Matladin Extra Firm Gymnastics Carry Bag Balance Beam
Last updated date: April 11, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Floor Balance Beams and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Floor Balance Beam you should buy.
Update as May 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Floor Balance Beam for a detailed review of all the top floor balance beams.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Matladin Firm Gymnastics Balance Beam placed 7th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Searching for an at-home training device, or just a fun, easy piece of equipment to get your child active? The Matladin gymnastics beam is perfect for a variety of different skill levels
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Floor Balance Beams
Whether you’re looking to add something new to your workout routine, you need to work on some rehabilitation exercises or you have small children who are interested in gymnastics, a floor balance beam is a good buy. Balance beams help with coordination, posture and muscle strength. They can be used indoors on rainy days or outdoors when the sun is shining.
If you think your family would benefit from the addition of a floor balance beam, first determine who is going to use it. Smaller sizes that are around 4 feet in length are best for toddlers and younger children that need to practice their balance or who are just starting out in the sport of gymnastics. Older children and adults would do better with a balance beam that measures 9 feet in length.
Advanced gymnastics skills can be practiced on a beam with a high-density foam that won’t sink when stepped on. Not only does the Tumbl Trak Sectional Balance Beam offer this, but it also has Velcro connectors on each of the beam’s ends that allow a person to stick multiple beams together to extend the beam’s length.
Individuals and families that don’t like to exercise in the same spot every day will need a floor balance beam that is lightweight and portable, like the Best Choice Foam Floor Balance Beam. The beam weighs less than 4 pounds and folds in the center to become more compact. That makes it easy to transport or store when not in use.
Look for a floor balance beam that is multipurpose if you want it to do much more than just assist in gymnastics training. For example, the Airex Foam Stability Balance Board is waterproof and can be used in aqua aerobics. It also has a tear-resistant covering that makes it a great choice for outdoor workouts or physical therapy sessions.
Consider any extra features that might make one floor balance beam stand out from another. There are models with durable synthetic suede covers, as well as beams that have 16,000 no-slip gripper dots underneath to secure them to your floor. The We Sell Mats Foam Balance Beam Bar offers a choice of five bright colors, including pink, purple, lime green, blue and black.
The Floor Balance Beam Buying Guide
- Keep in mind when shopping for floor balance beams that models made from a softer foam won’t support advanced gymnastics techniques. They are more suited to younger children and beginner learners.
- Certain gymnastics moves, like leaps, jumps and walkovers, require an extended length. You may need to purchase more than one floor balance beam to achieve the required length.
- Just like any other piece of gym equipment, you’re going to need to clean your floor balance beam after each use. Bodily fluids, like sweat, can transfer to the surface of the beam and grow bacteria if not wiped away. The easiest way to clean the balance beam is to keep a container of disinfecting wipes nearby. After practicing your routine, remove a wipe or two and clean the beam. Give the beam time to air dry before using it again. If you want to save money, you can opt to make your own disinfectant at home. Pour 1 cup of water in a spray bottle. Add 1 cup of ammonia to the bottle and stir. Spray the solution on the balance beam and wipe clean with a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
- Never use bleach on your balance beam. Not only will it discolor the vinyl or suede outer layer, but it is also harsh on skin.
- Homemade balance beams can be constructed out of wood and a quality suede padding.
- Look for a balance beam that’s sturdy and built to last.
- The price of a balance beam for use at home varies greatly. Factors that affect the price include the size of the balance beam and any special features. Since the We Sell Mats Foam Balance Beam Bar and the Best Choice Foam Floor Balance Beam are more basic in design, they are among the most affordable. You’ll pay a little more for the Tumbl Trak Sectional Balance Beam, which has the addition of a synthetic suede cover. The Airex Foam Stability Balance Board commands the highest price thanks to its waterproof and tear-resistant outer layer.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide