside properly stored.
- Look for an anti-tip device, which ensures a tall cabinet doesn’t accidentally fall over. This is especially important if you have young children who may try to climb up the cabinet. Typically, the anti-tip device includes a strap that can be used to secure the cabinet to the wall behind it.