HomGarden Adjustable Workout Aerobic Step-Up Platform
Last updated date: July 13, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Aerobic Exercise Steps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Aerobic Exercise Step you should buy.
Update as August 9, 2022:
Checkout The Best Step-Up Platforms for a detailed review of all the top aerobic exercise steps.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the HomGarden Adjustable Workout Aerobic Step-Up Platform placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our exercise stepper will help you work on your coordination as you improve your cardiovascular fitness. 3 different settings for more strenuous exercise,such weight loss, muscle-building and toning. Constructed of durable material, top and supports up to 550 lbs with impact resistance, can serve you for a long time. Lightweight and easy to carry, assemble and convenient to store. Challenge your workout with 3 settings of adjustable height (4”, 6”, 8”), you can raise or lower the height according to self requirements. Platform Size: 30.6″(L) X 11.4″(W) X 3.5”(H). Platform textured surface is secure, non-slip, and shock absorbing, ensure you exercise easily and safely. Also comes with four nonskid feet on each riser to prevent it from sliding during exercise and scratching floors. Ideal for workout classes, recovering from an injury, or everyday regular workout routines in the comfort of your own home, office or take it with you to your friends’ home, to help you keep fit and enjoy your aerobic exercises
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Aerobic Exercise Steps
Aerobic exercise can boost your physical health in a variety of ways. It prevents arterial stiffening as you get older, helps preserve your vascular endothelial function and reduces oxidative stress. But running and walking can feel boring to some people, and others find it tough to keep up an outdoor exercise routine in extreme weather conditions.
There are a variety of aerobic exercises you can do at home, along with video-based exercise classes that let you follow along. By adding a few small, affordable tools like hand weights and resistance bands, you can take your home workout to the next level.
One valuable tool is the step-up platform. Made from plastic, these tools rest on your floor, giving you a slight incline. Most have at least two separate heights, with leg extensions you remove and attach when you need to adjust your workout. This can help you gradually increase the intensity of your exercise routine, preventing those plateaus that happen as your body adjusts to your new activity level.
Another benefit of step-up platforms is that they force you to work different leg muscles. The effort to move your body weight even a few inches works leg muscles you don’t use while doing ground-level exercises. You may find your calf and thigh muscles have a little more tone after you’ve used a step-up platform for a while.
Step-up platforms aren’t just for the lower body. Some use the stepper as a tool for upper body workouts. You can give yourself a little extra elevation while doing pushups. You can also place your feet on them and head on the floor to take your core exercises to the next level.
You can also use the stepper for lunges to work out your glutes, as well as muscles of your leg that can be neglected in some aerobic routines.
The Aerobic Exercise Step Buying Guide
- Most step-up platforms can adjust between different heights. Four inches and six inches are the most common options, but you can find step-up platforms that go all the way up to eight inches for an extra level of challenge.
- Step-up platforms come in a variety of colors. If you want to make a statement in your home gym or workout classes, go for one that’s bold and bright. But you might opt for one in a more neutral color like black or gray so that it blends with your room décor.
- Most step-up platforms are designed specifically to resist damaging flooring. If you have floors that can be susceptible to scratches, look for a platform with legs designed not to damage floors, or purchase a mat to use beneath it.
- If you won’t be following along with a video, shop for a step-up platform that comes with exercises that will get you started. You can also find workout suggestions online.
- Plastic is the most common material for step-up platforms. Look for one made from sturdy, durable plastic like polyethylene if you want a stepper that will last a while.
- Steppers have a weight limit to provide the stability you expect. This weight capacity should be listed on the product.
- For those who are eco-conscious, look for step-up platforms built with recyclable materials.
- If you plan to use your step-up platform for upper-body workouts, pay close attention to the nonskid surface on top. While this can help with stability while stepping, you won’t feel the ridges through the soles of your shoes like you will with your bare hands. Those ridges can make upper-body workouts painful.
- Step-up platforms can be portable, allowing you to take them to class or a friend’s house for a fun workout session. But you’ll want one that’s lightweight enough to carry without sacrificing stability during your workout. It can be tough to strike that balance.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide