Columbia Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow
Last updated date: June 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cooling Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cooling Pillow you should buy.
Update as June 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Cooling Pillow for a detailed review of all the top cooling pillows.
The bottom section of this comfortable, medium-firm pillow uses Omni-Freeze technology to help you regulate your body temperature. The top of the pillow has Omni-Wick, which removes moisture to keep you dry. Touch-activated gel delivers cooling power where you need it, when you need it.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Columbia Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Specially Designed With Extreme Cooling Technology. Our advanced dual side memory foam pillow has a breathing pillow side for maximum air circulation and a stay cool pillow side that activates instantly thanks to the ultimate cooling gel, giving you the most restful, cool and cuddly sleep of your life. Omni-Freeze Keeps You Cool. The bottom of the breathable pillow stays cool and very comfortable all night long, thanks to our unique Omni-Freeze technology, for a perfectly tempered, cool and restful sleep like on clouds. Omni-Wick Keeps You Dry. The top of the breathable pillow removes moisture reliably, thanks to Omni-Wick technology, which allows perspiration to evaporate easily, for a breathable, cool and amazing sleep experience. Supportive Memory Foam Cooling Gel Pillow. Our medium-firm pillow quickly bounces back for a supportive and stabilizing effect, gently supports neck and shoulders and is also perfect for side, stomach and back sleepers, you will love our neck support pillow! 5 Years Manufacturer's Warranty. We are sure that you will love our premium quality bed pillow. However, if you are not 100% satisfied, you can always contact us, and we will work with you to find a perfect solution, as customer satisfaction is our highest priority.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cooling Pillows
Body temperature can be tough to regulate at night, as your body shifts temperatures to manage your sleep cycle. When you first drift off to sleep, your core temperature drops to help you rest. But as morning approaches, your body starts to warm up to prepare you for waking. These fluctuations can cause restlessness and discomfort for some people.
Recognizing this, manufacturers have come up with bedding that provides a cooling effect. You’ve probably already heard about mattresses with cooling gel built in. That same technology has also been applied to pillows.
A cooling pillow provides extra airflow and prevents the retention of heat. But it’s important to choose one that also supports your head and neck throughout the night. This can help prevent those body aches that happen when you wake up after a long night of sleeping with poor support.
Some cooling pillows use shredded memory foam to keep you cool. Shredded foam shifts to provide support where you need it. For stomach and side sleepers, this is especially important because it can flatten to accommodate your position. Some pillows even let you remove and add foam to find the exact comfort fit that works for you.
The Cooling Pillow Buying Guide
- Cooling pillows use a variety of designs to provide relief. One setup allows air to move freely throughout the filling. But many also infuse the inner part with cooling gel. The gel helps to promote airflow and also absorbs heat from the sleeper.
- The cover also plays a role in your pillow’s cooling abilities. Look for one that can help wick moisture from your skin. If you suffer from sensitivities, you can also find pillows with hypoallergenic covers.
- Pillows can easily start to take a specific shape over time. Look for one that can hold its shape even after you’ve been sleeping on it for years.
- Some pillows have removable covers, which can come in handy when it comes time to clean them. Simply toss the covers in the washing machine.
- Pillows come in different sizes: standard, queen and king.. You don’t necessarily need king pillows for a king bed. Go with your own personal preference.
- Even cooling pillows can absorb heat during the night and become less cool by morning. For best results, knock the air conditioning down a couple of notches and consider sleeping with a fan in the room. This will help the cooling technologies do their work.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide