Minnetonka Cally Faux Fur Women’s Slippers
Last updated date: August 14, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Women's Slippers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Women's Slipper you should buy.
Not only is this pair of women's slippers made from a high-quality leather, but it's also extremely durable. The slippers feature the timeless moccasin look and are filled with a plush pile lining. You can even choose between 15 different colors, including hot pink, black leopard, red and dark navy. In our analysis of 51 expert reviews, the Minnetonka Minnetonka Cally Faux Fur Women's Slippers placed 4th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Women’s Slippers for a detailed review of all the top women's slippers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Made from high-quality materials, these Minnetonka Cally Faux Fur Slippers for Women are perfect for everyday footwear. Each pair of suede moccasin slippers for women comes with a rich heritage that includes a tradition of careful craftsmanship to deliver exceptional quality footwear.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Women's Slippers
Did you know there are actually many studies that show wearing slippers at home is beneficial? For example, one study reveals that wearing slippers helps reduce your chances of coming down with a cold or the flu. One retailer in the UK conducted his own study and found that workplace performance increased when his employees were permitted to wear slippers while working.
Whether you’re interested in the health benefits or you simply want your feet to feel nice and cozy while spending time at home, you’ll want to make sure you’re buying a quality pair of women’s slippers. Here are a few features you need to look for when shopping for the best set.
Determine where you plan on wearing the slippers. For example, the Wishcotton Cozy Memory Foam Women’s Slippers are made with an upgraded rubber sole that works well on both indoor and outdoor surfaces. Other slippers may only be ideal for indoor use, which means you won’t be able to wear them to fetch the mail or play with your dog in the backyard.
Consider the type of fit you’re looking for. The isotoner Terry Ballerina Women’s Slippers provide more of a snug fit, which makes them less likely to slide off your feet. Other slippers are designed to be open in the back for quickly sliding feet inside without having to bend over. This type has a much looser fit and may result in your feet coming out while walking.
Check the inner lining next. The lining should provide comfort, while stilling being breathable. The ULTRAIDEAS Memory Foam Women’s Slippers go a step further by lining their slippers with a high-density memory foam that molds to the shape of your feet for added support.
Style may also be a factor in your decision. Some women’s slippers come in a variety of fun colors, like hot pink, wine and black leopard. Others, like the Minnetonka Cally Faux Fur Women’s Slippers, are made of genuine leather and are designed to resemble a pair of moccasins.
DWYM Fun Fact
While we don’t know exactly when the first pair of slippers were invented, we do know of a few early references to this type of footwear. First, during the 12th century, a Southern Song Dynasty Officer described a pair of slippers he saw in Vietnam. Second, around 1478, Westerners used the word slipper in the English language. Here are a few more fun facts about women’s slippers.
- The famous ruby red slippers worn by Dorothy (Judy Garland) in the movie “The Wizard of Oz” are on display at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
- Slippers were once used as a form of punishment in schools. They were a tool that schoolmasters utilized to slap disobedient children.
- Some of the first pairs of slippers were constructed from animal skins and animal fur.
The Women's Slipper Buying Guide
- Always check reviews of the women’s slippers to determine whether they run big, as expected or small. This way you can size up or down as needed.
- Keep in mind that if you select a pair of slippers designed for use outside, they may be a bit loud when you use them indoors on a hardwood floor.
- Certain women’s slipper models have a short break-in period. You’ll need to walk in them for a few days before they become more comfortable and conformed to your feet.
- Check the slippers’ product care label to determine how they can be cleaned. Some are listed as machine washable using the cold water setting but must be set out to air dry. To help the slippers retain their shape as they dry, you can place rolled up balls of newspaper inside. Others are not safe for soaking in water, which means you’ll need to spot clean them if they get a little dirty. Use a gentle detergent, cold water and a soft sponge to work out the filth.
- If your slippers begin to have an unpleasant odor, sprinkle a little baking soda over the inner lining before you go to bed. When you wake up in the morning, shake the baking soda out over the opening of a trash can. Baking soda is well known for its ability to trap and remove bad odors.
- The cost for a pair of quality women’s slippers is dependent upon the construction materials and added features. You’ll find the isotoner Terry Ballerina Women’s Slippers among the most affordable on the market. The ULTRAIDEAS Memory Foam Women’s Slippers and the Wishcotton Cozy Memory Foam Women’s Slippers are more moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Minnetonka Cally Faux Fur Women’s Slippers, as these slippers are made out of genuine leather.