Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set
Last updated date: January 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bar Serving Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bar Serving Set you should buy.
The Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set is built for entertaining, with six glasses and a decanter that can hold up to 33 ounces of liquor. The classic bar set look makes it perfect for serving whiskey, bourbon or scotch. In our analysis of 49 expert reviews, the Paksh Novelty Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 20, 2019:
Checkout The Best Bar Serving Set for a detailed review of all the top bar serving sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This set looks perfect in the home stored in cabinets, buffets, on your home bar counter or displayed on a bar cart. Office Always be ready to toast to good business dealings and success with important clients, partners, and colleagues. Bar Add style and elegance to your bar or pub by adding this eye-catching whiskey decanter your barware collection. Why You’ll Love It d d d For All Kinds of Drinks This set is perfect for stylishly displaying, presenting, and serving your favorite whiskey, bourbon, or scotch on the rocks or for presenting colorful cocktails, wine, fresh juices, and even infused waters. Add to Paksh Collection Grow your whiskey glassware set buy adding matching glasses or an extra decanter to your Paksh Collection. See our other variety of the additional variations and more Glassware Appreciated Gift If you’re looking for the perfect gift for a very special whiskey and cocktail connoisseur; this is it! This decanter would make a classy present for men and women alike who would appreciate fine glassware. Whiskey Decanter old fashioned glasses Add an Additional Decanter to Your Set Add 6 Additional Glasses to Your Set Same Collection ✓ ✓ Italien Made ✓ ✓
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bar Serving Sets
If you keep liquor around the house, you need a good serving set. This is especially true if you regularly host guests. With a decorative set of glasses, you’ll immediately send the message that it’s time to relax and enjoy a good drink.
One of the most important features of a serving set is the decanter. Although decanters are great for holding your beverages for pouring later, they actually serve a very important purpose. A decanter is designed to help your liquor retain its flavor and consistency. They’re particularly popular for whiskey and wine, although the two beverages need very different types of decanters, so make sure you choose the one that fits your own needs.
A decanter allows the liquid inside to breathe, so in using it, you’ll find your drinks are more richly flavored than if you’d poured them directly from the bottle. But each decanter comes with a stopper that should create an airtight seal when in place. One of the biggest issues with decanters is that the included stopper allows air through, so make sure your chosen set has a decanter with a good seal.
When you consider bar serving sets, you probably think solely of your favorite after-work drink. But some serving sets are versatile enough to use with any type of beverage, from your morning glass of orange juice to that iced tea you like with lunch. If you prefer a multipurpose serving set, make sure you look for that while you’re shopping.
Many decanters are made using crystal, and that meant at one time, lead was found in the decanters people used. If you’ll be storing your beverages in your decanter for a period of time, this could become a problem, as the lead could leach into the liquid and create health concerns. Check for verbiage that indicates the bar set is lead-free.
DWYM Fun Fact
A decanter can come in handy for entertaining, but it likely isn’t necessary for storing your favorite liquors. Whiskey, in particular, won’t benefit much from being stored in a decanter. According to the Scotch Whisky Association, bottled whiskey is a finished product, which means it will pretty much taste the same whether decanted or not. But as your whiskey levels drop in that original bottle, the liquor will start to oxidize. One beverage that does benefit from decanting is wine, which does lose its quality with oxidation. Decanting also helps remove sediment in some wines, so wine drinkers may find a bar set brings even more value to an at-home happy hour.
The Bar Serving Set Buying Guide
- Typically, with a bar set, you’ll get four glasses, a decanter and a serving tray. But the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set, Godinger Dublin Whiskey Bar Set and Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set have six glasses each. The Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set comes with four glasses.
- Decanter size is also worth taking into consideration. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set and Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set can hold around 33 ounces of liquid each. The Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set and Godinger Dublin Whiskey Bar Set are closer to 28 ounces.
- When it comes to design, the Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set stands out, with a round decanter and nautical etchings that make it a perfect gift. If you prefer the more classic look, though, the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set and Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set are very similar in design and both deliver that typical bar set look.
- In addition to its standout design, the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set earns points for ease of storage. It has a wooden stand that you can use to slide it into a cabinet when you aren’t using it.
- Not all decanters are created equal when it comes to storing liquid. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set is great for rum, vodka and tequila, while the Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set works well for those who love whiskey, scotch and bourbon. The decanter on the Godinger Dublin Whiskey Bar Set not only accommodates whiskey, scotch, bourbon and vodka, but also wine. The Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set’s decanter is ideal for whiskey, bourbon and scotch, but the diamond cut of the glasses makes them great for every type of beverage, including juices and water.
- Today’s consumers have grown used to tumblers that keep their beverages cold for hours. Bar sets add that feature in by using a type of glass that reduces condensation and keeps coolness in. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set uses ultra-clarity glass for this.
- Getting your items to your front door undamaged can sometimes be a challenge, but you’ll find most manufacturers will replace any items that arrive damaged. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set takes that a step further with a 100 percent delivery guarantee, sending a new set out free of charge if there are any issues. The Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set comes with a money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty. If you don’t like the set, contact them and they’ll issue a full refund.
- The hourglass design of the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set makes the decanter easy to hold while you’re pouring.
- You have the option of dishwasher cleaning or handwashing with most bar sets. If that’s important to you, make sure your chosen decanter and glasses are dishwasher-safe.