Checkered Chef Wire Stainless Steel Smoker Rack
Last updated: October 11, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Smoker Racks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Smoker Rack you should buy.
The solid stainless steel construction of this smoker rack means it's designed to last. The set includes two racks that each measure 8 by 11 3/4 inches. They can be used for everything from smoking beef jerky to cooling a dozen chocolate chip cookies.In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Checkered Chef Wire Stainless Steel Smoker Rack placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Oven Safe: The solid stainless steel construction of our wire rack set makes them perfect for cooking and cooling. Talk about the full package! Great Size: At 8” x 11 ¾, this oven rack set will fit in most standard ovens and cookware sheets. You can slide them over your pan to elevate your food from fat and grease for a healthier meal. No Warp: A master chef needs a sturdy baking rack! With our durable cooling racks for cooking and baking, you won’t have to worry about warping and wobbling. Grid Design: No more cookies sliding through the gaps! Our cooking rack set has a perfectly spaced grid pattern to allow for airflow without anything falling through. Fast Cleaning: Easy to use, easier to wash! Get to your goods faster by simply popping these baking cooling racks in the dishwasher when you’re all done.
Smoker Rack Rankings
One way to enjoy your backyard with friends and family is by grilling out. When grilling out, you want to have space and time to make the best food. With a smoker rack, you can take your cookout to the next level. Smoker racks have the ability to hold a lot of meat saving you space so you are able to cook more on your grill.
A lot of racks also have room for vegetables or a drip pan that catches any juices from your roasting meat. With these juices, you can create gravy, sauce or even soup.
With a lot of racks, they come with multiple different features. Some features to look for are stainless steel options. Stainless steel is best because it allows you to wash them in your dishwasher without worry.
A good quality stainless steel rack will be with you for years to come. You should also look for a rack that is non-stick so you do not have to worry about scrubbing any meat or vegetables off.
Other key features would be looking for a rack that not only smokes but has other cooking options. Some models come with a beer can vertical roaster, jalapeno popper grilling rack, smoker box, flat skewer rack trey and an elevated grilling rack.
Many racks focus on chicken legs or thighs, but you cannot forget about ribs. Rib racks should hold ribs upright and allow for air to flow evenly while cooking. You should not have to flip anything while it is cooking. Your rack should be durable and big enough for your needs. A good option is a non-stick rib rack that has four rib racks and is made for slow cooking.
- Start grilling with your smoker racks low and slow. This means take your time, start on a lower heat setting and let the meat take in the flavors. This is not the time to rush.
- Know the difference in the smoke you see. Black smoke is bad, white smoke is good. White smoke means your grill is doing its job, black smoke can lead to off-tasting meat and vegetables.
- Be safe! Never leave your grill unattended. It can be easy to do so because grilling out is relatively low pressure, especially with a smoker rack helping you. But you need to remain safe and keep your eye on the prize!
- Know when to stop. You do not want your meat or veggies overdone or too smokey. A little bit goes a long way.
- Get to know your meat. Not all meat will smoke the same. Some might need more time, some might need less. It might take you a few tries to get it just right (or maybe you are already an expert!).
- Always make sure to start with a clean grill. You do not want last week’s flavors to seep into tonight’s. A clean grill lets you start from scratch so you can make the most out of your vegetables or meat.
- Do not move the food around. Smoker racks are made to cook your food evenly without having to worry about flipping. Just let it sit and do its job.
- Try not to squeeze or flatten your meat. It can be tempting to do this as you might think it will help you cook faster, but you will be squeezing the juice right out of your meat.
- Buy a meat thermometer. Some meats can be tricky to see when they are done. A meat thermometer will make it so your meat is cooked to perfection.
- Rest your meat. Try not to serve right away. Allowing the meat to sit for five to 15 minutes after cooking allows the juices to redistribute.