PlushDeluxe Waterproof & Hypoallergenic Crib Mattress Cover
Last updated date: March 25, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Crib Mattress Covers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Crib Mattress Cover you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Crib Mattress Cover for a detailed review of all the top crib mattress covers.
This mattress pad features a durable terrycloth-like fabric that is comfortable against your baby's skin. It not only offers full coverage, but it's also free of vinyl, BPA, phthalate, latex, lead, flame retardants and other chemicals that could irritate sensitive skin. The 9-inch deep skirt will cover even thicker crib mattresses.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the PlushDeluxe Waterproof & Hypoallergenic Crib Mattress Cover placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Bamboo Polyester. ULTRA-SOFT BAMBOO QUILTED SURFACE: The quilted terry cloth top is so soft and luxurious it is almost a shame to cover it with a sheet and it feels like your baby could almost sleep directly on it! Bamboo Quilted is the ideal solution for keeping your mattress clean and fresh. Your baby will love this Crib Mattress Cover. 100% WATERPROOF& BREATHABLE: Our advanced breathable membrane is completely waterproof and breathable allowing for air circulation while repelling obnoxious leaks and spills from everyday liquids keeping your infant dry. Our mattress protector was engineered to endure the endless rigor of multiple spills, soils, and washes. HYPOALLERGENIC: So that you can rest assured that your infant is sleeping on something safe, we use only materials that are free from Vinyl, BPA, phthalate, latex, lead, flame retardants, and other harmful chemicals. Ideal for babies and young children who are more sensitive or may have. THE NOISELESS ONE: You know that the rustle of a newborn can make it hard to sleep soundly if you’re one of the many moms that sleep with your baby in the room. Our fabric is guaranteed soft and noiseless to help keep your little one still so you can sleep on like a baby! FITTED SHEET STYLE: Deep skirt, up to 9”, guaranteed to fit all 28”x52″ crib and toddler mattresses. Tight and snug, without the struggle to get it back on after you wash it. Keep your crib mattress clean and protected while giving your baby a cozy and restful night’s sleep.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Crib Mattress Covers
As you’re setting up your baby’s nursery, one of the biggest purchases you’ll make is a crib. From birth to at least the first year of your child’s life, hours will be spent on that mattress, so you’ll want it to be as safe and comfortable as possible.
One issue most parents will face with crib mattresses is moisture. Moisture can come from a variety of sources, including diaper leaks, saliva, sweat and tears. You’ll want to not only keep your baby dry throughout the night but also prevent the bacteria that can build up over time with excessive moisture.
A good mattress cover will collect that moisture while also providing a protective layer that keeps the baby above it dry. But mattress covers also help keep irritants like dust mites tucked safely inside. Over time, mattresses collect dead skin and hair, even when a baby is resting atop one, and the dust mites that result can serve as allergens to babies that are sensitive.
When looking for a crib mattress, though, safety and waterproofing aren’t the only factors to consider. You can still get those features without sacrificing comfort. Many feature quilted tops that provide an extra layer of cushioning between the baby and the mattress. This will combine comfort and safety to give both baby and parents a better night’s sleep.
The Crib Mattress Cover Buying Guide
- Pay close attention to the size of your crib mattress. Standard size is 28” x 52” but depth also matters. Many mattress covers are built to fit over a mattress that’s 6 inches thick, but you can find some with deeper pockets that can handle a mattress of up to 9 inches in height.
- As with your other bedding, you’ll need to regularly wash your mattress pad. Look for one that’s machine washable and can also be tumble dried.
- A tight mattress pad will resist moving around as your baby moves, but some can be tough to remove and put on. Look for one that has at least a little wiggle room so that you don’t have a struggle making the bed.
- Some mattress covers have a zipper that ensures every inch of the mattress is fully covered. This also makes it easier to get on and off.
- The waterproofing feature inside some mattress covers can cause it to rustle as the baby moves. That rustling can wake infants up as they sleep. Many mattress pads are labeled as “quiet” for that reason.
- You may want to keep an extra set of sheets, along with a spare mattress cover, in case your baby has an accident during the night and you need to make a quick change.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide