Chicago Metallic Non-Stick Popover Pan
Last updated date: July 26, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Popover Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Popover Pan you should buy.
Update as July 26, 2021:
Checkout The Best Popover Pans for a detailed review of all the top popover pans.
This popover pan has superior heat conduction required for these baked goods. Each cup measures 2.5 inches by 2 inches. The pan can also be used for Yorkshire puddings or muffins.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the Chicago Metallic Non-Stick Popover Pan placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
To create true popovers, this is the pan for you. The cups are designed so that as popovers bake, rise, and "pop over" just like in the bakery, they won't spread into the others in the pan. Deep tapered cups promote even baking and better air circulation. The pan is also great for making muffins and cornbread. Oven safe to 450°F / 232°C; not intended to be used under the broiler. Sharp-edged utensils and knives should not be used. At Chicago Metallic, we believe that serious baking requires serious bakeware. That’s why we’ve been crafting innovative equipment, for professionals and serious home bakers, for over 100 years. We’ve built a global reputation one kitchen at a time. People know our products are built for durability and can be depended on year after year. We’re proud to offer three distinct lines of premium bakeware plus stylish, innovative specialty bakeware and baking essentials. The Chicago Metallic Professional line of bakeware makes cooking and baking a delight. The non-stick surface easily releases each recipe and makes clean-up effortless. It’s the preferred choice of bakers who understand quality and design, but also want professional-grade durability. Regular muffin tins can't make a perfect popover, the classic American pastry that requires just the right heat circulation to inflate and pop over without overcrowding. Chicago Metallic has engineered this pan to ensure that every popover gets a big rise. Each 2-1/4-by-2-inch cup is suspended from crossbars and has an extra-wide lip so popovers can spread out and up. Properly puffed, popovers are a quick breakfast indulgence with butter and jam, or a savory surprise for dinner when stuffed with a mushroom filling. This pan is made from the same professional-quality steel and nonstick coating as Chicago Metallic's full line of bakeware, which is designed for the home cook who has high standards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Popover Pans
Do you long to make delicious, bakery-quality muffin-shaped popovers at home? These delicate goodies require perfect conditions in order to pop and puff up into airy delights. With the right popover pan, you can create these yummy, glutenous sides that are a crusty golden brown on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.
Typically, popover pans have individual cups, much like a muffin tin. However, they have a narrower bottom and are usually higher than a muffin tin as well. This is because the popover needs room for the steam so that it can help expand the top of the popover.
To get the best crust on your popovers, you need a pan that is made from dark metal. Avoid silicone popover pans because they don’t conduct heat as effectively as metal. Many popover pans are made from non-stick metal. While this certainly makes it easier to clean the tray after use, it’s still better to grease the tin, even if it is made from a non-stick material. Popovers cook on a high heat, and this temperature can sometimes affect the longevity of the non-stick coating.
The Popover Pan Buying Guide
- The slots in popover pans are much deeper than those in regular baking trays for cupcakes or muffins. In addition, once the popover rises, it exceeds the top of the tray to gain further height. This means that before you turn on the oven, you should remove any racks that will get in the way of the popover rising to its full height. You may need to remove the top rack so that the tray can sit on the bottom rack. This way, there will be plenty of room for the popovers to rise.
- Popover pans come in different sizes with varying numbers of cups. You can find pans with between six and 24 wells, so consider how many you will be making at one time.
- Although the wells of a popover pan are a different shape than a traditional muffin tin, you can still use these pans for making muffins. Popover pans are also great for Yorkshire puddings and cupcakes.
- To clean a popover pan, use a paper towel to wipe off any stuck-on batter. Then, wash it with a mild soap and water. Some popover pans are dishwasher-safe, but you’ll want to check the care instructions before putting a popover pan in the dishwasher.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide