Optimum Nutrition STANDARD Pre Workout Creatine Beta Alanine
Last updated date: August 14, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pre-Workout Supplements and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pre-Workout Supplement you should buy.
Editor's Note March 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pre-Workout Supplement for a detailed review of all the top pre-workout supplements.
Enjoy Optimum Nutrition STANDARD Pre Workout Creatine Beta Alanine's delightful fruit punch flavor without any unpleasant artificial sweetener aftertaste. This supplement features ingredients that promote endurance and a clear mind and also provides extra energy. In our testing, we found that it smells and tastes like Hawaiian Punch — yum! It mixed well and the powder wasn't clumpy.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Optimum Nutrition Optimum Nutrition STANDARD Pre Workout Creatine Beta Alanine placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ON's new Gold Standard Pre-Workout unleashes amplified energy, focus, and supports enhanced endurance to help you reach the pinnacle of your game, crush your next set, get that last rep, and achieve some true gains. Whatever your goals, accomplish them all with the pre-workout from the most trusted brand in sports nutrition. This formula raises the bar by providing you with only what you need to achieve your True Strength - made with select banned substance free ingredients, including caffeine from only natural sources (tea and coffee bean) to help dial in intense energy, mental alertness, and sharp focus before you hit the gym. Gold Standard Pre-Workout is also made with only premium ingredients including CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, which supports your intramuscular buffering system to help you train harder, longer and German-engineered Creapure Creatine Monohydrate - one of the industry's most well-known providers of high purity creatine monohydrate. Finally, the Gold Standard of pre-workouts includes L-Citrulline Malate - a precursor to Nitric Oxide (N.O.) synthesis and other ingredients such as AstraGIN and Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI to round out this powerful formulation.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pre-Workout Supplements
Pre-workout supplements are designed to be taken before you begin exercising. The main goal of taking the supplements is to help you reach your goals by providing such benefits as a sharper mental focus, added strength and increased energy. Since not all supplements are created equal, there are a few things you’ll want to look for before you make a purchase.
Check to see whether the supplement has undergone any testing. For example, the Vintage Blast Pre Workout Supplement is third-party tested and confirmed not to include any ingredients that would get an athlete banned.
Look at the product label to make sure it meets your dietary needs. Some are listed as vegetarian while others are gluten-free. You’ll even find brands that are keto-friendly and free of GMOs.
Verify that the supplement has low to zero sugar, carbs and calories. This is especially important if you’re trying to lose weight. Nutritionists urge members of the public not to drink their calories, but to save them for mealtimes. Also, watch out for non-plant-based sugar substitutes, like aspartame. Stevia, Xylitol and Erythritol are a better choice, as they are all-natural.
Review the pre-workout supplement’s ingredients and associated benefits. If you’re looking for energy, you’ll need a supplement with caffeine. Should you desire to increase your strength, then you’ll want a formula like Six Star Explosion Powerful Intensity that utilizes creatine.
Finally, does the supplement taste good? You may be able to gulp down a shake that tastes like grass, but wouldn’t you rather enjoy the shake? The Optimum Nutrition STANDARD Pre Workout Creatine Beta Alanine is known for its delicious flavors, which include fruit punch, blueberry lemonade, watermelon, green apple, strawberry lime and pineapple.
The Pre-Workout Supplement Buying Guide
- If you are trying a pre-workout supplement for the first time, look for a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. That way, if you don’t get the promised results, you won’t be out any cash.
- People with certain health conditions need to pay attention to the amount of caffeine in the supplement. High levels can cause jitters and a racing heart.
- Always take the pre-workout supplement with you to your doctor appointment. Your physician can review the ingredients to make sure they are safe for your consumption and to verify that they do not interact with any of your current medications.
- Supplements should be stored in a cool dry location. They should also be placed up high in homes where children and pets are present, even if the ingredients are all-natural. Even natural substances can be dangerous when taken in excess.
- If you need to take your powdered supplement with you to consume later in the afternoon, or you need to pack a serving because you are going on an overnight business trip, use a formula dispenser designed for transporting baby formula. These cute containers are airtight and the perfect size for holding a serving of the supplement. This saves you from having to pack the entire container.
- It is important to note that any health benefit claims made by the supplement companies have not been evaluated by the FDA.
- When it comes to pre-workout supplements, price varies, but you should be able to find something that fits your budget and your needs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide