New World Pet Products Foldable Metal Wire Puppy Playpen
Last updated date: March 16, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Puppy Playpens and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Puppy Playpen you should buy.
Update as March 16, 2023:
Checkout The Best Puppy Playpen for a detailed review of all the top puppy playpens.
This indoor and outdoor puppy playpen is a versatile choice. It comes with four ground stakes for more stability outdoors. The playpen has locking thumb snaps and can also be used with a metal dog crate.
In our analysis, the New World Pet Products New World Pet Products Foldable Metal Wire Puppy Playpen placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Exercise pen has 8 connected panels (each panel 24W x 24H inches) to create 16 square feet living area; Playpen is ideal for small dogs up to 16 inches tall. Portable exercise pen is great for indoor and outdoor use, a black rust-preventive e-coat protects the dog playpen from the elements and included ground stakes keep the pen anchored to the ground. No tools required. Simply unfold, shape and connect dog playpen together, exercise pen can be set-up in seconds and folds flat for easy storage or travel. Puppy playpen includes 4 ground stakes, 4 secure locking thumb snaps and can be used in conjunction w/ a metal dog crate to expand your dog’s living area. Exercise pen works great as a puppy playpen or as an exercise area for non-climbing small animals including rabbits, ducks, turtles and guinea pigs.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Puppy Playpens
Many people say that getting a new puppy is akin to taking care of a newborn baby. The sleepless nights, the constant snuggling and cuddling and the need for keeping your eye on them 24/7. Puppies are inherently curious, ready to get themselves into trouble in just about anything. When you’re not able to carefully watch over your puppy, such as when you’re making dinner, and want to keep them safe and contained, a puppy playpen is a great idea.
A small gated area, a puppy playpen ensures that your puppy stays where you need it to. While some people choose to put their puppy in a crate instead, it doesn’t provide the same spacious home for the puppy and can make them feel cooped up and bored. In a playpen, however, puppies have room to walk, run and jump around – all while ensuring they are safe and away from harm.
One of the most important factors to consider when looking for a puppy playpen is the height, weight and activity level of your dog. Large puppies who are heavy will require a sturdier and taller puppy playpen then small, light dogs. Similarly, if your puppy is overly boisterous and loves jumping around, they may require a puppy playpen with taller sides than a pup that is relaxed and loves lying around. Keep in mind that the weight of the playpen may make it difficult for you to move it around, so you’ll have to strike a balance between something that is hefty enough to withstand your pup and something that is light enough for you to move.
The Puppy Playpen Buying Guide
- When it comes to materials for puppy playpens, you typically are limited to two options: metal wiring and plastic sheeting. Metal playpens are sturdy but typically light enough for you to maneuver with ease. Plastic sheeting playpens are usually quite hefty. However, they offer a lot of stability and a clear view of your pup, which is why many prefer these types instead.
- If you’re looking for an easily portable playpen to take with you when you go to someone else’s house or out camping, for example, opt for one that is made from a heavy-duty cloth and mesh. These playpens are easy to fold up and take with you. However, they are considerably less sturdy than their less-portable counterparts, and typically only work with very small dogs. Larger puppies are able to easily knock them over.
- Some puppy playpens have doors for you and your pup while others don’t. What you need will depend on your ability to easily climb in and out of the pen and lift your dog in and out of it. For some people, this isn’t and issue while for others it can feel cumbersome so a door is a welcome feature.
- If you have a big outdoor space and want to keep your puppy out there with you while you garden or spend time outside, it’s best to keep them in an outdoor puppy playpen. They ensure your puppy doesn’t run off or eat anything they shouldn’t. An outdoor puppy playpen is similar to an indoor one. The key difference is that it comes with stakes which you can place into the ground for more stability.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide