Etekcity Bluetooth Digital Body Fat Scale
Last updated date: December 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Body Fat Monitors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Body Fat Monitor you should buy.
In our analysis of 59 expert reviews, the Etekcity Etekcity Bluetooth Digital Body Fat Scale placed 8th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Body Fat Monitor for a detailed review of all the top body fat monitors.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Etekcity Smart Scale is your healthy assistant, which can measure 13 body metrics to show on Vesync Fit APP and can also sync with Fitness APP. Bluetooth scale supports you and your family to share one scale to manage health metrics and improve health condition. Keep you and your family healthy. Features: Sync with Fitness APP like Apple Health, Google Fit, Fitbit APP Sync 13 measuring health metrics Support multiple users to share one digital scale to record their own data on APP Connect Vesync Fit wireless Bluetooth scale via Bluetooth 4.0 Support for Android 4.3, IOS 8.0 or above smart phones Measure Range: Body Weight, Body Fat %, BMI, Fat-free Body Weight, Subcutaneous Fat, Visceral Fat, Body Water %, Skeletal Muscle, Muscle Mass, Bone Mass, Protein, BMR, Metabolic Age Specifications: Weight unit: lb / kg / st (Switch the unit via Vesync Fit App) Weight Capacity:400lb (180kg) Division: 0.2lb / 0.05kg Display: LED Backlight Product size: 12.2” x 12.2” x 1.0” Batteries: 3 x 1.5V AAA Note: 1.Please input your personal information accurately on APP to ensure measuring results accurate. 2. For best accuracy, please lay the digital bathroom scale on hard and flat surface, and stand on the central area. Avoid carpet or soft surface. 3.Use the weight scale while barefoot. The weighing scale cannot measure body fat percentage if you wear shoes or socks. 4.Body Fat Percentage measurement is intended for users between 10 and 80 years old. 5.This body scale is just for family daily use and should not be used as medical usage. You should consult a professional doctor when undertaking any diet or exercise program.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Body Fat Monitors
Whether you’re interested in losing weight or you simply want to strive for optimal health, a body fat monitor is an excellent tool, as it provides a wealth of information. You can share the measurements with your family doctor and create a plan to improve your overall numbers. The readings also provide accountability and encouragement, which will motivate you to keep up the good work.
As you browse the available body fat monitors on the market, you’ll want to carefully examine the features to ensure the scale has exactly what you need. Checking the weight capacity should be the first thing you do, as some models only go up to 300 pounds, while others are capable of measuring as high as 400 pounds.
Next, review the health apps you have on your phone. Check these against the body monitor’s product packaging to ensure they are compatible. Most monitors can be synced with certain health apps. For example, the REDOVER Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale works with Fitbit, Google Fit and Apple Health.
Talk with the members of your family to determine how many of them are interested in using the body fat monitor. Some models allow for just one profile, models that offer between four and eight profiles and models that have no limit on the number of profiles you can create. There are even monitors that permit users to share data with family and friends who don’t live in the home.
Consider the number of measurements the baby fat monitor can assess. Some units only provide seven measurements, but others, like the RENPHO Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale, have a total of 13. Body fat, visceral fat, weight, BMI, skeletal muscle, resting metabolism and body age are just a few of the measurements most monitors are equipped to report.
Determine how the body fat monitor works. Some simply require you to stand on a scale. The Omron Body Composition Monitor with Scale is a bit different. With this model, users must hold a bar that is attached to the scale while an electrical current passes from their hands to their feet.
Look for any extras that the body fat monitor may have to offer. The Withings Smart Body Composition Wi-Fi Digital Scale has a host of extras, such as a pregnancy tracker, a baby mode for measuring younger children, a nutrition tracker and a weather forecast.
DYWM Fun Fact
Traditional bathroom scales are limited to only revealing a person’s weight, but to get a good look at the overall health of the human body, many other measurements must be considered. That’s where body fat monitors come in. They take a track many different measurements over the course of a period of time, such as 90 days. Here are the most common measurements body fat monitors are equipped to report on:
- BMI: BMI is short for body mass index and it takes into consideration your height as well as your weight.
- Resting metabolic rate: This measurement reveals how much energy your body uses when resting, like when you’re sitting or lying down.
- Body fat percentage: When a person’s body fat percentage is higher than the set limit for their gender, risks for things like cardiovascular disease are increased.
- Muscle mass: Since muscles burn energy and fat, it’s helpful to review this measurement. A higher muscle mass means your body is able to burn those calories at a much faster rate.
- Body age: A person’s body age can give them a quick snapshot as to their overall health. It takes into consideration your physical condition as well as your lifestyle (how active you are). A body age that is younger than your birth age is ideal.
The Body Fat Monitor Buying Guide
- Body fat monitors are never meant to replace physicals and health assessments with your family physician. You can share the information you glean from the monitor with your doctor, but your doctor will know you and your body best, so always follow his or her advice.
- Setting up more than one profile with certain body fat monitors may be confusing for some. Expect a slight learning curve as you set up and begin using the monitor and its many features.
- Some reviewers report a slight fluctuation in weight readings, so you may want to get on the scale a few times to make sure it is accurate.
- Batteries may not be included with the purchase. Additionally, some monitors have a short battery life, so it might be best to stock up on extra batteries.
- Bring your cell phone close to the body fat monitor when you’re ready to transfer information from your apps.
- Not all fitness apps are compatible with all body fat monitors. Make sure you check the monitor’s product label to determine whether your fitness app is supported or not.
- For accuracy, the baby monitor must be placed on a flat surface.
- Readings are best taken first thing in the morning before eating breakfast or taking a shower. If you need to get a reading during the day, wait at least two hours after eating to get on the monitor.
- Individuals who have a pacemaker implanted medical device or who are pregnant should not use body fat monitors that have an electrical current.
- Before purchasing a body fat monitor, check the company’s customer service rating. You want to be able to call for help if the product’s instruction manual is difficult to understand.
- The cost of body fat monitors varies based on the type of features it offers. The RENPHO Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale and the REDOVER Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale are on the lower end of the price scale, as they have the basic features you’ll find in most models. The Omron Body Composition Monitor with Scale and the Withings Smart Body Composition Wi-Fi Digital Scale are a little pricier. This is because the Omron uses a unique bioelectrical impedance method to get accurate readings and the Withings includes a pregnancy tracker and a baby mode for monitoring small children.