CariFree CTx3 pH Neutralization Sodium Fluoride Mouthwash
Last updated date: March 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fluoride Mouthwashes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fluoride Mouthwash you should buy.
Update as March 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Fluoride Mouthwash for a detailed review of all the top fluoride mouthwashes.
This fluoride mouthwash is a must-have product when planning your oral health routine. It's recommended by dentists and does an excellent job of reducing your risk of developing cavities. As an added bonus, it also protects your enamel to keep your teeth nice and strong.
In our analysis, the CariFree CariFree CTx3 pH Neutralization Sodium Fluoride Mouthwash placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WIN THE BATTLE AGAINST TOOTH DECAY: Do you ever wonder why some of us continue to get cavities despite meticulous oral hygiene, whereas others who rarely brush and floss do not? The risk of cavities varies from person to person and is based on eating and drinking habits, hygiene (brushing and flossing), saliva flow, as well as other factors. PROTECT YOUR ENAMEL: The CariFree CTx3 Rinse contains 0.05% sodium fluoride, which helps prevent tooth decay and white spots. Evidence shows that fluoride strengthens your teeth and aids in the prevention of dental cavities. NEUTRALIZE pH: Studies suggest that decay is a function of low pH. Maintaining an elevated or neutral pH balance helps to keep your tooth enamel and smile healthy. The CariFree CTx3 Rinse is alcohol-free and contains patented pH+ technology to elevate the pH in your mouth, keeping it balanced. U.S. Patent No. 9,427,384 & 10,143,633. FORMULATED WITH XYLITOL: The CTx3 Rinse contains 25% xylitol! Xylitol is a naturally occurring, sweet-tasting ingredient found in many types of plants. Research shows that regular use of xylitol-rich products may reduce your risk of dental cavities. DENTIST-RECOMMENDED MOUTHWASH: Maintaining proper dental hygiene and cavity prevention is essential to a happy and healthy smile! The dentist recommended CTx3 Rinse fluoride mouthwash actively works to prevent cavities, freshen breath, and elevate pH.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fluoride Mouthwashes
Using mouthwash works along with flossing and brushing to keep your mouth clean and freshen your breath. If you’re looking for a type of mouthwash that can also help make your teeth and gums stronger, fluoride mouthwash serves as a good option. Your dentist might even recommend it, depending on the condition of your teeth and concerns you have.
This type of mouthwash contains the ingredient fluoride, which you’ll usually find in your toothpaste. However, when you buy over-the-counter products, you’ll find that the fluoride is at a lower level than the toothpaste or professional mouth rinses that your dental hygienist uses.
When shopping for fluoride mouthwash, you’ll come across options with and without alcohol. Both types will work to strengthen teeth, and some have ingredients that kill bacteria in your mouth too. However, alcohol-free mouthwashes can be gentler on your mouth than alcohol options. On the other hand, alcohol mouthwashes can do a better job killing bacteria but may dry out your mouth, so they can be less comfortable to use.
You can find fluoride mouthwash in a variety of flavors and colors. Many brands offer mild and strong mint options, but you can also find fruity flavors and even bubblegum options. While many fluoride mouthwashes come in colors to match the flavor, you can find dye-free versions with a milder taste. Dye-free fluoride mouthwashes often include only natural ingredients and can work well if you have sensitivities.
Be sure to check whether a bottle of fluoride mouthwash you’re considering has the American Dental Association seal of approval. The “ADA Accepted” label on the bottle indicates the mouthwash is both effective and safe to use.
The Fluoride Mouthwash Buying Guide
- To give the fluoride mouthwash time to do its work, try to wait half an hour before you drink or eat anything.
- Using a fluoride mouthwash is just one part of your oral hygiene routine, so continue flossing and brushing regularly.
- Make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions before using a new mouthwash since the amount you’ll use and the length of time to swish the product around your mouth can vary by brand.
- Consider talking to your dentist before you start using a fluoride mouthwash in response to any dental problems you have. They might recommend a prescription mouthwash or dental treatment instead.
- Avoid swallowing fluoride mouthwash since there could be ingredients in it that will make you ill when digested. Check the product’s label for instructions on how to handle accidental swallowing, especially if a child is using the mouthwash.
- For best results, brush and floss before you use your fluoride mouthwash. Since your teeth will be clean, the mouthwash can reach more surfaces on your teeth and do its job better.
- You’ll generally only use fluoride mouthwash once a day or as directed by your dentist. You can still use a regular mouthwash at another time of the day to freshen your mouth.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide