Ellies Best Pro Quality Nut Milk Bag
Last updated date: October 15, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Nut Bags and dug through the reviews from 11 of the most popular review sites including The Finest Kitchen, Top Best Review, Heal With Food, BestReviews, BuzzFeed, Juice Buff, Benefits of Juicing, Breves Defilles, Joyos Reviews, Cold Brew Queen and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nut Bag you should buy.
This nut milk bag is designed to prevent countertop spills. You can fill it with plenty of pulp without worrying about overflow. It's made from commercial-quality materials that are built to last. This was easy to clean and intuitive to use. In our analysis of 49 expert reviews, the Ellies Best Ellies Best Pro Quality Nut Milk Bag placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 15, 2019:
Checkout The Best Nut Bag for a detailed review of all the top nut bags.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Ellie's Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag is the perfect strainer for juices, kefir, home made almond milk, coconut milk, ghee, vegetable or fruit juices, all smooth, creamy and delicious. Use for cold brew coffee filter – iced tea maker – beer home brewing – cheese makers - A Fine Mesh Strainer For Vitamix Juicing Without A Juicer - Become a perfect almond milk maker every time, no double straining ever! -Eco Friendly With No Dyes or Chemical Additives of Any Kind & No Pulp Residue Left After Washing - The Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag is double the capacity of most & made to fit over pitcher mouths, medium bowls & large jars for easy pouring unlike small, messy bags - Rounded corners for easy milking and fast clean up - The perfect size mesh only lets the milk & nutrients through, ensuring smooth & delicious nut milks - NO GRAINY PULP - just thick, rich & nutritious milk - All food grade nylon materials made to last & last.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nut Bags
Moo-ve over, cow’s milk: nut milks are on the market and here to stay. Milk made from almonds, cashews and coconuts are lining grocery store shelves. They’re must-haves for shoppers with dietary restrictions, milk allergies, vegans or anyone looking for new flavors. The only issue? They’re pricier than cow’s milk, and that adds up.
Luckily, you can make your own nut-based milk at home with the help of a nut bag. Nut bags are fabric pouches that help you strain raw nut milk, removing pulp and creating a smoother, creamier nut milk. Using a nut bag will give your milk a texture that’s closer to traditional milk, and you can use the leftover pulp for other cooking projects.
Nut bags are an inexpensive way to create your own fresh non-dairy milk at home. Making nut milk at home is simple. Purchase a bulk amount of your preferred nut, soak them in water for several hours, then pop the nuts in a blender. Use your nut bag to strain the mixture for a delicious result.
Most nut bags are made from nylon mesh. This sturdy material is stretch-resistant, easy to clean and won’t hang onto odors. They come in various sizes for both small and large batches of nut milk.
DYWM Fun Fact
Dairy-free milk alternatives have boomed in popularity over the last decade, but they’ve been around for centuries. Almonds are native to the Middle East, and the first mention of almond milk is in a cookbook from Iraq during the 1200s.
Almond milk was also one of the few foods that Catholics were allowed to consume during Lent. Cookbooks from the Middle Ages list almond milk as an acceptable food to eat on fasting days, along with pea purees and fish stock.
The Nut Bag Buying Guide
- Nut bags grant you a great deal of freedom in making your own types of milk. Almonds are a go-to for nut milk, but you can also use cashews, coconut or hazelnuts.
- If you’re using larger nuts or making a bigger batch of nut milk, make sure you have a larger nut bag on hand. Using the wrong size can cause a messy overflow of nut pulp.
- The toughest nut bags are made from nylon mesh, but organic cotton bags are also available. Cotton bags are perfect for anyone sticking to a fully organic lifestyle.
- Your nut milk will have a smoother texture if you use the proper technique while straining. Instead of twisting the bag and wringing out the liquid, let the pulp sit at the bottom of the nut bag. Then pull the drawstring closed and slowly squeeze from the top down until only pulp is left in the bag.
- Clean your nut bag as soon as you buy it, and clean it again after every use. Wash the outside of the bag with fragrance-free organic or natural soap, then flip it inside out and wash the inside. Rinse the bag with running water until it’s completely soap-free.
- To remove odors from your nut bag, soak it in a mixture of vinegar and water. This solution will also sanitize your nut bag.