Mattel Kerplunk Marbles & Sticks Kids’ Board Game
Last updated date: September 9, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kids' Board Games and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kids' Board Game you should buy.
Update as September 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kids’ Board Games for a detailed review of all the top kids' board games.
This classic kids' board game is back with a new look. Players have to take turns removing sticks while trying to keep the marbles from falling. This game is perfect for two to four players.
In our analysis, the Mattel Mattel Kerplunk Marbles & Sticks Kids' Board Game placed 1st when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ker Plunk! is a blast from the past with a cool look and attitude! The object of the game is to skillfully remove the sticks from the tube while dropping the fewest marbles possible. The translucent tube stands upright on a base that contains four separate numbered trays. Each player selects a numbered compartment to use throughout the game, and the straws are passed through holes midway of the tube to form a lattice "web.” The marbles are then placed in the top of the tube and held in place by the web. Just set it up, start playing and watch out for marbles that go “Ker Plunk!” The players must use steady hands and a cool head to remove the sticks from below the marbles. This best game from yester-year is just as much fun today! Share your great memories or start new ones! You and your friends will have a blast playing Ker Plunk!, just don’t let the marbles fall! For 2 to 4 players.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kids' Board Games
In addition to supplying hours of entertainment, playing board games can also strengthen relationships, relieve stress and boost brain function — particularly in kids. Even the simplest board games can help young children learn how to identify colors and count spaces and practice essential etiquette like waiting your turn, following rules and good sportsmanship. Games with incorporated educational elements are also a fun way for school-age kids to work on skills they may be struggling with, like spelling, math or reading.
Meanwhile, playing strategy-centric board games can help older kids and teens develop the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex regions of the brain, which are responsible for skills like planning, organizing, problem-solving and decision-making. For adults, board games offer the opportunity to unplug from the digital world while connecting with family members and friends in a fun way.
The Kids' Board Game Buying Guide
- Board games can help kids learn how to make friends. For little ones who struggle to make conversation with others, consider purchasing one that requires verbal communication, like a guessing game.
- Since playing a board game encourages young children to practice patience and wait their turn, they can help kids increase their frustration tolerance when things don’t go their own way in the real world.
- Make family game night a regular, weekly occurrence to ensure your crew always has some screen-free bonding time on the calendar. It’s also helpful to stock your board game library with a selection of both classic and modern options to keep things interesting.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide