Pix-Star Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame
Last updated date: August 13, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Digital Photo Frames and dug through the reviews from 11 of the most popular review sites including Lifewire, BestReviews, Wiki EZ Vid, The Droid Guy, Top Guide Pro, Top Best Product Review, The Smart Consumer, Your Gigi Memories, Top Best 7 Pro, Listderful and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Digital Photo Frame you should buy.
The Pix-Star Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame offers easy importing of all of your online photos. Simply connect to Wi-Fi, and you'll have access to more than 20 different online providers, including Facebook. You'll get 4GB of storage, which you can increase by inserting a USB storage device or memory card. In our analysis of 85 expert reviews, the Pix-Star Pix-Star Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 13, 2019:
Checkout The Best Digital Photo Frame for a detailed review of all the top digital photo frames.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Digital photo frames are the perfect gift idea for parents and grandparents because they make it easier to enjoy their children's, grandchildren's and other family pictures. However, updating pictures to the frame is usually not convenient; most of the time, the only way to do this is to use a USB or a SD card, or to connect the frame directly to a computer. Grandparents and technologically-challenged relatives struggle with this; and this cannot be done remotely. Pix-Star Wi-Fi frames addresses this issue in a very smart and simple way, by using photo-mails. Pix-Star provides users with multiple convenient possibilities to transfer pictures to the device, the easiest one being to send pictures as an attachment by email (photo-mails) to the frame’s own and dedicated email address. It’s as simple as that! This frame is part of the Pix-Star's desire to make photo sharing easier and to bring generations together through easy technology. Now, no matter where your photos or the photos of your friends and family reside, you can be certain you will be able to access them. Sharing pictures is now easier than ever. Pictures are taken everyday, most are shared on social networks or forever doomed to stay on a digital camera or computer. Thanks to the connectivity and ease of use, Pix-Star brings generations together and helps reduce the feeling of loneliness and distance. The Pix-Star PXT510WR04 FotoConnect XD 10.4 inch is part of the family of easy-to-use Wi-Fi and email photo frames from Pix-Star. With the ability to receive and send photo-mails directly from the frame, a computer becomes unnecessary. No monthly fee is required. Configuring the Pix-Star frame’s Wi-Fi connection is quick and easy and can be done using a few buttons on the compact remote control. Turn on the frame and ensure it is located within reach of the network you want to connect to. The Wi-Fi network configuration is automatically detected and all you need to know is the network password if your Wi-Fi network is encrypted. There is absolutely no software to install. Once configured the frame works without the need of a computer. It displays beautiful 800 x 600 resolution photos on a nice 10.4-inch screen. The Pix-Star PXT510WR04 FotoConnect XD 10.4 inch LED LCD displays better images with crisper, brighter and more natural colors. Its 4:3 ratio display is perfectly suited for most digital camera photos as they appear in full screen... No more black strips! It has a 4 GB internal memory, which can store up to 20,000 pictures (may vary depending on picture type). Enjoy the best shots of your family in full screen and full resolution!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Digital Photo Frames
Digital photo frames are nothing new. In fact, they’ve been around since the 1990s. But if you haven’t shopped for one of these innovations for a while, you may not realize just how far they’ve come. Today’s digital photo frames are built for the way consumers store their photos, often relying heavily on Wi-Fi connectivity and online photo importing.
The first feature to note when buying a photo frame is resolution. When you’re pulling photos in from various sources, you probably won’t always have them in the highest resolution available. Some frames will also automatically orient your photos, avoiding that annoying issue of photos displaying sideways.
Getting photos onto the frame is the biggest challenge. Most frames connect to Wi-Fi, but you can often save significant money by opting for a version that relies solely on USB devices for photo importing. If you choose Wi-Fi, make sure you also have a USB option if that’s important to you. You should also research whether a frame will pull photos from your social media feeds, as well as whether you can email photos directly to your frame.
No matter which model you choose, storage space is an important factor. Some frames let you use cloud storage, but with many, you’ll be limited on the number of photos you can store on the actual frame. Some frames come with an online photo management tool that lets you store all your photos in the cloud, eliminating the need to rely on onboard storage.
Once you’ve nailed down the features, your choice may boil down to how the frame actually looks. Many of today’s frames have sleek, classy designs that look more like a small computer monitor than a traditional photo frame. Some come in multiple color options, as well, making it easier to find one that matches your own home or office décor.
DYWM Fun Fact
Thanks to smartphones, we’re now taking more photos than ever before. But there’s a flipside to that. Of the 1.2 trillion photos captured by cameras and smartphones combined in 2017, only a fraction were developed as actual print photos. We’re taking pictures, but we aren’t developing them. But there is a growing market for printing photos onto canvas and metal for hanging. Consumers have also embraced personalized photo products, such as mugs and T-shirts. Although buying on these items has slowed down in recent years, they show how the concept of photo-sharing has changed in an era of social media and online shopping.
The Digital Photo Frame Buying Guide
- Whether it’s photos of your last vacation or your child’s soccer game, you want your images to display as vividly as possible. This comes down primarily to resolution. The Nixplay Seed WiFi Digital Photo Frame has a high-resolution 1024 x 768 display that offers vivid colors and contrast. The Pix-Star Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame, by comparison, offers only 800 x 600 resolution.
- Since many of today’s photos are taken using a smartphone camera, Nixplay Seed WiFi Digital Photo Frame uses a 4:3 aspect ratio that matches the aspect ratio on a smartphone.
- Frame size is also a factor. Nixplay Seed WiFi Digital Photo Frame gives you a choice of an 8-inch, 10-inch, 10-inch widescreen or 13-inch widescreen frame. With the Pix-Star Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame, you can choose between a 10-inch, 10.4-inch or 15-inch model. With the NIX Advance Digital Photo Frame, you get a variety of options, from 8-inch to 17.3-inch frames or 8-inch to 13-inch widescreen frames.
- One unique feature of the Nixplay Seed WiFi Digital Photo Frame is that its power cord doubles as a stand, which eliminates the need to figure out where to put the cord so that it’s out of the way.
- Whether you choose portrait or landscape mode for your frame, you won’t want to have to waste time manually rotating all your photos so that they face the right direction. The NIX Advance Digital Photo Frame automatically flips your photo orientation to what it needs to be based on how you’ve set up your frame.
- At one time, a new digital photo frame required a setup process. Today’s frames make it much easier to get up and running. With the Nixplay Seed WiFi Digital Photo Frame, you can use the Nixplay app to pull photos from your social media, email and cloud accounts. The Pix-Star Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame can access photos from more than 20 online providers, including Facebook.
- Another feature found in many modern digital frames is the ability to email a photo directly to your frame. With the Nixplay Seed WiFi Digital Photo Frame, you can share photos through either email or a smartphone. If you capture a photo on your phone, you can set the frame up to immediately import it. The Pix-Star Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame also lets you email your photos.
- The NIX Advance Digital Photo Frame doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi at all. To load photos onto the frame, you’ll need to use either an SD card or USB port, which means you’ll have to load them up manually. This also means you won’t have access to cloud-based storage.
- If you plan to store photos directly on the frame, you’ll need to find one with plenty of built-in space. The Nixplay Seed WiFi Digital Photo Frame builds in 8GB of internal memory for storage. The Pix-Star Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame provides only 4GB, but you can also add to that storage by hooking up a USB device or memory card.
- Although price varies among different makes and models of digital photo frames, you’re sure to find one that fits within your budget.