The Best Non Slip Shower And Bath Mat
We looked at the top 10 Non Slip Shower And Bath Mats and dug through the reviews from 79 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Non Slip Shower And Bath Mats.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
No one is immune to an accidental slip and fall. Nonslip shower and bath mats are an excellent tool to turn a slippery surface into one with traction. The great news is that users can install these mats within minutes. They aren’t restricted to the bathtub either, as they offer protection in hot tubs and gym locker rooms as well. When shopping for a shower mat, you’ll want to consider the following features:
Take a look at the materials used to make the bath mat. Some models are made of an elastic rubber, while others use a top-quality vinyl. The important thing is that the mat is BPA, latex and phthalate-free. Most models are also hypoallergenic, which is important if you tend to suffer from bad allergies.
Look at the size of the bath mat to make sure it has the coverage area you’re looking for. Some models are wide but short. Others are long but narrow, like the Yimobra Extra Long Shower & Bath Mat, 16×40-Inch. You’ll also come across mats for square showers and mats that cover the entire floor of your bathtub.
Check the shower mat for drainage holes. These holes reduce mold and mildew growth by allowing the water to drain rather than pool at your feet. In addition to the drainage holes being a hygienic choice, they also contribute to the longevity of the mat and its ability to remain like new, even with daily use.
Flip the bath mat over and look for suction cups. The Gorilla Grip XL Shower & Bath Mat, 35×16-Inch has a total of 324 suction cups that keep the mat in place while you bathe. The suction cups also make the bath mat easy to install. Once you place the mat exactly where you want it, all you have to do is press down on the surface of the mat and the suction cups will stick to the tub’s flooring.
Consider a shower mat that is available in a variety of colors, so you can find the perfect shade to match the theme in your bathroom. The Gorilla Grip Original Shower & Bath Mat, 21×21-Inch comes in 22 vibrant colors, including clear if you’d rather the mat be less noticeable.
Another option is to go with adhesive treads that are designed to improve traction. The SlipX Solutions Adhesive Treads, 7.5×3/4-Inch take just a few seconds to install. The pack includes six strips for use on any smooth surface, such as the floor of your bathtub, the surface of your stairs or the deck of your sailboat.
Our Picks For The Top Non Slip Shower And Bath Mats
- 1. Gorilla Grip XL Shower & Bath Mat, 35×16-Inch
- 2. Yimobra Extra Long Bath Mat, 16×40-Inch
- 3. Gorilla Grip Original Patented Bath Mat, 21×21-Inch
- 4. AmazerBath Non-Slip Bath Mat, 39×16-Inch
- 5. TIKE SMART Machine-Washable Bath Mat, 39×16-Inch
- 6. Yimobra Square Bath Mat, 21×21-Inch
- 7. SlipX Solutions Extra Long Shower & Bath Mat, 16×39-Inch
- 8. Mantto Extra Soft Bath Mat, 30×17-Inch
- 9. NTTR Non-Slip Bath Mat, 16×35-Inch
- 10. SlipX Solutions Adhesive Treads, 7.5×3/4-Inch
XL Shower & Bath Mat, 35x16-Inch
This nonslip shower and bath mat is a top choice among bath mats because of its many drainage holes that not only prevent water from pooling around your feet, but also keep bacteria and mold from growing. We love that the mat is safe to clean in the washing machine and comes in a host of fun colors. Thanks to the suction cups, you also won't have t...
Machine WashablePerfect for adults and children, this nonslip shower and bath mat is easy to install with just the press of a hand.
Extra Long Shower & Bath Mat, 16x40-Inch
With an astounding 200 suction cups, you won't have to worry about this nonslip shower and bath mat slipping out from underneath you. The bath mat is made to line the entire length of your tub, so that you're covered no matter where you stand. Users will also appreciate that the mat is made of a durable vinyl that is BPA, latex and phthalate-free.
Durable and Non-ToxicProtect yourself from accidental slips with this nonslip shower and bath mat, which is designed to cover the entire tub floor.
Original Shower & Bath Mat, 21x21-Inch
Thanks to the numerous drainage holes, this nonslip shower and bath mat is antibacterial and mildew resistant. The hundreds of suction cups create a firm grip that holds the mat in place. If you are unsatisfied with the bath mat at any time during the first 10 years of ownership, you can utilize the product warranty for a full replacement.
10-Year Warranty IncludedThis nonslip shower and bath mat is able to cover a large surface area to help prevent accidental slips.
Adhesive Treads, 7.5x3/4-Inch
We liked the minimalist look of this nonslip shower and bath mat, perfect for those of us who don't like the look of a full bath mat in our tub. These adhesive strips are strategically placed on the bottom of your tub to provide the traction you need to remain sturdy during a shower. You can also use them on stairs or in a hot tub as long as the su...
Most AffordableAttach this nonslip shower and bath mat to any smooth surface and you'll gain additional traction to help prevent slip and falls.
Why we recommend these non slip shower and bath mats?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 10 Non Slip Shower And Bath Mats and also dug through the reviews from 79 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Non Slip Shower And Bath Mats.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
What to Look For
- Always make sure the surface you want to install the bath mat over is clean and dry, or the mat’s adhesive or attached suction cups won’t be able to stick to the surface properly.
- It is important that you rinse and dry the shower mat after each use. Soap, shampoo and conditioner can all leave an invisible coating on the mat that may make the surface slippery.
- Review the product’s care instruction label. Some bath mats must be cleaned by hand, while others are safe to toss in the washing machine. You may be required to use a gentle detergent during the wash cycle. It is often recommended that you avoid the use of bleach; in these instances, distilled white vinegar makes an excellent substitute. Finally, allow your shower mat to air dry, as most mats are made out of materials that could be damaged by the high heat of a dryer.
- You can make your own nonslip bath mats for outside the tub and in front of the toilet using a cotton rug and a sheet of slip-resistant shelf liner. Simply hot glue the shelf liner to the bottom of the cotton rug, flip it over and set it down on your bathroom floor.
- Bath and shower mat prices vary, mostly based on size. The SlipX Solutions Adhesive Treads, 7.5×3/4-Inch is one of the cheapest anti-slip solutions, as it simply provides users with six adhesive strips that can be pressed onto any smooth surface. The Yimobra Extra Long Shower & Bath Mat, 16×40-Inch and the Gorilla Grip Original Shower & Bath Mat, 21×21-Inch are in the middle of the price range, as they both cover part of the tub floor, but not the entire tub floor. You’ll find that the Gorilla Grip XL Shower & Bath Mat, 35×16-Inch covers the most space within a tub and therefore commands the highest price.
Non Slip Shower And Bath Mat Rankings
More to Explore
Did you know that over a million people are seen in emergency rooms around the nation because of a slip and fall incident? Although senior citizens are more likely to experience a slip and fall accident, it is still one of the leading causes of injury among every age group.
In addition to causing injuries, slip and fall accidents can also put quite a dent in your wallet. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) points out that $50 billion is spent each year on seniors who have a non-fatal fall. On top of that, you’ll most likely experience lost wages. The average time taken off of work due to a slip and fall incident is 11 days.
The good news is that slip and fall accidents can be prevented in many cases. Take a look around your home or place of business and identify any surfaces that are smooth and potentially slippery. Install bath mats or textured adhesive strips to provide the traction needed to stay firmly planted on your feet. Keep in mind that bath mats can be used in other locations. They don’t have to strictly be used for a bathtub.