Bumkins Nintendo Controller Silicone Teether
Last updated date: July 13, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Teethers For Babies and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Teether For Baby you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Teether For Babies for a detailed review of all the top teethers for babies.
Choose from a variety of throwback Nintendo-themed designs with this teether for babies that is shaped like a 1990s-era Nintendo game controller. The fun designs make this the perfect gift for that baby shower you're attending, especially if either of the parents is a gamer. The silicone build makes it perfect for relieving sore gums.
In our analysis of 41 expert reviews, the Bumkins Nintendo Controller Silicone Teether placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Bumkins Silicone Teethers soothe babies’ sore gums. Made from silicone that’s flexible and gentle enough when your baby wants soft pressure on their gums. Texture massages and provides relief to gums while allowing your baby to explore shapes. May be chilled for added relief. Multiple textures, color, shape and the easy to grasp design help in development of sensory and motor skills. For ages 3 mos and up.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Teethers For Babies
Teething can be tough, both for babies and their parents. As teeth begin to break the surface of gums, infants experience discomfort, often leading to fussiness, difficulty sleeping, irritability and loss of appetite. Parents can soothe sore gums by rubbing a finger along them but having something to chew on can also offer some relief.
Many parents use teethers to get their infants through those tough months. Typically made from soft materials like silicon, these devices are specifically made to provide comfort. Some parents find that keeping teethers in the refrigerator between uses can provide even more relief.
When you’re considering buying a teether, though, there are several things to consider. The first thing you’ll probably notice is the many fun shapes and sizes teethers come in. Bright colors and shapes like bananas can make them a little more like a toy for infants. But if you’re giving one as a baby shower gift, there are many nostalgic-shaped teethers designed to make parents smile.
Safety is always a consideration with a product you buy for a child. Look specifically for a teether that’s free of BPA and phthalates, both of which continue to be a concern for parents. You should also search for a teether that resists bacteria and consider buying a carrying case to keep your teether clean while storing it in your diaper bag.
The Teether For Baby Buying Guide
- Teethers come in a variety of styles and designs. Your child may not appreciate that nostalgic teether design, but it will be fun to show off to friends, so feel free to indulge.
- The weight and size of your teether can make it tough for your baby to hold. Look for a smaller, more lightweight design that will work well hands free. If not, make sure your baby will be able to grip the pacifier to hold it in place.
- Teethers are designed to sooth the gums while teeth are coming in. Once your infant has several teeth in place, though, consider that the bristles built into some pacifiers can be easily chewed off. That could become a choking hazard. Keep a close eye on your baby if you decide to continue to use the teether after teeth have come through.
- The recommended age range should be listed on the package. Typically, babies will begin to show symptoms of teething around four to six months of age.
- Some textures are built to massage the gums while the baby uses it. This can provide extra relief.
- In addition to soothing gums, teethers can be useful in helping babies develop sensory and motor skills. This comes from the colors and shapes of the teether you choose.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide