Netbox 1200 Mbps Alexa Compatible Wi-Fi Extender
Last updated date: August 2, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wi-Fi Extenders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wi-Fi Extender you should buy.
Update as August 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Wi-Fi Extender for a detailed review of all the top wi-fi extenders.
Although this Wi-Fi extender has a compact design, it offers strong network coverage. In fact, it works great in homes as large as 3,000 square feet and can handle as many as 32 devices. Using this extender is also a breeze, as all you need to do is press the WPS button for 8 seconds and the device will connect with your home router.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Netbox 1200 Mbps Alexa Compatible Wi-Fi Extender placed 6th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our 1200 Mbps WiFi Extender the Best solution to date extending Wi-Fi to devices like iPhone, iPad, Android devices, Echo/Alexa devices, Smart TV’s, PCs, 4K streaming, Samsung devices, PlayStation, Smart Plugs and SO MUCH MORE. Universal Compatibility - WiFi Booster are compatible with any router or access point, making it easy to expand and strengthen your network for 2.4GHz and 5GHz, Wireless Repeater Coverage up to 3000sq.ft Range & 32 Devices, even as it changes over time. Boost your existing network range, delivering AC dual band WiFi up to 1200 Mbps. This Wifi repeater is small and discreet, easily blending into your home decor. Easy Connection: WPS Button, Just press the it 8 Seconds to connect to your router. Or using web-based setup page, you can easily expand wireless coverage. Easy to install and move, the range extender enables to expand your Wi-Fi range and connect any wired device such as your Xbox, PlayStation, PC or Mac, to powerful Wi-Fi with the available Gigabit Ethernet port for boosted speed and performance. No more Dead Zones - Eliminate dead spots with wireless network coverage 360 degree in rooms with weak Wi-Fi coverage such as bedroom, garden, corridor, restroom and so on. It has smart signal indicator lights which help provide optimal placement. Fast Ethernet port connects nearby wired devices as a wireless access point. Supports advanced wireless security encryption (WPA/WPA2 PSK Mixed/Hidden SSID/Black List Function) avoid all unauthorized access, keep strangers and hackers outside. Our team of professionals is constantly working to make you happier. We provide technical support for our customers 7 days a week, If you have any questions or issues about your purchase, please feel free to reach us by Email or Phone and we will gladly assist you at any time!! We are confident in the quality of our product and give you FULL customer support.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Editor-in-chief of High Speed Experts
Patrick Ward is the editor-in-chief of High Speed Experts, a broadband connectivity-, search engine- and IT-industry education blog that empowers consumers by open-sourcing information about tech services. He earned his bachelor’s degree in commerce with an emphasis on communications at the University of Sydney. His expertise spans the digital, emerging tech and telecommunications fields.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wi-Fi Extenders
Chances are, your household relies heavily on a Wi-Fi network. Whether it’s doing homework or streaming the latest Netflix show everyone’s watching, a high-speed network is key. If your network is too slow, you could find that your shows constantly lock up or downloads take far too long.
Upping your network speed isn’t always the solution. You’ll likely still have the same problem, especially if you have areas of your house that are far away from your router. The easiest fix is a Wi-Fi extender. Quickly and easily, you can buy one of these devices, plug it in and, in a matter of minutes, extend your router’s reach to those “dead zones” in your home.
“As the name suggests, Wi-Fi extenders expand the range of Wi-Fi in your house or office by rebroadcasting your existing signal from your wireless router,” our technology expert Patrick Ward, editor-in-chief of the IT industry education blog High Speed Experts, explains.
But buying a Wi-Fi router can feel intimidating at first. You may fear that setup will be complicated, but with most of today’s extenders, installation is actually fairly easy. You just plug it in and follow the directions to connect it to your home’s router. The first step is finding the best area of your home for the extender. The goal is to extend the reach of the Wi-Fi signal being sent by your router, so you’ll be moving it to an area of your house where connectivity is poorest due to being too far away.
When shopping for a router, pay close attention to frequency. Many extenders use two frequencies: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. You’ll see speed ratings that represent the theoretical maximum speed of the router you’re purchasing. Other factors, such as the size of the ethernet and compatibility with other devices, should also factor into your buying decision.
Another consideration is whether the signal rebroadcasted by your extender is different than the one your wireless router emits.
“This means that you have to manually switch over to your range extender network as your devices will automatically connect to your router,” Ward says. “This connecting and reconnecting can get tedious, particularly as you move back and forth between rooms.”
But one advantage of putting in a Wi-Fi extender is that it will allow you to get online in spaces you don’t traditionally think of as having an Internet connection.
“Backyards, garages or rec rooms can now have a strong Wi-Fi signal, allowing you to remain connected wherever you are in your house,” Ward points out.
Want to Internet surf while lounging by the pool? That’s a possibility — if you get the right Wi-Fi extender.
The Wi-Fi Extender Buying Guide
- Wi-Fi extenders can seem intimidating if you don’t see yourself as tech-savvy. The good news is, most extenders on the market today are easy to set up. You simply plug it into an outlet in the desired area and follow the instructions to connect.
- Once you get your extender set up, you’ll need an easy way to manage it. Some models even let you control your device using an app. You can create passwords, check your connections and more.
- Determining exactly where to put your Wi-Fi extender can be challenging. Some models include smart LED indicators that identify the best location in an area for optimizing your Wi-Fi reach.
- Wi-Fi extenders operate by using specific frequencies. Some extenders operate on two bands: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, offering fast performance. Other models only utilize one 2.4 GHz band.
- Some Wi-Fi extenders let you hook up items like smart TVs and Xbox game consoles to your Wi-Fi network through an ethernet port. If you’re interested in using this feature, go with a model that has it.
- Over time, you may decide just one Wi-Fi extender isn’t enough. Some extenders are compatible with a wide range of adapters, which means you’ll be able to expand your network even further by adding more routers.
- If you plan to add routers in the future, look for a router with a Wi-Fi clone button that copies your router’s network name and password. One press of the button automatically syncs one extender with all the other extenders on your network.
- A Wi-Fi extender is designed to be planted in a wall outlet, where it stays. Some models have internal antennas, which provide for a more compact look.
- Speeding up your network is great, but you’ll also want to make sure you keep your data safe. Look for a Wi-Fit extender that features either 128-bit AES encryption or WPA2/WPA wireless encryption.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide