Pix-Star Easy Set-Up Digital Photo Frame, 10-Inch
Last updated date: January 22, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Digital Photo Frames and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Digital Photo Frame you should buy.
Update as January 21, 2023:
Checkout The Best Digital Photo Frames To Display Your Favorite Memories for a detailed review of all the top digital photo frames.
The Pix-Star Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame offers easy importing of all of your online photos. Simply connect to Wi-Fi, and you'll have access to more than 20 different online providers, including Facebook. You'll get 4GB of storage, which you can increase by inserting a USB storage device or memory card.
In our analysis of 74 expert reviews, the Pix-Star Easy Set-Up Digital Photo Frame, 10-Inch placed 9th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Digital photo frames are the perfect gift idea for parents and grandparents because they make it easier to enjoy their children’s, grandchildren’s and other family pictures. However, updating pictures to the frame is usually not convenient; most of the time, the only way to do this is to use a USB or a SD card, or to connect the frame directly to a computer. Grandparents and technologically-challenged relatives struggle with this; and this cannot be done remotely. Pix-Star Wi-Fi frames addresses this issue in a very smart and simple way, by using photo-mails. Pix-Star provides users with multiple convenient possibilities to transfer pictures to the device, the easiest one being to send pictures as an attachment by email (photo-mails) to the frame’s own and dedicated email address. It’s as simple as that! This frame is part of the Pix-Star’s desire to make photo sharing easier and to bring generations together through easy technology. Now, no matter where your photos or the photos of your friends and family reside, you can be certain you will be able to access them. Sharing pictures is now easier than ever. Pictures are taken everyday, most are shared on social networks or forever doomed to stay on a digital camera or computer. Thanks to the connectivity and ease of use, Pix-Star brings generations together and helps reduce the feeling of loneliness and distance. The Pix-Star PXT510WR04 FotoConnect XD 10.4 inch is part of the family of easy-to-use Wi-Fi and email photo frames from Pix-Star. With the ability to receive and send photo-mails directly from the frame, a computer becomes unnecessary. No monthly fee is required. Configuring the Pix-Star frame’s Wi-Fi connection is quick and easy and can be done using a few buttons on the compact remote control. Turn on the frame and ensure it is located within reach of the network you want to connect to. The Wi-Fi network configuration is automatically detected and all you need to know is the network password if your Wi-Fi network is encrypted. There is absolutely no software to install. Once configured the frame works without the need of a computer. It displays beautiful 800 x 600 resolution photos on a nice 10.4-inch screen. The Pix-Star PXT510WR04 FotoConnect XD 10.4 inch LED LCD displays better images with crisper, brighter and more natural colors. Its 4:3 ratio display is perfectly suited for most digital camera photos as they appear in full screen… No more black strips! It has a 4 GB internal memory, which can store up to 20,000 pictures (may vary depending on picture type). Enjoy the best shots of your family in full screen and full resolution!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Digital Photo Frames
Today’s digital photo frames are built for the way people store their photos, often relying heavily on Wi-Fi connectivity and online photo importing.
The first feature to note is resolution. When you’re pulling photos in from various sources, you probably won’t always have them in the highest resolution available. Some frames will also automatically orient your photos, avoiding that annoying issue of photos displaying sideways.
Getting your photos onto the digital frame is another factor to consider. Most frames connect to Wi-Fi, but you can often save significant money by opting for a version that relies solely on USB devices for photo importing. If you choose Wi-Fi, make sure you also have a USB option if that’s important to you. You should also research whether a frame will pull photos from your social media feeds, as well as whether you can email photos directly to your frame.
No matter which model you choose, storage space is an important factor. Some frames let you use cloud storage, but with many, you’ll be limited on the number of photos you can store on the actual frame. Some frames come with an online photo management tool that lets you store all your photos in the cloud, eliminating the need to rely on onboard storage.
Once you’ve nailed down the features, your choice may come down to how the frame actually looks. Many of today’s frames have sleek, classy designs that look more like a small computer monitor than a traditional photo frame. Some come in multiple color options, as well, making it easier to find one that matches your own home or office decor.
The Digital Photo Frame Buying Guide
- Whether it’s photos of your last vacation or your child’s soccer game, you want your images to display as vividly as possible. This comes down primarily to resolution. You can find frames with resolutions as high as 1024 x 768, which will offer vivid colors and contrast.
- Since many of today’s photos are taken using a smartphone camera, look for a frame that offers a 4:3 aspect ratio that matches the aspect ratio on a smartphone.
- Frame size is also a factor. You can find frames ranging in size from 8 inches to 15 inches. Although bigger isn’t necessarily better, you may find your photos are much more visible with a larger frame. Still, consider the space where you’ll be displaying the frame and make sure you choose a frame that fits with your decor. You can also find widescreen frames, which may fit better with your landscape-oriented photos.
- The stand is an important feature. Some frames have a power cord that doubles as a stand, which eliminates the need to figure out where to put the cord so that it’s out of the way.
- Whether you choose portrait or landscape mode for your frame, you won’t want to have to waste time manually rotating all your photos so that they face the right direction. Look for a frame that automatically flips your photo orientation to what it needs to be based on how you’ve set up your frame.
- Today’s frames make it easy to get up and running. Some of the most popular frames can pull photos from your social media, email and cloud accounts, which comes in handy. Some can even access photos from up to 20 online providers, including social media platforms. You’ll find other frames that still allow you to upload photos using a memory card or USB flash drive.
- Another feature found in many modern digital frames is the ability to email a photo directly to your frame. If this is a priority for you, look for a frame that lets you share photos through either email or a smartphone. If you capture a photo on your phone, you’ll be able to set some frames up to immediately import it.
- With frames that require you to use either an SD card or USB port, you won’t have access to cloud-based storage. Keep this in mind.
- If you plan to store photos directly on the frame, you’ll need to find one with plenty of built-in space. Some frames build in 8GB of internal memory for storage, which can handle quite a few photos. Some frames provide only 4GB, but you can also add to that storage by hooking up a USB device or memory card. Consider that a frame that connects to your Wi-Fi won’t require you to store photos on the frame itself since the photos will be stored securely online.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide