Melissa & Doug Jenna 12-Inch Doll
Last updated date: July 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dolls For 2-Year-Old Girls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Doll For 2-Year-Old Girls you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Dolls For 2-Year-Old Girls for a detailed review of all the top dolls for 2-year-old girls.
This doll for 2-year-old girls measures 12-inchs in length and has a soft body. The doll's adorable pink outfit and cap are removable, which means your child will be able to use other outfits on the baby. Kids can even make the doll suck on her thumb or the included pacifier.
In our analysis, the Melissa & Doug Melissa & Doug Jenna 12-Inch Doll placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
It will be love at first sight when this adorable, soft-bodied baby doll comes home, At 12 inches long, Jenna is an ideal size for toddlers 18 months and older to hug, cuddle, and care for. She has molded plastic hair and wipe-clean arms, legs, and face. Jenna closes her bright blue eyes as she is rocked to sleep and when she lies down and opens them when she is picked up. Young mommies and daddies can comfort Jenna by helping her to suck her thumb or the included pacifier. Her beautifully stitched pink romper and matching infant bonnet are removable. Quality craftsmanship ensures endless hours of pretend play and a baby doll that will remain a favorite for years to come. Jenna is a great baby doll to help toddlers express themselves and to encourage imaginative play. Doll play develops cognitive and fine motor skills as children practice removing and putting on clothing, helping her to suck her thumb and pacifier, and moving her arms and legs. Children learn language skills as they talk to Jenna and caring for their baby doll helps foster nurturing skills and responsibility. Doll play also helps self-esteem and confidence grow by leaps and bounds. Jenna is just waiting for a child to call her “Mine to Love”, For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.” Today, Melissa & Doug is proudly partnering with the American Academy of Pediatrics to foster early brain development and help children build important life skills through play.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dolls For 2-Year-Old Girls
Many 2-year-old girls love playing with dolls. They get to copy mom and dad and show off their caregiving skills, in addition to developing in other areas, like fine motor, gross motor skills and verbal communication.
A critical aspect of choosing a doll for a 2-year-old girl is the size. Opt for one that is between 11 and 15 inches, which will be the right size for your child to carry comfortably. Dolls that are bigger than this may prove difficult for a 2-year-old to hold.
Be sure to consider what kinds of accessories the doll comes with. This is one of the most fun parts of playing with dolls. Consider what your child enjoys and pick accessories to match their interests. For example, if your 2-year-old is interested in putting her dolls to sleep, you can find a doll that comes with a little crib and a set of jammies. For the child who is interested in playing pediatrician, get a doll that has medical accessories like a stethoscope. You can also find dolls that come with feeding accessories, like bottles, plates, cups and spoons, for the child who likes to make sure their dolls are well fed.
Consider whether your child would like a doll that looks like them or if they would like something different. You can find dolls for 2-year-olds that have different skin tones, hair textures and eye colors to match your family.
The Doll For 2-Year-Old Girls Buying Guide
- Playing with a doll can help your 2-year-old girl learn important skills and behaviors. For example, if your child doesn’t want to go to sleep at bedtime, you can have them put their doll into pajamas and tuck them in with a story and a song. This may encourage your child to participate in their own bedtime because their doll is already in bed. Similarly, if your child doesn’t want to eat lunch, you can have them feed their doll first to get them in the mood for eating their own meal.
- Dolls present the opportunity for dramatization, which many 2-year-olds love. You can encourage them by helping them figure out what their doll is doing. For example, ask them whether their doll is at a party or if she is playing in the sand box. These types of questions can prompt new ideas for their pretend play.
- Listening skills can also be improved by playing with dolls. See whether your 2-year-old can follow certain instructions for their doll, such as changing the doll’s clothes or giving the doll a bottle.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide