Eutuxia Dolsot Ttukbaegi Korean Cooking Stone Bowl
Last updated date: May 29, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Korean Cooking Stone Bowls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Korean Cooking Stone Bowl you should buy.
Editor's Note May 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Korean Cooking Stone Bowl for a detailed review of all the top korean cooking stone bowls.
Thanks to the built-in cross at the bottom of this Korean cooking stone bowl, it won't slip when being cooked on a gas stovetop. The bowl's ceramic stone construction keeps food hot long after you remove it from the stove. At the end of the meal, you can set the bowl in the dishwasher for easy clean up.
In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the Eutuxia Eutuxia Dolsot Ttukbaegi Korean Cooking Stone Bowl placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
EUTUXIA DOLSOT: Stone Bowl with Trivet Tray. Stone pot (Stone Bowl, Dolsot) are popular in Korea. This is safe to use on the stove top or in the oven. It is commonly used to make the dish dolsot bibimbap, rice, and stew. Preparing the pot is just as crucial as preparing the ingredients, as it can keep it from cracking or splitting during the cooking process. As Dolsot does not get cool easily after taking it out of the stove, you can enjoy your warm dish until you have the last bite! Dolsot, Bibimbap, of Course! This is essential for making Dolsot Bibimbap, which is mixed rice and vegetables in a hot stone bowl. It’s impressive for guests when I bring this to the table, full of stew and sizzling, or with hot, steamy rice. It can be served in a seemingly hot stone bowl, making it crisp and maintain the colorful ingredients. Enjoy! Features: Premium stoneware (ceramics) made from fine clay. Safe to use on stovetop, in ovens and microwaves. Easy to maintain, and more sanitary. Dishwasher safe. Long-lasting compared to bowls made with natural stone. Perfect for creating sizzling bibimbaps and serving stews or soups hot and delicious. Black plastic trivet coaster, included.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Korean Cooking Stone Bowls
Because Korean cooking stone bowls are porous, they are able to retain heat for an extended period of time. This is an especially welcome quality during the cold winter months, as food tends to cool off much more quickly. In addition to traditional Korean dishes, these bowls work extremely well at cooking soups, stews, rice and even casseroles.
If you’re in the market for a Korean cooking stone bowl, check the construction of the dish first. You want the bowl to be free of lead and any harmful toxins. Many of these bowls are made from a premium ceramic stone that comes from a fine clay that has been glaze-fired twice. Then there are those, like the Spiceberry Home Large Korean Cooking Stone Bowl, 1-Quart, which have a more elegant appeal to them, as they are forged from granite.
Check that the Korean cooking stone bowl comes with a trivet. This is extremely important, as the bowl will be too hot to set down on a table or kitchen countertop. The Angoo Premium Ceramic Korean Stone Bowl comes with a complimentary silicone mat. Other models are available with wooden trivets that have a rustic look to them or plastic trivets that are designed to resemble the bowl.
Flip the bowl upside down and look for an anti-slip bottom if the bowl is listed as being safe to use on the stove. For example, the Eutuxia Dolsot Ttukbaegi Korean Cooking Stone Bowl has built-in cross cutouts that allow the bowl to rest perfectly on the stove’s grates. You don’t want to risk the bowl sliding around and falling off the grate, causing a big spill.
Keep an eye out for any extra features, such as the addition of a lid or a complementary set of cooking gloves. The Crazy Korean Korean Cooking Stone Bowl comes in an attractive gift box that makes it an excellent wedding or housewarming gift. It’s even available in three different sizes with or without a lid.
The Korean Cooking Stone Bowl Buying Guide
- Stone bowls crack when exposed to sudden temperature changes. Take care not to place cold water inside the bowl until it has completely cooled off.
- Some natural stone bowls require the consumer to season them before use. It is important to note that the stone may turn a darker color after seasoning. This is completely normal.
- Always read the Korean cooking stone bowl’s product care guide carefully, as most of these bowls require a great deal of maintenance. For example, you may be required to cook your pot inside a larger pot of saltwater for an hour before you use it. Other models need to be seasoned with an oil, like sesame oil, before you cook your first meal in them.
- When heating up your Korean cooking stone bowl, you must do so gradually. This is especially important the first few times you use the pot. A few cracks, even when using the bowl correctly, are common. You can coat the cracks with oil to prevent any sauces from seeping through.
- Be careful when handling the stone bowl after you’ve cooked a meal in it. It will hold heat for as long as two hours after you have removed it from the oven. You don’t want to grab the bowl and end up getting burned.
- Pay attention to the Korean cooking stone bowl’s cleaning instructions. Some are listed as safe to place in the dishwasher, while others must be washed by hand.
- Korean cooking stone bowls are available for purchase at several different price points. The Crazy Korean Korean Cooking Stone Bowl is among the most affordable, as it doesn’t come with a lid. Both, the Angoo Premium Ceramic Korean Stone Bowl and the Eutuxia Dolsot Ttukbaegi Korean Cooking Stone Bowl are moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Spiceberry Home Large Korean Cooking Stone Bowl, 1-Quart, which is larger in size, includes a lid and is made out of an attractive granite.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide