Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife
Last updated date: December 18, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vegetable Cleavers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vegetable Cleaver you should buy.
Update as September 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Vegetable Cleaver for a detailed review of all the top vegetable cleavers.
The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife is made from high-quality material that is rust- and stain-resistant. The cleaver has an ergonomic pakkawood handle that is comfortable to hold. Keep in mind that it should not be used for cutting tough meat.
In our analysis of 53 expert reviews, the Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
CLEAVER Imarku 7-Inch Stainless-Steel Chopper-Cleaver-Butcher Knife This is an ideal cleaver knife that can be used for multipurpose such as chopping, slicing, dicing, mincing etc. You really don’t need to change knives while cooking as it is pretty convenient. If you need to slice meat into pieces then this blade is the perfect option.The sharpness itself will allow you to cut through and it saves the hassle of butchering it with imarku sharp butcher’s knife! Tips: *This knife isn't designed for use over a hot flame or cutting frozen foods since it can become blunt and may make the blade lose its sharpness. *The knife is not designed to be washed inside a dishwasher as this may affect its effectiveness. It should be hand-washed using clean water and mild soap. *It would be unadvisable to cut wood through such cleaver as it isn’t suitable for that task and can make your hands sore. *Keep the knife in a knife block ,drawer or other similar places.When storing a knife make sure that the edge never comes into contact with other metallic objects. *The recommended cutting surfaces are wooden or plastic boards.Never use glass boards. The above recommendations will help you to enjoy the sharpness of the knife for a long time 1 Chopping Mincing Slicing Dicing Chopping Mincing 1 2 How to sharpen a knife properly First place the chefs choice knife sharpener on the platform, one hand hold the steel sharpener handle and the other with a knife. According to the degree of blunt tool, choose the following one or two steps: ①: Fine grinding: honing knives②: Coarse grinding: blunt knives③: Ceramic grinding: ceramic knives After the knife is sharpened, wipe the knife sharpener with wet cloth or rinse with water，then dry. Take out the grinder head, clean it, and then dry and store. Features and Specifications : Blade material: High Carbon stainless steel Model of stainless steel blade: 7Cr17Mov Thickness: 2.5 mm Rockwell Hardness Scale (HRC): 57±1 Handle material: Pakka wood Total Length of the knife: 12 inch Blade Lenght: 7 inch Classic Chef Knife, 8-inch Kitchen Knife Chef Knife, 10-inch Kitchen Knife Santoku Kitchen Chef Knife Fishtail Chef Knife, 8-inch Kitchen Knife 7"Nakiri chef kitchen knife Bread knife,10-Inch Serrated Bread Cake Slicer Knife Blade Length 8 inch 10 inch 7 inch 8 inch 7 inch 10 inch Total Length 13 inches 15 inches 12 inches 13 inches 12 inches 15 inches Blade Material Type 7cr17mov 4116 steel 7cr17mov 4116 steel 7cr17mov 4116 steel Handle Material Pakkawood Pakkawood Pakkawood Synthetic wood Pakkawood Pakkawood Rockwell Hardness 57±1 56±2 57±1 56±2 57±1 56±2 imarku About imarku Imarku is a professional kitchen knife brand on the block manufacturing all kinds of knives and kitchen tools.We place an emphasis on quality craftsmanship, aesthetics and detail. Imarku fastidiously crafted kitchen knives have been proudly produced for excellent performance,taking over 45 days from start to finish.The high-quality kitchen knives series are manufactured from high-carbon 7cr17mov stainless steel ,German steel with stunning beautiful yet comfortable pakkawood handle.All crafted kitchen knives are designed for professionals who include chefs, culinary experts, food caterers as well as an ordinary person,our aim is to enhance the experience of your culinary creation and have them becomes your best kitchen companion.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Vegetable Cleavers
Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or you’re working your way up to be a professional chef, knife skills are of the utmost importance. Not only do they ensure you are safe in the kitchen, they help you to make expert and efficient cuts. When honing your knife skills, be sure to find a knife that’s easy to use and comfortable to hold. Keep in mind that not all knives are good for cutting all ingredients.
When you’re working specifically with vegetables, many chefs and home cooks alike opt for the vegetable cleaver. Keep in mind that this is not the same tool you’d use to cut through meat or bone. While it may look similar, it’s actually designed differently. The difference is all in the height of the blade. Most meat cleavers have a blade that is between four and five inches. A vegetable cleaver, on the other hand, has a blade that is between two and three inches. This height makes it perfect for expert knife maneuvers while ensuring that the vegetables don’t get bruised or smashed.
One of the bonuses of having a large, flat blade is that it helps transport the vegetables you’ve chopped. After you’re done slicing and dicing, you can use the blade to carry vegetables over to your pots and pans. It’s also great for cleaning off your cutting board. You can use the sharp, wide blade to scrape off any bits and pieces you don’t need.
In addition to chopping vegetables, did you know that the vegetable cleaver has a few other purposes? It is the perfect shape and size to cut through small chicken bones. The dull side of the blade can also cut through a coconut shell. You can also use a vegetable cleaver to split a lobster shell and get to the juicy insides.
The Vegetable Cleaver Buying Guide
- When searching for the right vegetable cleaver for your kitchen, be sure to pay attention to the kind of material it’s made out of. Many chefs prefer stainless steel or a mixture of carbon and stainless steel as these will not rust. The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife is made out of a German imported stainless steel that is resistant to rust and ensures cutting performance and durability. The J.A. Henckels 7-Inch Signature Vegetable Cleaver is made out of a special formula high carbon no-stain steel. The one-piece blade offers extreme precision and stays sharper longer. The Kyocera Ceramic 6-inch Nakiri Vegetable Cleaver is made from Kyocera’s proprietary zirconia material and produced in Japan. A ceramic blade will stay sharp ten times longer than a steel blade. The TUO Cutlery Vegetable Meat Cleaver Knife is made out of high carbon German steel. It’s precisely tempered and stain-resistant.
- While the blade is of the utmost importance when searching for a high-quality vegetable cleaver, you also want to pay attention to the material and shape of the handle. The handle of a knife is what provides maneuverability, control and comfort. If the handle is not shaped well or is flimsy, you risk injuring yourself or making imperfect cuts. The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife has an ergonomic handle made out of pakkawood, which makes it comfortable to hold and maneuver. The J.A. Henckels 7-Inch Signature Vegetable Cleaver comes with an ergonomic polymer handle, which is perfectly bonded and has a full tang. The TUO Cutlery Vegetable Meat Cleaver Knife has a luxurious handle that is sourced from Africa. It’s made out of pakkawood and is easy to hold.
- Keeping your vegetable cleavers clean after use is an important element to review. Are you looking for a knife that can go in the dishwasher, or do you enjoy handwashing your knives? The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife should be cleaned using warm water and soap in the sink. On the other hand, the Kyocera Ceramic 6-inch Nakiri Vegetable Cleaver is dishwasher-safe and can be placed in the top rack.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide