Barbie Hugs ‘n Horses Realistic Girls’ Toy, Age 5
Last updated date: April 19, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Girls' Toys, Age 5 and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Girls' Toy, Age 5 you should buy.
Update as April 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Girls’ Toys, Age 5 for a detailed review of all the top girls' toys, age 5.
This lovely set is perfect for kids who love horses. It comes with two dolls, a horse and a pony. It also includes a feeding bucket, a bottle, hay and fruit.
In our analysis, the Barbie Barbie Hugs 'n Horses Realistic Girls' Toy, Age 5 placed 8th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Young horse lovers will go wild for the Barbie Hugs ‘n Horses playset that comes with 2 dolls, 2 horses, a puppy and 15+ accessories! The horse and pony have heads that bobble to mimic real movement — each also has a colored saddle, bridle and reins for horseback riding role-play! Kids can create their own horse corral with fencing pieces that connect! Horse lovers can adopt these pets and care for them with accessories that include a feeding trough and bucket, apples and carrots, a bale of hay, a bottle, a basket and a blanket! An included brush is perfect for grooming the horse and pony’s soft manes and tails. Barbie doll and Chelsea doll are ready to ride wearing casual outfits and riding boots — a cactus on Barbie doll’s t-shirt is a perfect statement. Each doll also has a helmet for realistic role-play fun! Makes a great gift for kids who love animals, especially horses — simply set up the fence as home base and let imagination ride because when a girl plays with Barbie, she imagines everything she can become!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Girls' Toys, Age 5
When you’re searching for girls’ toys, age 5, one of the key things to keep in mind is whether they toys will appeal to them for a long period of time. Will she be interested in the toy when she is 6 or 7, or is it something that she will only have a fleeting interest in for a few weeks or months? The best way to ensure the toys will grow with the child is to get something that they have an interest in.
For example, if your 5-year-old loves dressing up, get her something that she can use to play pretend. Costumes, accessories and pretend household items are perfect examples. If your child loves imitating her parents, then consider getting her a tool belt or a purse. This will capture her interest for a long time because it is a toy that she can play with using her imagination.
Another aspect to consider is whether the toy is open-ended. Some toys can only be played with in a certain way, while others can be a source of inspiration for many different games. For example, a necklace making kit can also be used to make bracelets or other kids of jewelry. Plus, kids can just take out the beads and sort them by color or size; they don’t actually have to make necklaces. Having a choice for playing with a toy in different ways provides kids with more freedom and flexibility.
The Girls' Toy, Age 5 Buying Guide
- Be sure to consider how the toy you’re buying can help your child to reach their developmental milestones. At 5 years old, children are getting stronger with their fine motor skills. In order to encourage them in this area, consider toys like a sticker activity book that lets them can practice peeling off stickers on their own and placing them in specific areas.
- To help children improve their memory, critical thinking and communication skills, consider getting a card game or board game. Games that involve matching items to other items are an excellent way to improve these skills while having lots of fun.
- Children are inherently social and love interacting with other children and adults. Consider whether the toy you’re getting encourages social interaction or whether it is more of a solitary activity. For example, a dress-up set is perfect for playing with other children while an activity book is something the child can do on their own.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide