Maxonar 1.2M TB3 Thunderbolt 3 Cable, 4-Foot
Last updated date: November 19, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Thunderbolt Cables and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Thunderbolt Cable you should buy.
Editor's Note March 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Thunderbolt Cable for a detailed review of all the top thunderbolt cables.
In our analysis, the Maxonar Maxonar 1.2M TB3 Thunderbolt 3 Cable, 4-Foot placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100W Power Delivery: Maxonar 1.2M TB3 Cable compatible with thunderbolt 3 up to 20V/5A 100W Charging compatibility. It lets you keep your thunderbolt devices powered without needing an additional power supply. Up to 40Gbps Transfers Speed: Maxonar TB3 cable Sync speed is up to 40Gbps. It can copy 14 hours of HD video or 25,000 photos within one minute at speeds up to 40 Gbps. Please NOTE that the data transfer speed will still depend on what port you are using with.The data transmission device needs to support thunderbolt 3, the data can reach 40Gbps, otherwise only the USB 3.2 transmission speed . If used in audio and video transmission, both devices must support audio and video functions. Single 5K or Dual 4K: Support Crystal Clear HD Dual Monitors at Single 5K (5120 x 2880) @ 60Hz or 4Kx2K(4096x2160) @ 60HZ video resolution.Single cable docking solution to connect a USB4 or thunderbolt Dock then drive 2 displays. More Compatibility: All TB3 devices and USB-C as well as backward compatible for USB 3.1 & 3.2 gadgets such as Macbook Pro, iMac, Alienware, Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Google Pixel, ChromeBook, Nintendo Switch, LG, Google Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X. ZTE Axon 7, Lumia 950, Dell XPS, Acer, HP, Lenovo, etc, as well as Docking Stations, Hard Drives, Peripheral Devices and e GPUs.(Not a full list) Manufacturer’s Quality Guaranteed: If anything goes wrong with your product, just feel free to contact us by email, we will send you a new replacement for free. 24- Hour Friendly Customer Service for you!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Thunderbolt Cables
A thunderbolt cable, which used to be called a light peak cable, is a type of technology for high-resolution displays on computers. It is essentially a way to move a large amount of data from once place to another, such as from your laptop to your monitor, where you want to send high-definition visuals to the monitor for viewing. Another use for the thunderbolt cable is between your camera and your laptop, where you want to download your photo files onto your computer. The thunderbolt cable can connect various devices, such as computers, docks, monitors and external graphics cards, as long as the device has a port that is compatible with the thunderbolt cable.
What makes this cable unique is that it enables you to add multiple devices to your computer through a chain of cords. This means that you have significantly improved video and audio experiences using just one cable, without slowing performance or affecting quality. Another key benefit of the thunderbolt cable is that it makes traveling with a computer much easier, since only one type of cable is required for both audio and video.
The Thunderbolt Cable Buying Guide
- When buying a thunderbolt cable, be sure to check for compatibility first and foremost. You want to ensure that the devices you’re planning to use the cable with actually have a thunderbolt port. You should also check the specifications of the cable to see whether it notes it is compatible with your devices. They will typically list the devices and models the particular cable is compatible with.
- Be sure to check the length of the cable, especially if you plan on connecting devices that are not typically close to one another, such as your laptop and a TV. Thunderbolt cables come in various lengths, such as 1 foot or 10 feet. You also want to make sure you don’t have too much extra cable because it can be difficult to fit into a small space, such as between your computer and your monitor.
- In order to make sure you have a stable data transfer from the cable, opt for one that specifies it is interference free. This means that it will block any signal fracturing or interference so you don’t have to deal with a black screen.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide