Mama’s Great Manual Non-Slip Pads Bread Slicer
Last updated date: February 21, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bread Slicers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bread Slicer you should buy.
Update as February 21, 2023:
Checkout The Best Bread Slicer for a detailed review of all the top bread slicers.
This bread slicer is constructed using an all-natural bamboo. It's both sturdy and durable, as well as easy to clean. Home bakers will appreciate that the device is adjustable, allowing for both thin and thick bread slices.
In our analysis, the Mama's Great Mama's Great Manual Non-Slip Pads Bread Slicer placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Perfect Slice with Every Cut – Imagine fresh bread coming from your oven with a crisp crust and soft veneer. Now imagine taking your serrated bread knife and slicing perfect thin slices with every cut you make. Yes it is possible with this bread cutter. It lets you choose between 1/3″ or 1/2″ slices. Its slicing guides are 6.1″ high to handle tall loaves & have 3 width settings of 5.9″, 4.6″, 3.3″ to ensure bread loaf stays steady while you make that perfect cut. Sturdy Construction – Mama´s Great bread slicer is built to last. It´s cutting board part is built from thick bamboo and slicing guides are made of strong and durable birch plywood. Its construction is without moving parts or joints which could break easily. Instead it is built so that you can intuitively set it up in seconds and start cutting even slices without a worry of breaking it. Compact for Storage – This manual slicer won’t take up valuable kitchen space. You can easily make it ready for everyday use in seconds. When you´ve finished cutting bread, you can easily clean and pack it flat to fit in your drawer. Side panels & backstops stow conveniently beneath slicer when not in use. Unit balances on sides or ends for storage convenience. Small Details Make a Difference – While there are several bread slicers for homemade bread available, not all are created equal. With Mama´s Great bread cutting guide You can be sure every detail is thought of. Rubber pads keep it from sliding on the table. Only 2 Slice thickness settings reduce the need to move bread after every cut. 2 backstops to make that slot for slicing bagels without risk of harming you fingers. Rounded tops of slicing guides for easier knife insertion. Zero Risk Purchase – If for any reason our product doesn’t meet your expectations, simply contact our friendly customer service team for a refund or replacement. All returns are on us – so there is zero risk to try the product today!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bread Slicers
Few things taste as yummy as a loaf of fresh-baked bread. But if you’ve ever made homemade loaves or purchased unsliced bread from the bakery, you know there can be one major snag. Slicing through soft dough is not easy, even if you have the right knife.
In addition to the challenge of making clean cuts through fresh bread, there’s the issue of making sure your slices are consistent. It can be tough to get an even thickness to your slices, which can interfere with the texture and taste of a sandwich.
Enter the bread slicer. Available in a variety of styles, these gadgets make it easy to create evenly thick slices of bread that look like they came through a precision bakery. You’ll still need a good knife, of course, as the slicer just serves as a guide. But there are different types of bread slicers, and it’s important to consider the variables before you buy.
First, there’s the issue of cleanup. If you want a bread slicer you can drop into the dishwasher between uses, a plastic option might be best for you. However, bamboo bread slicers can easily be wiped clean with a damp cloth for cleanup. It’s important to look at a slicer with a crumb tray to keep the mess at a minimum to start.
Another thing to keep in mind is storage. Unless you’ll be using your bread slicer every day, you’ll probably want to store it away when you’re finished with it. Some fold up to make it easy to tuck into a drawer or cabinet. You’ll even find slicers that come with a storage bag to keep dirt and debris at bay until you’re ready to use it again. Pay close attention to the dimensions if you choose a slicer that doesn’t offer these storage features and make sure you’ll have somewhere to keep it.
The Bread Slicer Buying Guide
- If you have any experience with slicing bread, you likely know you need a special knife for the job. A serrated knife is a must, but you need one that has deep serrations. The blade will inevitably dull over time, so you’ll need a knife sharpener or whetstone to keep the steel effective.
- Once you’ve slid your bread into the slicer, pay close attention to your technique. With meats and vegetables, sharp downward thrusts are encouraged, but when you’re cutting into bread, you’ll want to use a sawing motion. This will keep you from crushing the bread, allowing it to maintain its rise.
- As delicious as fresh-baked bread can be, if you’re trying to slice it for sandwich bread, it’s best to wait until it cools. You can cut off a chunk for eating straight out of the oven, but cooling is best for slices.
- Slicers merely help you measure where to cut next. Clean cuts start with the kneading process, so if the gluten hasn’t been developed properly during the preparation process, you might find your bread doesn’t quite make the size of slices you prefer.
- Slicers can slide around on the counter while you’re working. For that reason, you’ll see many slicers come with nonskid rubber bottoms to hold them in place. This will further ensure you’re getting even slices.
- Thickness preferences can differ, even within the same household. Some slicers give you a choice between multiple sizes so that you can customize those cuts.
- Loaves of bread aren’t the only things you may want to slice. Some slicers will help you with loaf cakes, bagels and similar sliceable items.
- Bamboo wood can be a bit more high-maintenance than plastic since you’ll have to wash it by hand, but it’s also environmentally friendly and easier on your knives.
- Handy features like a knife rest can make a big difference. This will give you somewhere to keep your knife between uses.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide