Nutri Ninja Blender w/ Auto-IQ
Last updated date: August 19, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ninja Blenders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ninja Blender you should buy.
This blender is a top pick because of its sturdiness and variety of containers. It comes with a large pitcher for big batches of blended beverages, as well as several blender cups for on-the-go smoothies. Two sets of blades help you get just the right consistency with each blend. In our analysis of 115 expert reviews, the Ninja Nutri Ninja Blender w/ Auto-IQ placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 19, 2019:
Checkout The Best Ninja Blender for a detailed review of all the top ninja blenders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Nutri Ninja | Ninja Blender Duo with Auto-iQ has 1200 watts of professional power and performance. The XL 72 oz. (64 oz. max liquid capacity) Pitcher features Total Crushing Technology to crush through ice and frozen ingredients in seconds to create creamy frozen drinks. The Nutri Ninja Blade Assembly pulverizes whole fruits and vegetables for Nutrient & Vitamin Extraction (extract a drink containing vitamins and nutrients from whole fruits and vegetables). Blend personalized smoothies and juices directly in the Nutri Ninja Cup, attach the lid, and enjoy on the go.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ninja Blenders
Maintaining your health is crucial, and it all starts in the kitchen. Through food, you can easily add beneficial nutrients to your diet, no matter what your health or fitness goals may be. Whether you want to bulk up, lose weight or just prioritize health, it all begins with food.
Perhaps the most efficient way to add a variety of nutrients to your diet is through smoothies. You can combine different fruits, vegetables (green smoothie, anyone?) or even seeds with liquid to make an exceedingly nourishing beverage, condensing a huge amount of essential vitamins into a snack-sized portion.
Ready to make one? You’ll need a blender first. Blenders utilize a motor and blade to blend solids together to create a drinkable beverage.
The appliance is held down by a base that contains an electric motor. On top of the base sits a container, typically made from plastic as in all Ninja models reviewed here, with a sharp metal blade inside. The motor on the base powers this blade, sending it spinning continuously when the blender is turned on. A lid sits on top to keep things in place. All components can be separated for easier cleaning and maintenance.
While making smoothies may be the most popular at-home use for blenders, they have a number of applications. You can make a number of blended beverages with ice, like frozen cocktails, and some models even allow cooks to make piping hot blended soups.
What you can whip up with a blender depends on how it’s built. Ultra-sharp blades, a powerful motorized base and a durable container are essential to a quality blender.
The brand Ninja makes high-quality blenders while maintaining affordability, making them a good choice for home cooks on a budget. Their models vary, so it’s important to compare them before making your choice.
The Nutri Blender is powered by a 1200-watt motor while the brand’s Pro Blender model has an 1100-watt motor. Those wattage numbers are all on par with high-end, more expensive models. It’s enough to grind ice cubes into soft snow in seconds.
When searching for the perfect blender for your countertop, you must also consider size, weight and durability. Powerful blenders can be heavy and bulky, making them difficult to store. If you plan to use your blender to make a variety of things, like nut butter and flours, then you do need a big, powerful model (consider the Nutri Ninja). But if you plan to stick to making relatively simple smoothies with your blender, you may need a smaller machine that’s both easier to use and suitable for storing.
Some Ninja blenders come with the brand’s signature interchangeable components. For example, the Pro Blender comes with 16-ounce cups that can attach to the machine’s base for quick, grab-and-go smoothies. The Intelli-Sense Kitchen System comes with an array of containers — a large pitcher for blending large items, a food processor great for precise chopping and a blender cup for smoothies. The added components may help you decide which blender model is right for you.
DWYM Fun Fact
Blenders use physics to turn chunks of fruits, ice and veggies into a smooth, drinkable beverage. The machine first cuts the chunks up into smaller pieces. That leads to a process called cavitation when tiny air bubbles are combined with the chopped food and implode, further breaking up the chunks into tiny pieces. The longer you blend, the longer this process can continue and the tinier bits you’ll get. That’s what leads to an ultra-smooth texture.
The Ninja Blender Buying Guide
- Always keep the lid on your blender when blending. Otherwise, the contents may very well splatter out, making a huge mess of your kitchen. Make sure your lid is secured tightly whenever the blender is powered on. When blending hot foods, steam will build up, which could blow the lid off. It’s important to release the steam when the blender is off, but always hold down the lid with your hands to help it stay on when blending.
- Smoothies are a tasty and healthy snack for all ages. Not only do they pack a big nutritional punch, but they’re also fun to make. With the right ingredients, anyone and everyone can make a smoothie. Making smoothies is a fun way for kids to get involved with making their own food, too. Grab a variety of fruits (fresh or frozen), greens, yogurt and more and turn smoothie-making and snack time into family fun.
- Before you make hot soup in your blender, be sure the machine is equipped for it. Not all models can handle the heat. If you want to make hot foods in your blender, look for ones with a vented lid that allows steam to escape and read the product’s instructions before use.
- Keep noise in mind when choosing a blender, especially if you need to avoid disturbing your household during use. Making an early morning smoothie is a wonderful idea for your health, but your sleeping family may not appreciate it. Both the Pro Blender and Nutri Blender are notably noisy but are great blenders. Those are good choices for those who are more interested in power than a few minutes of commotion.
- Make sure your blender gets squeaky clean between uses to avoid mold or debris build-up that prevent your machine from working smoothly. Blenders will usually come with maintenance instructions, but there’s an easy cleaning hack many pamphlets leave out. Fill your blender halfway with warm water, add a few drops of dish soap and blend away. This will help clean all those hard-to-reach spots in and around the blade.