FORTNIGHT BEDDING CertiPUR-US Certified Foam RV Mattress, 4-Inch
Last updated date: July 26, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top RV Mattresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best RV Mattress you should buy.
Update as July 21, 2021:
Checkout The Best RV Mattress for a detailed review of all the top rv mattresses.
When traveling, you'll want to go with this 4-inch RV mattress. It's designed to fold up when not in use, without losing its structure. The mattress is also free of harmful chemicals and constructed using a durable stitch-bond fabric that will hold it together for many years to come.
In our analysis, the FORTNIGHT BEDDING FORTNIGHT BEDDING CertiPUR-US Certified RV Mattress, 4-Inch placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Treat your guests to a heavenly snooze with this 4x30x74 inch foam mattress. Our durable, flexible mattress provides all the support and comfort needed for a good night’s rest, while being lightweight and firm. This 4 inch foam mattress is perfect for cots, daybeds, guest beds, roll out trundles, RV bunks, futons, on top of a frame extender, camping, or even for on the floor sleepovers! Made with 3 pounds of high density foam, this Fortnight mattress, has a firm feel that is not too hard and not too soft! For your safety, our foam is always made in the US and is CertiPur-US certified, so it contains no PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP ("Tris") flame retardants, ozone depleters, mercury, formaldehyde, lead and heavy metals. Why Foam?: Foam mattresses are known for their supportive construction. Being firmer than a traditional mattress, they are suitable for those who suffer from back pain and other related issues. A soft mattress will provide no support and can make you feel uncomfortable. If you’re looking to avoid the “sunk in” feeling of a memory foam mattress, the compact construction of this foam mattress will bounce back after applying pressure. Before Ordering: Accurate measurements of your bed frame are vital to ensure your new mattress fits precisely. The firm structure of our high-density foam mattresses are perfect for those with a heavier build. We recommend that those who have a heavier build purchase a 4 inch or thicker mattress to ensure the most restful and comfortable sleep is achievable. Setup: Mattress comes conveniently right to your door in a box! They are compressed and rolled in a box so it’s easy to transport and set up. After your mattress arrives, simply remove it from the box and remove the plastic, being careful not to cut into the mattress. Allow 24-48 hours for your new mattress to decompress and return to its original plush shape.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On RV Mattresses
When you buy a recreational vehicle, it will likely come with a mattress, but you’ll quickly realize it’s not the best one you can sleep on. Fortunately, it’s easier than ever to upgrade your RV’s mattress with an affordable option you can order online.
But tracking down the right RV mattress can be challenging. There are some differences between the mattress you’d want for a bed in your home and one you’d want for an RV bed. For one thing, RV mattresses are shorter than their household counterparts. RV mattress sizes are fairly standard, but it’s always best to measure your existing mattress to make sure you’re getting the right fit.
The most important consideration will be comfort, though. You can easily find a mattress as comfortable as the one at home, but you’ll need to rely on the latest technology. Most mattresses these days use standard memory foam or gel-infused memory foam, rather than the traditional innerspring coils that once dominated the mattress industry.
Even with memory foam, though, one size doesn’t fit all. Look at how the mattress is constructed, including the thickness of each layer. Some offer a supportive core beneath all that memory foam to ensure you’re not only comfortable, but that you also have support for your body while you sleep.
The RV Mattress Buying Guide
- If you purchase a boxed mattress, opening it inside the RV will save you the trouble of having to move it once it’s fully expanded.
- Boxed mattresses can take up to 72 hours to expand to their full size, so make sure you plan ahead if you have a trip coming up.
- When it comes to the foam layers in a mattress, more really is more. At least three layers are recommended to get the right combination of support and comfort.
- If you tend to sleep hot, look for a mattress with cooling properties. Cooling gel foams and convoluted foams are ideal for this.
- If you’re putting your RV mattress directly on the base of your bed, make sure it’s not designed specifically for use with box springs.
- Some RV mattresses have covers designed to either make them easy to clean or to resist slippage. You can also find mattresses with covers that are removable to make them easy to wash when your trip is over.
- When you aren’t using your mattress, it’s best to take all bedding off and leave it uncovered, especially if you live in an area with high humidity. This will help keep moisture from building up in the mattress.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide