NTTR Non-Slip Bath Mat, 16×35-Inch
Last updated date: November 4, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Non Slip Shower And Bath Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Non Slip Shower And Bath Mat you should buy.
In our analysis of 94 expert reviews, the NTTR NTTR Non-Slip Shower & Bath Mat, 16x35-Inch placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 27, 2019:
Checkout The Best Non Slip Shower And Bath Mat for a detailed review of all the top non slip shower and bath mats.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The design of NTTR bath mat comes from pebbles that compliment all design styles.Non slip,say good bye to all accidents due to slippery floor Large Size Fit All Tub 16 inches x 35 inches Long enough to cover the bathtub surface Protect Family's Safety NTTR bath mat have more than 300 suction cups,tightly adsorbed on the clean and smooth surface of your bathtub Unfortunately, textured and tiled surfaces do not allow for the suction cup to properly adhere to the surface Frosted surface to increase anti-skid effect and aesthetics Half frosted and half smooth,reflecting the appearance and non-slip Pebbles of different sizes Machine Washable Machine washable Some tips to install your new bath mat Ensure you're applying the bath bat on a clean and smooth surface Be sure the tub or shower is clean and free of any dirt, oils or product before use Moisten the tub/shower floor using water before placing the mat down. Use your weight to firmly press the mat onto the tub or shower floor in order to be sure all of the suctions hold Once your mat is firmly in place, step on to the mat carefully, use grab bars or the edge of the tub to be sure the mat is completely in place by stepping 8 to 10 places on the mat to ensure proper vacuum hold
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Non Slip Shower And Bath Mats
No one is immune to an accidental slip and fall. Nonslip shower and bath mats are an excellent tool to turn a slippery surface into one with traction. The great news is that users can install these mats within minutes. They aren’t restricted to the bathtub either, as they offer protection in hot tubs and gym locker rooms as well. When shopping for a shower mat, you’ll want to consider the following features:
Take a look at the materials used to make the bath mat. Some models are made of an elastic rubber, while others use a top-quality vinyl. The important thing is that the mat is BPA, latex and phthalate-free. Most models are also hypoallergenic, which is important if you tend to suffer from bad allergies.
Look at the size of the bath mat to make sure it has the coverage area you’re looking for. Some models are wide but short. Others are long but narrow, like the Yimobra Extra Long Shower & Bath Mat, 16×40-Inch. You’ll also come across mats for square showers and mats that cover the entire floor of your bathtub.
Check the shower mat for drainage holes. These holes reduce mold and mildew growth by allowing the water to drain rather than pool at your feet. In addition to the drainage holes being a hygienic choice, they also contribute to the longevity of the mat and its ability to remain like new, even with daily use.
Flip the bath mat over and look for suction cups. The Gorilla Grip XL Shower & Bath Mat, 35×16-Inch has a total of 324 suction cups that keep the mat in place while you bathe. The suction cups also make the bath mat easy to install. Once you place the mat exactly where you want it, all you have to do is press down on the surface of the mat and the suction cups will stick to the tub’s flooring.
Consider a shower mat that is available in a variety of colors, so you can find the perfect shade to match the theme in your bathroom. The Gorilla Grip Original Shower & Bath Mat, 21×21-Inch comes in 22 vibrant colors, including clear if you’d rather the mat be less noticeable.
Another option is to go with adhesive treads that are designed to improve traction. The SlipX Solutions Adhesive Treads, 7.5×3/4-Inch take just a few seconds to install. The pack includes six strips for use on any smooth surface, such as the floor of your bathtub, the surface of your stairs or the deck of your sailboat.
DYWM Fun Fact
Did you know that over a million people are seen in emergency rooms around the nation because of a slip and fall incident? Although senior citizens are more likely to experience a slip and fall accident, it is still one of the leading causes of injury among every age group.
In addition to causing injuries, slip and fall accidents can also put quite a dent in your wallet. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) points out that $50 billion is spent each year on seniors who have a non-fatal fall. On top of that, you’ll most likely experience lost wages. The average time taken off of work due to a slip and fall incident is 11 days.
The good news is that slip and fall accidents can be prevented in many cases. Take a look around your home or place of business and identify any surfaces that are smooth and potentially slippery. Install bath mats or textured adhesive strips to provide the traction needed to stay firmly planted on your feet. Keep in mind that bath mats can be used in other locations. They don’t have to strictly be used for a bathtub.
The Non Slip Shower And Bath Mat Buying Guide
- Always make sure the surface you want to install the bath mat over is clean and dry, or the mat’s adhesive or attached suction cups won’t be able to stick to the surface properly.
- Check to see if the company selling the bath and shower mat has a warranty. You may be surprised to discover that a host of manufacturers supply a 10-year warranty on their mats. Most will provide a replacement mat if you become dissatisfied with your bath mat at any time during the warranty period, no matter what the reason.
- It is important that you rinse and dry the shower mat after each use. Soap, shampoo and conditioner can all leave an invisible coating on the mat that may make the surface slippery.
- Review the product’s care instruction label. Some bath mats must be cleaned by hand, while others are safe to toss in the washing machine. You may be required to use a gentle detergent during the wash cycle. It is often recommended that you avoid the use of bleach; in these instances, distilled white vinegar makes an excellent substitute. Finally, allow your shower mat to air dry, as most mats are made out of materials that could be damaged by the high heat of a dryer.
- You can make your own nonslip bath mats for outside the tub and in front of the toilet using a cotton rug and a sheet of slip-resistant shelf liner. Simply hot glue the shelf liner to the bottom of the cotton rug, flip it over and set it down on your bathroom floor.
- Bath and shower mat prices vary, mostly based on size. The SlipX Solutions Adhesive Treads, 7.5×3/4-Inch is one of the cheapest anti-slip solutions, as it simply provides users with six adhesive strips that can be pressed onto any smooth surface. The Yimobra Extra Long Shower & Bath Mat, 16×40-Inch and the Gorilla Grip Original Shower & Bath Mat, 21×21-Inch are in the middle of the price range, as they both cover part of the tub floor, but not the entire tub floor. You’ll find that the Gorilla Grip XL Shower & Bath Mat, 35×16-Inch covers the most space within a tub and therefore commands the highest price.