Little One’s Pad Waterproof Crib Mattress Cover
Last updated date: March 25, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Crib Mattress Covers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Crib Mattress Cover you should buy.
Editor's Note March 25, 2021:
Checkout The Best Crib Mattress Cover for a detailed review of all the top crib mattress covers.
Thanks to the quilted top layer, this crib mattress cover is soft and absorbent. Underneath the quilted layer is an eco-friendly waterproof material that protects your crib mattress from diaper leaks. The elastic bands around the sides of the cover also make this model an excellent choice, as they ensure a perfect fit.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the Little One's Pad Little One's Pad Waterproof Crib Mattress Cover placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Guaranteed to fit! Designed specifically for the Pack N Play & portable crib mattress. If you have a Pack N Play, a Foldable Mattress or other Portable/Mini Crib Mattress, this crib mattress protector is a must-have! Highest quality on the market! Most crib mattress covers use thin threads, unprotected waterproof lining and cheap materials which cause them to be a poor fit, shrink, melt in the dryer and tear up after only a few washes. We use strong, reinforced threads, protected waterproof lining and top notch fibers to make this a soft but long-lasting crib mattress cover that will withstand HUNDREDS of washing & drying cycles and that will never shrink! Very absorbent and machine washable! Perfect for your baby’s sensitive skin, the soft, quilted peach microfiber fabric top absorbs any liquids almost instantly and the fully waterproof lining protects your expensive mattress, every time! (no rips or leaks even after 300+ wash/dry cycles). Ultra soft, quiet, cozy & comfortable. Our portable/mini crib mattress cover protects your mattress and makes cleaning up a breeze, but not at the expense of your baby’s comfort. Due to the carefully balanced padding (not too much, not too little), this cover provides just the right amount of support for your baby to have a restful, soothing sleep in complete comfort. Furthermore, the cover doesn’t make any crinkling sounds and it doesn’t bunch up! Quality you can trust, backed by our world class customer service, this is by far the best investment you will ever make for your little one.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Crib Mattress Covers
As you’re setting up your baby’s nursery, one of the biggest purchases you’ll make is a crib. From birth to at least the first year of your child’s life, hours will be spent on that mattress, so you’ll want it to be as safe and comfortable as possible.
One issue most parents will face with crib mattresses is moisture. Moisture can come from a variety of sources, including diaper leaks, saliva, sweat and tears. You’ll want to not only keep your baby dry throughout the night but also prevent the bacteria that can build up over time with excessive moisture.
A good mattress cover will collect that moisture while also providing a protective layer that keeps the baby above it dry. But mattress covers also help keep irritants like dust mites tucked safely inside. Over time, mattresses collect dead skin and hair, even when a baby is resting atop one, and the dust mites that result can serve as allergens to babies that are sensitive.
When looking for a crib mattress, though, safety and waterproofing aren’t the only factors to consider. You can still get those features without sacrificing comfort. Many feature quilted tops that provide an extra layer of cushioning between the baby and the mattress. This will combine comfort and safety to give both baby and parents a better night’s sleep.
The Crib Mattress Cover Buying Guide
- Pay close attention to the size of your crib mattress. Standard size is 28” x 52” but depth also matters. Many mattress covers are built to fit over a mattress that’s 6 inches thick, but you can find some with deeper pockets that can handle a mattress of up to 9 inches in height.
- As with your other bedding, you’ll need to regularly wash your mattress pad. Look for one that’s machine washable and can also be tumble dried.
- A tight mattress pad will resist moving around as your baby moves, but some can be tough to remove and put on. Look for one that has at least a little wiggle room so that you don’t have a struggle making the bed.
- Some mattress covers have a zipper that ensures every inch of the mattress is fully covered. This also makes it easier to get on and off.
- The waterproofing feature inside some mattress covers can cause it to rustle as the baby moves. That rustling can wake infants up as they sleep. Many mattress pads are labeled as “quiet” for that reason.
- You may want to keep an extra set of sheets, along with a spare mattress cover, in case your baby has an accident during the night and you need to make a quick change.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide